Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:14:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Adding a master account field to profiles.  (Read 667 times)
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1220

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2018, 08:55:36 AM

There doesn't seem to be an easy way to link it to Jet Cash in the profile unless I start to use it.
I appreciate the effort that you are taking in your fit to talk and other projects, but such a suggestion would only be useful on a selective basis. Considering your account to be a use case of this suggestion, I dont see people who are using alt account to scam/spam/farm are going to actually reveal it - would they? That would make their whole attempt of making those accounts useless Cheesy

You on the other hand are not getting into such things (I hope) and you could create a thread in "Reputation" to keep the list of alts that you are creating and update it when new ones are made. Lock it so to prevent people from making unnecessary comments to it.

Does anyone still use ICQ?
Nope. We have so many other new IM softwares. Cool

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 2996
Merit: 3416

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2018, 09:53:53 AM
Merited by Jet Cash (2)

I use the name "Kuffy" on a variety of forums around the net, and I've just registered the name here as a protective measure. There is so much identity theft, and impersonation around at the moment, that I thought it best to block the use of the name. It is not my intention to use it for posting here.
This:

You can block it. So it will be even more reliable. If it is implied that the account was created only to exclude the possibility of using the name. Smiley

There doesn't seem to be an easy way to link it to Jet Cash in the profile unless I start to use it.
There is...

Best combination (for your case) is:

a) Sign a message from an address that previously been used on your main account.
b) Update your "Website title and URL fields" to your main account (instead of using it for listing your "kuffy" website).
c) Set you "secret Q&A" (from "Account Related Settings").
d) Recover your account using "SECRET QUESTION" option > Automatically "locks" your account.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Theb

Activity: 1680
Merit: 655

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 10:17:55 AM

All of the previous posts regarding on proving your ownership of the alt account seems to be on point. You can either put it on their signature or personal message just like how DarkStar_ did it to his alt account or you can tag it like what hilarious did to his alt account. Both methods are an easy fix on legitimizing your ownership of the account as it can easily be seen by other members here in the community.

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 16583

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2018, 11:41:36 AM

There doesn't seem to be an easy way to link it to Jet Cash in the profile unless I start to use it. Perhaps the ICQ entry could be replaced by a primary account name. Does anyone still use ICQ?
You can just use any of the unused fields for it, but I prefer just leaving 2-way neutral trust.

And users create alts for different reasons, one of which could be to separate your identity from an opinion you might have. And enter discussions incognito.
I remember seeing a post from theymos saying exactly this. I can't find it back, but from what I remember he says he prefers someone to express his opinion from an alt-account instead of not daring to speak his mind.

On the other hand, illegitimate alt accounts= Alt accounts used by different members which is not known to us/public.
As mentioned above, there can be legit reasons for wanting anonymity. As long as you're not untrustworthy on any of these accounts, I wouldn't call it illegitimate. Many users for instance left positive trust to their alts, which usually leads to red trust once discovered.

There are a few reasons that are not "spam-the-forum-for-bounties-and-signature-moneys", like Loyce and theymos who have an alt account that is used to login in insecure or shady computers (thus, not risking their account).
Until now, I haven't used LoyceMobile on anything else than my own phone, but I never trust phones. It's much easier to access than my home computer.

admins shouldn't operate as admins tho, always standard users unless performing admin tasks.
Although that's in general true for working on any computer system, I don't agree when it comes to forum use. Mods operate as Mods all the time too.

Many thanks for all the suggestions, and I will certainly implement some of them. It seems that some of the options are not available to brand new members, and, as a result of this, I decided to make a few posts as Kuffy. Hopefully this will allow me to comply with the suggested ideas.
You still haven't left 2-way neutral trust. That's much easier to find later on than (old) posts.

Kuffy

Activity: 127
Merit: 31

The real Jet Cash.

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2018, 11:49:26 AM
Merited by LoyceV (1), ibminer (1), bitart (1)

I thought I might give a bit of background to my decision to register this name, as it is the result of the major changes that are starting both in the world of crypto and Bitcoin, and in the broader global economy. Jet Cash is a long term holder of Bitcoin, and, as yet, I haven't sold or spent a single Satoshi. I started looking to buy Bitcoin when it was around $50, but I was put off by the wide trading spread and the online frauds of the time. I feel that I am a bit more competent now, and able to judge the reliability of Bitcoin sellers. The trust system here doesn't really help, as people like Vod, The Pharmacist and TMAN have got trust pages that look like a tomato press, but my gut insinct is that they are completely trustworthy. I've executed a couple of trades with JackG, and I went with my instinct with him, and ignored his trust comments. My instinct was right, and the trades were simple, fast, and trouble free. My domain registrar has stopped paying in Bitcoin when I sell domain names, so I am going to have to purchase coins directly to build my savings in the future.

Why have I registered Kuffy? I use the sobriquet "Kuffy" on several other forums, and Jet Cash is only used in this forum and Fit to Talk. Kuffy has over 5,500 likes on a major domaining forum, and I am going to have to start accepting Bitcoin directly for domain name sales. I have been using the escrow and payment service offered by my registrar, but the removal of Bitcoin as an option, means that I am no longer able to do this. I suspect that there may be some cross-over between the reputations of Jet Cash and Kuffy with regards to domain name sales. Hopefully this will lead to my introduction of some new domain name dealers as members of this forum.

I am fairly outspoken, and in the past I have campaigned against affiliate link theft, and the leeching of affiliate payments through review sites. I had a number of problems resulting from these campaigns, as the practioners signed up on various sites using my name, and made a number of posts in attempts to discredit me. At the moment I'm anti-globalism and the associated eugenics, and opposed to the actions of big pharma. I hope that by registering Kuffy here, I will be able to keep a clean reputation for both of the identities.

I'll select a suitable template for a web page for Jet Cash, and I'll list the 3 declared alts on there. For the record, they are JetAid, Talk Merit, and Kuffy. Hopefully, discvussiing them openly will also avoid any confusion in the future.
bitart

Activity: 1442
Merit: 629

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 11:01:49 PM

I thought I might give a bit of background to my decision to register this name, as it is the result of the major changes that are starting both in the world of crypto and Bitcoin, and in the broader global economy. Jet Cash is a long term holder of Bitcoin, and, as yet, I haven't sold or spent a single Satoshi. I started looking to buy Bitcoin when it was around $50, but I was put off by the wide trading spread and the online frauds of the time. I feel that I am a bit more competent now, and able to judge the reliability of Bitcoin sellers. The trust system here doesn't really help, as people like Vod, The Pharmacist and TMAN have got trust pages that look like a tomato press, but my gut insinct is that they are completely trustworthy. I've executed a couple of trades with JackG, and I went with my instinct with him, and ignored his trust comments. My instinct was right, and the trades were simple, fast, and trouble free. My domain registrar has stopped paying in Bitcoin when I sell domain names, so I am going to have to purchase coins directly to build my savings in the future.

Why have I registered Kuffy? I use the sobriquet "Kuffy" on several other forums, and Jet Cash is only used in this forum and Fit to Talk. Kuffy has over 5,500 likes on a major domaining forum, and I am going to have to start accepting Bitcoin directly for domain name sales. I have been using the escrow and payment service offered by my registrar, but the removal of Bitcoin as an option, means that I am no longer able to do this. I suspect that there may be some cross-over between the reputations of Jet Cash and Kuffy with regards to domain name sales. Hopefully this will lead to my introduction of some new domain name dealers as members of this forum.

I am fairly outspoken, and in the past I have campaigned against affiliate link theft, and the leeching of affiliate payments through review sites. I had a number of problems resulting from these campaigns, as the practioners signed up on various sites using my name, and made a number of posts in attempts to discredit me. At the moment I'm anti-globalism and the associated eugenics, and opposed to the actions of big pharma. I hope that by registering Kuffy here, I will be able to keep a clean reputation for both of the identities.

I'll select a suitable template for a web page for Jet Cash, and I'll list the 3 declared alts on there. For the record, they are JetAid, Talk Merit, and Kuffy. Hopefully, discvussiing them openly will also avoid any confusion in the future.
I know you hate if someone quotes the whole post but..
It's a good technique to have it quoted somewhere if you want to use it later on and you want to prove something with it. If your Kuffy account gets hacked, hackers can edit your post in order to make some trouble, so if someone quotes the post, hackers have to hack the quoter's account too in order to make the necessary changes in the quote too...
There's a similar topic here in Meta (started by Tomatocage) where you can get your bitcoin address quoted, for the same reason. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=996318.0
So this is done for you now, this is one of the rare reasons when quoting the whole post is a must Smiley
S_Therapist

Activity: 308
Merit: 277

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 02:02:00 AM

~snip~
If the hacker is the same person who had quoted, both can be changed, lol.
I always prefer to archive. One can easily edit the quoted post. That's why I prefer archive to avoid any kind of trouble.

Exchase
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CRYPTO EXCHANGE  │  MARGIN TRADING  │  TOKEN LISTING
CRYPTO-WALLET  │  CRYPTO-GAMES  │  CRYPTO LOANS
SOCIAL TRADING  │  P2P EXCHANGE  │  OTC TRADING
MONEY TRANSFER SYSTEM  │  BINARY OPTIONS
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2018, 09:25:09 AM

Well I own the .com domain names for all of my identities apart from JetAid. So they would need to hack my server as well. You make a good point about the Bitcoin address though, and I need to include that. I posrted inreputation, and I added a neutral trust to the Kuffy profile. I'm not sure what use it would be adding it to the Jet Cash profile though.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
bluefirecorp_

Activity: 574
Merit: 152

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 10:05:18 PM

Well I own the .com domain names for all of my identities apart from JetAid. So they would need to hack my server as well. You make a good point about the Bitcoin address though, and I need to include that. I posrted inreputation, and I added a neutral trust to the Kuffy profile. I'm not sure what use it would be adding it to the Jet Cash profile though.
ICANN rents you usage of your .com name.

A hundred years from now, who knows who was renting what?

Buttermellow

Activity: 462
Merit: 14

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 06:40:35 AM
Last edit: November 06, 2018, 07:33:38 AM by Buttermellow

I've just been re-reading the alt account threads here, and it occurred to me that it could be useful to include a reference to a master account in the profiles of legitimate alts.
This would be useful for those high ranks that has alt accounts. Many users now try to impersonate higher rank accounts just to get acknowledge from other high rank users.  Besides, those users who imitate the high rank usernames are good for nothing spammers.

Moreover, username imitators will drag the higher rank's reputations down and for that you will have a degrading dignity as a member of this forum.
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 16583

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2018, 04:54:14 PM

Many users now try to impersonate higher rank accounts just to get acknowledge from other high rank users.
As far as I know, this doesn't happen that often, but there have been scammers who impersonate others. Usually, they quickly get tagged. If you find an impersonator that isn't tagged yet, just report it somewhere and DT will get them.

Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2018, 05:45:40 PM

I was tempted to use Kuffy to sell some domain names, but, seeing as I got into trouble because I lost track of my alt posting a while ago, it's probably better to stick to using Jet Cash. Jet Cash has got a bit of green trust as well, so that will probably help.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: