Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 12:53:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How much do you invest in a new ICO?  (Read 1238 times)
umar22pk

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2018, 03:15:36 PM

First of all I would like to suggest everybody to invest in crypto as you can bear or afford to loss, because in crypto world you will see huge pump & dump. There will be chance to make profit in 10X or even more than 10X but you can’t ignore the chance of lose your money with the same ratio.

So I think you have to invest in crypto your extra money which you can bear to lose.
elrugrim

Activity: 686
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 03:32:35 PM

Not at all. I prefer not to risk getting into investments in the current market. It is better to wait for a more obvious change of trend to upward, and then maybe I will think about investing in the ICO.
jagdeepjd

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 03:56:50 PM

With the current market scenario and the average performance of returns from ICO's I have reduced my allocation of portfolio towards investing in ICO's. Currently, I am allocating less than 5% of my portfolio in ICO's. I am hoping for the recovery of market and return of Ico gains which we used to have previously because being an ico investor we expect to get some extra benefit from the users who will buy when the coin hits the exchanges.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 600

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 03:59:55 PM

Never invested to an ICO but early years were the best in terms of profit.

Their minimum requirement isn't so high and the return was great. Unlike today even you'll invest that much to an ICO you still don't have an assurance that you'll get high profit in return. And there's a chance that you can even scammed by those developers.
Commitments

Activity: 532
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 04:03:40 PM

Some time I got investment with new ico project about 3 to 5 eth based on how potential of ico project investment it self, some time I will invest with lower 1 eth because just few investors are participated at their ico.
oho

Activity: 490

Investing in the future development of blockchain

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 04:06:25 PM

Maybe I will tell you not what you want to hear, but now investing in ICO is not profitable! Because after entering on exchangers, prices are falling very much! And now it is easier to invest in products that went to the stock exchange, and many of them are much cheaper shopping at ICO!

[
kolonel_x

Activity: 1092
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 04:39:50 PM

every time I make an investment in every ico project I always count at least 25% of the total funds that we have for one project, so at least we don't throw our money in one basket and can 3-4 projects that we follow

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
camelson
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 05:02:08 PM

Nowadays ICOs do not have the potential to be successful and many of them even do not reach their soft cap. It is not wise to invest in ICO at this moment. If you are interested in the project then follow the project and when the coins get listed on exchanges then invest. I also use the same strategy for investment.
ub27

Activity: 559
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 05:02:42 PM

Honestly i didn't invest in any ICO or project, instead of investing i participate to their campaign, joining in bounty campaign, social media campaign like facebook and twitter campaign. Because for me, investing into an ICO is a high level risk, you couldn't know if that project will be success or failed.
Of course if you are a person who likes to invest in ICO, you will have experience to choose good ICO. No one is going to venture into the ICO just like you did in the bounty campaign. You don'thave the bounty picking skills, you will get a lot of bounty scams and as a result you will not get anything.
johanesrobin

Activity: 658

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 05:04:52 PM

it is a personal decision based on personal decisions and analysis. if you believe that bigger is better.
but if you are hesitant, leave and there are other ways to invest safer than ICO investments. Wink
1993jochico

Activity: 364
Merit: 46

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 05:09:23 PM

If Im going to invest huge amount of money to a new ICO like 5 BTC I will make sure that this ICO has a great team and has high potential on most of crypto users will adopt the coin and so on for sure you also know how to choose a good ICO, but in this kind of situation of the market better not to put a huge amount to a new projects because most of the projects this year fail because of there are lots of scam ICO introduce and the great projects didnt reach their qouta and fails.

Riki31

Activity: 333
Merit: 14

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 06:51:21 PM

Nowadays I would not give such an advice to invest into ICOs in case you liked the project. It is better to buy the token after it appears on the first exchange, because it's cost will be much more lower than the price during the token sale.
tmpwhore

Activity: 343

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 06:57:12 PM

As for me, I don't invest in ICOs I think it's better to buy tokens after listing on any exchange. Usually the price is less than ICO price and there is no risk of scam.
kobita333

Activity: 244

Official Street Team member

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 07:01:28 PM

Till now, I have invested in 4 ICO and got scammed 1 time although the amount was not a big deal. Anyway, having enough research, you can choose a good one in which you can put your money without any tension what I usually do.

Beyond Protocol
Street Team
http://beyond.link | Coming Fall 2021
Official bitcointalk
thread
sirminesalot

Activity: 1148
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 07:01:40 PM

Not at all. I prefer not to risk getting into investments in the current market. It is better to wait for a more obvious change of trend to upward, and then maybe I will think about investing in the ICO.
can you avoid the risk if you want to do something to make money?. of course everything we do will have a risk. yes, currently investing ico I think is prone to fraud, although we think it's good and promising, but it still happens. indeed when we invest in ico it depends on our luck.
mitchel_am

Activity: 378

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 07:06:09 PM

I think it depends on ICOs but if a good ICO is on the market and I believe in it I can invest up to 2 ETH in it in the beginning
Huntler1993

Activity: 462
Merit: 13

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 07:11:33 PM

So many things come into play when investing into a project, even sometimes the name of the project play a part, the idea and it purported  purpose. You can invest any amount but i normally invest what i can lose should it turn out that way.
newb-dev

Activity: 406

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 07:20:35 PM

Usually I invest about $500 if I consider that the ICO is a good one. I like to support good projects and I think it is worth doing it
Skroojee

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 07:39:06 PM

Now it is quite difficult to recommend a good project, because even good projects can cause your collapse. Of the new projects that I like can be called JUR and My Crypto Bank.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
waldocarter

Activity: 378

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 07:44:39 PM

Once I invested in one project, personally for me, very much. About $ 5000. And when I lost my money, I was just in shock. From the moment I made the decision, never to invest more than $ 500 in one project.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: