Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:52:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Notification to all those users registered before the 2015 hack.  (Read 221 times)
TheBeardedBaby (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 3134

₿uy / $ell

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 09:02:44 AM

The main part of the hacked accounts posting here for recovery are of users registered before the 2015 hack.
Why don't we inform those users to change their emails and passwords so reduce this madness.
I guess many of those users were not aware of the database leakage and they did't take precautions.
Just a simple PM to them from the forum system with a reminder to change their credentials should be enough.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
S_Therapist

Activity: 308
Merit: 277

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 09:10:20 AM
Last edit: November 07, 2018, 09:48:33 AM by S_Therapist

Theymos sent mail to do so back in the day. So, nothing much will happen if a PM sends because most of the users are not active.
That's why it was advised to change your email after the site recovered and Theymos sent out a mass mail informing people to do so.

Happy Birthday.

Exchase
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CRYPTO EXCHANGE  │  MARGIN TRADING  │  TOKEN LISTING
CRYPTO-WALLET  │  CRYPTO-GAMES  │  CRYPTO LOANS
SOCIAL TRADING  │  P2P EXCHANGE  │  OTC TRADING
MONEY TRANSFER SYSTEM  │  BINARY OPTIONS
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
erikoy

Activity: 686
Merit: 125

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 09:20:42 AM

This is one way to inform those users here through the OP posts in this forum. The number of users who registered before the 2015 hack might get notice here and will be able to chance their emails and password immediately if not getting compromised.

Hacking activity is everywhere, a member should have a due diligence to secure his/her account. Probably it is also good to put a reminder on the welcoming message not only to new users but to all who will log in in this forum. A pop up welcome message is ideal for this if only it will be alright by the admin.
Gloverwrt

Activity: 126
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 09:49:37 AM

I've come across a couple of posts regarding notifying those who may have been affected by the 2015 hack through pm or email to change their Proglfile credentials.

And if possible those accounts could be locked pending when they come online as most of the users have been inactive.

Happy Birthday.

One year down the road for @iasenko
TheBeardedBaby (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 3134

₿uy / $ell

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 10:32:28 AM

Theymos sent mail to do so back in the day. So, nothing much will happen if a PM sends because most of the users are not active.
I thought that something like this might have happen back in 2015 but I did't find any info, now as you mentioned it seems like those who were warned and did't change the passwords/mails have to bear the consequences.

Thanks for the wishes. One year went so fast as it was yesterday when I registered my account.
I'm locking this one.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: