Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 08:06:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Decline of the West  (Read 213 times)
Marsel12 (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 10:19:52 AM
Merited by SinarG (1)

Recently, I increasingly recall the work "The Decline of the West" by Oswald Spengler. It seems to me that what he described is really true. Now we see it very clearly.
In short: each civilization has its own time of life measured. The end of civilization comes immediately after the heyday. Now Europe is flourishing, but we can already notice the features of its decline.
What do you think? Is the end of European civilization near? Do you agree with Spengler?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SinarG

Activity: 126
Merit: 5

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 01:05:53 PM

I`m more interested in the theory of local civilizations. I agree that all societies are developing unevenly, among them are young, old, etc. Europe is certainly an old woman. She really lives her age, almost like the Roman Empire at one time. I'm serious. Read the history of the last years of the Roman Empire and you will find a lot in common with modern Europe.
hoverdrone

Activity: 58
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 07:35:47 PM

I think focus nowadays is slowly shifting to Oriental civilizations. China is leading the way with its immense rate of technological development - I believe it`s time to start learning Chinese, feels like China will be dominating (at least one of them) country in the next decades.
BQ

Activity: 616
Merit: 53

CoinMetro - the future of exchanges

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 09:08:31 PM

I've not read what you are talking about but I do like to read a lot on this subject and I personally think it's the case for numerous reasons,
however this is not the first time Europe has been "under attack" in one way or another, but isn't it the first time the population itself is the cause?
of course those who disagree with me will say no since they don't find Europe to be in decline to begin with.

indeed it's likely so that all civilizations has a "limited time", which can be seen with all civilizations in history so far!
but if this is the time or not is uncertain.

5 EUR free crypto on signup! XCM exchange token ⚜⚜⚜  CoinMetro - Copy Trading - Margin - 0% maker fee  ⚜⚜⚜ - generate €500 volume in July for a chance to win €100!
InvoKing
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1065

✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2018, 06:45:30 AM

-snip-
What do you think? Is the end of European civilization near?

Without a world war it will be unlikely.
Most of European countries especially in the east could be absorbed by Russia in case of war without major resistance in Just few days if the USA stays neutral.
Otherwise, Europeans are well organised however the main threat is the rise of alt right wings...

PSPD:law and order enforcement!
Press Section Police Department!
tightcoat490

Activity: 18

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 10:51:52 AM

Aristotle said,

"Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society."

This is exactly what's happening in the west-political correctness and complacency. It's been the beginning of the end for awhile now.

China could be the next superpower as its economical, technological, military, and political influence continues to expand.
popcorn1
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1027

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 11:48:39 AM

Recently, I increasingly recall the work "The Decline of the West" by Oswald Spengler. It seems to me that what he described is really true. Now we see it very clearly.
In short: each civilization has its own time of life measured. The end of civilization comes immediately after the heyday. Now Europe is flourishing, but we can already notice the features of its decline.
What do you think? Is the end of European civilization near? Do you agree with Spengler?
Oswald Spengler is full of doggy doo ..

So who is the countries that do all the copying ?  you know like the west inventing stuffs and other countries copying it?..

So we in the UK are losing our inventing minds you are saying?..No i don't think so   1950s we was talking about AI  so how far do you thinks we have come ?..

You do know many inventions are hidden Wink  just for a just for in case situation  Grin..Now i bet the china don't have some of these inventions you know like space weapons..

Then it goes down to what is china trying to copy now from stolen technology WE THE WEST INVENTED     THANKS Grin..

See china has many problems dictatorship for 1   then all the Chinese people need feeding plus many are not happy with the dictatorship run government so that means soon the Chinese peoples will attack  like history shows us what happens in china  ..China tends to have a dictator then in the end the people rebel and kill the leader..

Now China would of been good until the chinese dictator said i will rule like a dictator  killing reporters and what not ..Now gone to shit..

And this is what happens when idiot leaders trust people with dictator countries in the end they try and dictate to the whole world..

I see the west lasting until this planet blows up  You seem to think blockchain is the answer?  WELL my ideas and i am UK born would smash all your blockchain ideas..

So no loss of invention losses from the west  Grin.. What if we invented free energy  who is at a loss then?..  I wonder if anyone can thinks if we had free energy who would win and who would loose ..

The only power is a dictators power and who suffers ?  YOUR OWN PEOPLES ..So how is it the decline of the west?  a decline for dictators YES ..

So a decline for CHINA  FACT..

The ones who let the people control will rule the world    dictators are dead   OH and they will die  cause a war you die with us all  and your billions ..

The greedy monsters will try anything to keep power BUT this time in history those leaders will be scull dragged across the street and killed..

WE THE PEOPLE RULE   IN THE WEST    NOT SOME DICTATING ASS HOLE..
Becksinsky

Activity: 233

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 01:03:56 PM

Now Europe is experiencing its dawn.
I agree that dawn will be followed by sunset, but on the scale of historical time, dawn does not last decades, but hundreds of years.
So I think the dawn of Europe will last for a long time, our children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren will find him.
Relax. There are no reasons for serious unrest.
What we are observing is only minor drawbacks.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 12:37:29 AM

The greedy monsters will try anything to keep power BUT this time in history those leaders will be scull dragged across the street.......

Scull dragged?Huh

Skull dragged?Huh

Like...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YR5ApYxkU-U

ClockworkTrader

Activity: 213
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 03:28:07 PM
Last edit: November 18, 2018, 03:55:57 PM by ClockworkTrader

-snip-
What do you think? Is the end of European civilization near?

Without a world war it will be unlikely.
Most of European countries especially in the east could be absorbed by Russia in case of war without major resistance in Just few days if the USA stays neutral.
Otherwise, Europeans are well organised however the main threat is the rise of alt right wings...

Why would Russia want to absorb Europe? It seems they have a lot of territory, production and natural resources already. I`d be more concerned with the USA`s economical influence on the European states.
Craael

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 03:44:56 PM

A majority of the people commenting here are concerned about USA or Russia, but no one is really concerned about the growing bureaucracy and power of the European Union. Macron and other leaders are discussing the creation of the EU Army, which could lead to EU being powerful enough to totally overcome and control the independence of its member states. I'm much more concerned about power-hungry EU leaders than about Russia or the US.

What we're currently observing isn't the deathbed of Europe but rather shift of wealth from the western EU to the easterners. Eastern European countries are economically growing at rates much higher than their western neighbours and it's only a matter of time before they surpass them.
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2019, 05:33:27 AM

well europe has aged it needs a renewal china has aged too, it will also need a catastrophy and then a new renewal,

but power ultimately is not geographic it is more divine than you think.

what do you mean with decline exactly relative power? total power?

sometimes regions grow in dimensions beyond economics that you arent aware off

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: