Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:42:49 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The bear market, a fix to greedy ICO's  (Read 305 times)
Collynzo (OP)

Activity: 131
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 01:49:19 PM

A lot would have wondered if the ICO market is dead, the truth is that the market is still alive but the bear market may not allow for raising of hundreds of Millions of Dollars just like we had throughout 2017 and 2018 where even a lot of greedy projects where overvalued.

With the bear market, it is time to know real projects, projects may no longer raise hundreds of Millions as they usually overvalue their token and eventually find nd it hard to achieve softcap and hardcap becomes an endless wait.

The reality now is that ICO projects may not be able to raise such huge sum anymore. It is now time to wade off greedy projects, only real and genuine projects will survive by starting low and prooving themselves overtime. 
premiumproductss

Activity: 560
Merit: 119

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 01:54:28 PM

A lot would have wondered if the ICO market is dead, the truth is that the market is still alive but the bear market may not allow for raising of hundreds of Millions of Dollars just like we had throughout 2017 and 2018 where even a lot of greedy projects where overvalued.

With the bear market, it is time to know real projects, projects may no longer raise hundreds of Millions as they usually overvalue their token and eventually find nd it hard to achieve softcap and hardcap becomes an endless wait.

The reality now is that ICO projects may not be able to raise such huge sum anymore. It is now time to wade off greedy projects, only real and genuine projects will survive by starting low and prooving themselves overtime. 
Last year when almost all ICOs, altcoins were profitable it was a nice year, everybody was earning, so where was the problem, why we cant continue in this trend? I see many many promising ICOs and altcoins and they are so checp now. Nobody wants to earn?

Karlinz
Copper Member

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 01:17:54 PM

It is no longer business as usual for some greedy developers, the bear market has already set them packing, it is only those interested in developing real projects and willing to noture them grow over time will remain. The last year bull market saw a lot of ICO's taking millions of dollars in token sale and majority were not having useful projects. Currently any project will to launch now should be ready to accommodate the low capital raiss and push it through to a reasonable level

🌱 KNL Ecosystem 🌱                                                                                                                                         
                     Invest. Trade. Earn                  SECTORS OF TOKENIZATION  | Agriculture, Real estate, Oil industry, Fintech, Other industries   
                                                    /                                                      Telegram | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Medium | Btt
que91

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 01:20:49 PM

Yep, it's true. At the moment, everywhen you can see any ICO project said that they raised about $100mln you guys should stay away from it. LOL. Just because I can ensure 100% that it's just a scam project. There is no project can rise that much money at this time while bear still doesn't wanna sleep and bull doesn't wake.
Invest-or

Activity: 322
Merit: 20

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 01:40:03 PM

I tend to thnik that corrections in the market occur for a good reason. You can´t sustain indefinite exponential growth, that is just insane. It is unrelated to ICO, you cannot have it in anything.
Gembul0705

Activity: 168
Merit: 24

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2018, 01:40:27 PM

Now the reality is that many projects ICO are only concerned with their  profit for Dev. When their project have reached hardcap they don't care about the price and future of the project. Many project say that they reach hardcap but their token doesn't have value or doesn't have listing at any exchanger. Maybe we can hope when the market is bullrun and we can earn some profit again when join some ICO
Vit83

Activity: 644

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2018, 02:30:41 PM

They don't more than 1 million for the first steps. First ICO raised very few money but most of them created products and made a great profit for investors. Now I see lots of strange projects collecting hundreds of millions for nothing, just some clever words. This must change. And as I said before, they all must be security for such price.

Teraboy

Activity: 2282
Merit: 505

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 02:39:34 PM

They don't more than 1 million for the first steps. First ICO raised very few money but most of them created products and made a great profit for investors. Now I see lots of strange projects collecting hundreds of millions for nothing, just some clever words. This must change. And as I said before, they all must be security for such price.
Just like EOS and any other crap platforms. But the trend of crypto gives a lot of impact too. i would not try to deny about the fact that crypto is really volatile and anything will always have relationship with the speculation. A lot of icos in the past have become the major platform just like ethereum and ripple.
CreamIce

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 02:41:50 PM

I think we get overwhelmed by the market sometimes, but it should not let us make hasty decisions.
As long as we were earning good from the projects, it was fair to invest but suddenly they look greedy.
Well, they have always been like that, its our research that brings in the faith. So keep doing thorough research and you will see some ICO's still good.
shakesbear

Activity: 684
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 03:00:26 PM

The crisis always clears the market from garbage, I think for the crypto world it will only benefit.

░░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓************** DFINANCE is New Age of DEFI **************▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░░
░░▒▒▓▓▓▓* Bitcointalk ▐  TwitterReddit ▐  Telegram ▐  Github ▐  Discord *▓▓▓▓▒▒░░
░░▒▒▓▓▓** A Non-Code Platform for Decentralized Trading Instruments **▓▓▓▒▒░░
mummybtc

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 03:09:21 PM

This become a real concern to me, developers started becoming greedy and offering less value for money, when I entered the space most projects raised between $1 to $7million, project like Stratis raised less than a million Dollar and is more successful than the $20, $30 million or more projects in the space.

I think people need to protect themselves now and projectasking for ridiculous amount must be called out
Airelves09

Activity: 298

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2018, 03:26:21 PM

You're right. ICO will not die. It is just that the way and speed of raising funds are not as fast as before. People's sense of participation in ICO changed. People are not becoming so blind. Now is the time to choose valuable investments.

(o)(o)ilikeboobs(o)(o)

Activity: 826
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 03:46:07 PM

I don't think the downtrend would fix anything,
it just limit scams at a stable level, cause people are very aware of scams and over all, they had just lost all their money at the bear market though.
MirkoIta
Legendary

Activity: 1667
Merit: 1008

Stoned & Stranged

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2018, 05:38:20 PM

I think the bear market mainly punished greedy ICO projects which kept their money in ETH instead of converting them straight to USD, gambling on the price to keep going up but ending with 50/90% less funds than they collected.

ARE YOU LOOKING FOR AN ENGLISH TO ITALIAN TRANSLATOR? HIRE ME ON https://fivebucks.com/users/MirkoItalia            
     ONLY BITCOIN SV ACCEPTED
go4crypto

Activity: 798
Merit: 263

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 05:41:13 PM

Bear market corrections do flush out excessive speculation and greed in the market for both new ICOs and existing projects. It prepares the base for next bull run.
bigcash2011

Activity: 1442
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2018, 06:49:24 PM

I know icos have slowed down and also struggling due to bearish market to raise good funds but i think this is not the ideal situation if you look from the perspective of overall crypto market abd community, we do need good growth both of volume and value for bright future of crypto market, im not saying we want straight up market continuously, dips and corrections are always healthy but i think a corrective phase lasting for months can hurt the market badly especially new people can be discouraged and are foreced to exit the market out of disappointment and panic, so it will be good if volume stays in the market and keeps growing.

quocsi

Activity: 360

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 06:57:38 PM

Yes, you have evaluated the market situation very real. ICO projects almost always exaggerate the value of each token of the project. These are just virtual numbers when they are linked on a trading platform. This price is very low. Therefore, to avoid such projects, you should carefully understand the information about the project. I evaluate the actual projects very high although the value of the cards is very low but it is realistic and has great potential for future development.

IgorShumilo

Activity: 518
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 07:00:08 PM

Open the coinmarket and look at the number of tokens and coins, there are already 2090 of them. You don’t think it’s time to finish typing ISO, aren't there enough projects in different areas of our life. I think it's time to implement projects and introduce them into our lives. But I am sure that the new bull market will give a new impetus to ISO and by the end of 2019 we will see more than 3,500 coins and tokens.
pharaon

Activity: 753

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 07:03:49 PM

I also thought about it, and perhaps at the moment the market for ICO projects is indeed changing and some project developers, as well as fraudsters, will understand that collecting huge amounts is not as easy  as it was before.
gerjiss

Activity: 336

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 07:24:07 PM

Due to the large drop in the cryptocurrency market this year, many projects have lost their investors, this includes both good and fraudulent projects, so I do not think that the situation with the ICO is getting better because of the bear market, since there are still a lot of scammers.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: