Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 02:05:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Completely decentralized Blackjack demo - solidity partner developer sought  (Read 126 times)
Watanabe Blue (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 05:35:28 AM

Below is a simple prototype of a blackjack game I developed where every action occurs on the Ethereum Ropsten Testnet. When the source code is polished, I plan to release it on the website so all players can verify that it's completely fair and decentralized.

To test the prototype, you'll need Metamask logged into the Ethereum ROPSTEN testnet. Then visit: https://ectarium.com/bjtest and enter a bet amount between 0.1 and 0.001 ether.
Game pays: 1:1 on win, 3:2 on blackjack, bet returned on push. Dealer always stands on soft 17.

Source code can be verified at contract: 0xc94238176e96b48aa3017274e1B158b9a230d9B8  
Please check page source code to verify for yourself that this contract is used.
Currenty, only betting on ROPSTEN test network is available.

What I'm looking for:
1) An experienced solidity developer to partner with, willing to work with me on this and advise accordingly. I can cover all financial expenses we incur, or acquire investors for larger expenses.
2) Some feedback from testers.

Current issues:
1) Split, Double Down and Insurance are not yet implemented, this is just a prototype.
2) The UI interface is currently simple and has overlapping bugs. If there's sufficient interest in the game, it will be developed properly.
3) Gas usage is around 400k per game currently (~70k gas per action, ~200k to start a new game). Code will later be optimized to reduce this. Minimum bet upon release will be high enough so that gas isn't a major issue.
4) The game is slow since each movement must be verified on the blockchain. Despite this, it at least offers a 100% completely decentralized solution for Blackjack. Other modes in the future may be released involving state channels such as via Loom or Raiden where the player may choose to sacrifice some decentralization for speed and reduced gas usage. The fully decentralized option will always remain available however.
Current workaround to play more games faster: Create multiple addresses in different browsers, play from each.

100% Decentralized, Visibly Fair Blackjack On The Ethereum Mainnet, Developed By Me Entirely.

Play Now For Real Ether!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: