Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 10:45:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My own mining machine would be faster than professional miners?  (Read 225 times)
ajeeshb (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 10:44:35 AM

Whether or not and under what circumstances my own mining machine would be faster than professional miners?
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mocacinno
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4922

https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2018, 10:51:45 AM
Merited by Jet Cash (2)

Whether or not and under what circumstances my own mining machine would be faster than professional miners?

It's quite hard to understand what you're asking exactly.
Do you want to know wether or not you'll be able to make the ASIC you purchased run faster? In this case, you can experiment with the alternative firmware that's available for some of the bitmain products. You can also overclock your ASIC and/or make sure it runs in an optimal environment (heat, moisture, dust, fast network, low latency pool connection,...).

This being said, using alternative firmware and overclocking *might* harm your hardware... So do it at your own risk.
Also, overclocking *might* result in more hashes per second, however, the amount of Joules per Terrahash that's being used might also rise (costing you a lot more in power). It's perfectly possible that your ASIC running at 13.5 Th/s draws 1300 Watt, while the same ASIC running at 13.7 Th/s draws 1600 Watts (imaginary numbers)

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
ajeeshb (OP)

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 11:43:53 AM

It's quite hard to understand what you're asking exactly.
Do you want to know wether or not you'll be able to make the ASIC you purchased run faster? In this case, you can experiment with the alternative firmware that's available for some of the bitmain products. You can also overclock your ASIC and/or make sure it runs in an optimal environment (heat, moisture, dust, fast network, low latency pool connection,...).

This being said, using alternative firmware and overclocking *might* harm your hardware... So do it at your own risk.
Also, overclocking *might* result in more hashes per second, however, the amount of Joules per Terrahash that's being used might also rise (costing you a lot more in power). It's perfectly possible that your ASIC running at 13.5 Th/s draws 1300 Watt, while the same ASIC running at 13.7 Th/s draws 1600 Watts (imaginary numbers)

Hi,

Actually, we are running a ledger bitcoin servers for our bitcoin transactions. So I am looking for if we implement a bitcoin mining device can increase our transaction speed?. Right now we are not running any mining at the moment.
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 16633

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2018, 11:48:12 AM

I am looking for if we implement a bitcoin mining device can increase our transaction speed?. Right now we are not running any mining at the moment.
Short answer: no.
If you want faster transactions, you'll have to increase the fees you use. If you want blocks to be found faster, running your own mining hardware isn't going to change that at all.

ajeeshb (OP)

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 01:54:20 PM

I am looking for if we implement a bitcoin mining device can increase our transaction speed?. Right now we are not running any mining at the moment.
If you want faster transactions, you'll have to increase the fees you use. If you want blocks to be found faster, running your own mining hardware isn't going to change that at all.

Thank you for your update.
Is there any way I can track my current bitcoin incoming transaction speed?
Bitfort

Activity: 952
Merit: 339

invest trade and gamble wisely

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 05:10:11 PM
Last edit: November 08, 2018, 05:35:15 PM by Bitfort
Merited by LoyceV (1)

The only condition is to develop chip that can solve sha256 faster (more effectively) than any other competitors chip. But this area was already explored by huge companies. Prepare couple of millions USDs for development and manufacture. Also be able to bear the risk you will not succeed.

I assume (based on your questions) that you do not understand how all this works.
Your transaction needs to be confirmed ( included in block ).
New block is found every ten minutes (in average) ... this timeframe is hardcoded in source code. There is also hardcoded formula which adjusts mining difficulty every 2016 blocks. So e.g. in case last 2016 blocks were found too quickly  (let's say 5 minutes average time beteween each block) the difficulty going to rise. And vice versa (if it took to much time to find those 2016 block the mining difficulty drops).
By this I wanted to say it does not matter how powerfull your miner is because bitcoin protocol is "self-adjusting" to keep the block time 10 minutes (in average).
find more info here: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Difficulty

As LoyceV said. You would need to use higher ( above average ) tx fee so mires would include your transaction asap (in first block they find) ... but still you are limited by above said (10 minutes between blocks).

What you can do to measure speed?
Measure how long (in seconds) you transaction was in mempool (is't the place where all unconfirmed transactions are stored)
Snapshot:
A)-timestamp you receive transaction
B)-timestamp tx was confirmed (included in block)
Then: B - A = your transation time in seconds

or

use block heights:
Make snapshot:
C)-current blockheight (at time the transaction was sent)
D)-height of block where that transaction is included
Then: D - C  = number of blocks it took to confirm

MY HINTs
◄M► MINING
◄G► GAMBLING
◄E► EXCHANGE

◄E► (KCS) Kucoin-Staking, Auto-Lending, Trading-Bot
◄E► (BNB) Binance-Staking, Savings, 10% RefBack
◄E► (TRX) Poloniex-Staking, Lending, Fee Discount
◄E► (LEO) Bitfinex-Staking, Auto-Lending

◄G► Betfury-Faucet, Dividend Earnings (BFG holders, mine BFG by playing)
◄G► Bitvest -  Faucet, Bankroll Invest
◄G► CryptoGames-Faucet, Lotto
◄G► PrimeDice-Faucet

◄M► Prohashing (Multipool)-Payout in any coin, get 0.50% bonus for 30 days
◄M► MiningRigRentals (Marketplace)-buy hashrate or rent your miners
◄M► Viabtc  (Pool)-payout to Coinex (exchnage) without fees

mocacinno
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4922

https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2018, 05:12:13 PM

There is no such thing as 'incoming transaction speed'. Transactions are broadcasted trougout the network in a matter of seconds.

If your fee (in sat/byte) is in the top 1 mb in the current mempool, you have a decent chance your tx will end up in the next block. I'm on my phone right now, if somebody didn't give you a full explanation by tomorrow morning, i'll try to explain in detail when i get in at work tomorrow morning..

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████