Bitcoin Forum
August 21, 2024, 12:35:52 PM *
News: All versions of Windows are affected by a critical security bug; make sure you update.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What they can do with our identities and pics?  (Read 100 times)
SuiMikira (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 05:49:42 AM

I see many threads showing campaigns require KYC  to cheat bounty hunters.
Stellar/blockchain.com, i don't know, is running an unusual airdrop to collect identities, bank bills, video...

So my question, what exactly they can do with those documents? Could it hurt our life or finance?
khoapham89
Copper Member

Activity: 101
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 06:11:52 AM

So my question, what exactly they can do with those documents? Could it hurt our life or finance?

Yes, maybe. They can use our identity for some criminal actions, even scam other people. I think we should only do KYC if it is really necessary. Never do KYC for a few of dollars from airdrop. It's not worthy.

sallasvve

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 06:22:11 AM

In Russia, there were cases when you received credits in your name with your fake passport, and you had to take the rap for them. It is very dangerous to even transfer copies of your documents to anyone.

kokrokok

Activity: 447
Merit: 11

Koinomo

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 06:28:50 AM

I also don't know what they will do with the identity that we have, but I suggest that if only airdrop asks for KYC you should go, because airdrop is now a lot of scams, fearing that the identity we have used for something inappropriate

Btc_1856

Activity: 1540
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 06:37:39 AM

Yes, maybe. They can use our identity for some criminal actions, even scam other people. I think we should only do KYC if it is really necessary. Never do KYC for a few of dollars from airdrop. It's not worthy.

Yes, you are right we should not do KYC for Airdrops because they will share very tiny amount of money, better always look for the potential bounty which has the ability by promoting their bounty. So it is good to do KYC for bounty because at least we will some coins for that we need to verify our identity.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: