Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:10:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Regulations and the Future of DEXs  (Read 390 times)
the1arty

Activity: 756
Merit: 259

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2018, 11:56:05 PM

Either DEX introduces KYC, as if I am correct IDEX is about to do or they will follow the path of Etherdelta (if the owner of the DEX is known).
The 3d possibility is that it is a DEX, where the owner is not known, but here even bigger chance that he will run with all the funds sooner or later.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tuansemazi

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 04:18:02 AM

The DEX feature I love is not KYC, all transactions are hierarchical. Demand on DEX is the real demand it is not due to the transaction by bots as the centralized exchange. If DEX is tightened management, it's a pitty.
MorganFreeman41

Activity: 378
Merit: 26

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 04:35:56 AM

Hard to believe in real decentralization as for example IDEX (decentralized) introduced KYC for its users, is it possible?
pageraji

Activity: 966
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 08:15:39 AM

So many negative think from financial expert about decentralization, its look like some extremis, drug trading and money laundering, i think SEC regulation because that reasons
Bowtiesarecool (OP)

Activity: 1050
Merit: 295

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 11:20:42 AM

Hard to believe in real decentralization as for example IDEX (decentralized) introduced KYC for its users, is it possible?
Decentralization has become more or less a buzzword for just about anybody to peddle their dream. True decentralization is few and too far apart. If it's not mining centralization, then it's exchanges, investor pools, even masternodes... we've got ways to go yet
Bowtiesarecool (OP)

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 11:26:47 AM

I'm finding a sense of clarity in the PR recently released by the SEC. Also, seeing that the narrative is wholly different from what the presses have been publishing. Make syou wonder why? The article writers didn't read or purposely spreading misinformation?
Here's the PR: https://www.sec.gov/news/public-statement/digital-asset-securites-issuuance-and-trading
luongdk

Activity: 686
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 02:43:34 PM

Interesting times are coming. What if DEX won't disclose their identities like etherdelta did? How SEC will catch such violators? I believe DEX owner should be unknown
jacafbiz

Activity: 2072
Merit: 529

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 05:10:12 PM

For me I think SEC is just trying to exploit the small projects in the space, until there is a clear legislation this is still going to be a subjective issue. If they go after big projects and become a legal issue and court make pronouncement about it then we can say this is this. I think ICO will become very strict with their KYC now and move out of US to a more ICO friendly countries

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Bowtiesarecool (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 11:29:03 AM

In related news, those who've been hanging their hats on some sort of ETF-approval to grind the gears of the next run can go sit in the corner and wait for the industry to get its act together:

SEC Chair Clayton: Crypto ETF Needs Exchanges 'Free From Manipulation' - CoinDesk
https://www.coindesk.com/clayton-sec-ico-funding-security-offering
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 12:05:58 PM

Real decentralization  is not dream for finance social circles like crypto community. Requiring to pass KYC is not the way to build customer satisfaction especially in this kind of business models. Decentralization will replace whole exchanges in 10 years imho.
^BuTcH^

Activity: 671
Merit: 103

Moni

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2018, 12:39:38 PM

I wonder why did etherdelta payed SEC? Why did they show their faces?
it is DEX, they don't need to register in SEC, there is no a requirement and any regulation.
Why does SEC try to take under control everything?

Bowtiesarecool (OP)

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 12:00:22 PM

I wonder why did etherdelta payed SEC? Why did they show their faces?
it is DEX, they don't need to register in SEC, there is no a requirement and any regulation.
Why does SEC try to take under control everything?

Someone seems to be trying to figure out the pattern just as much too: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5078280.msg48355776#msg48355776

The salient question at the moment is "Is the SEC overreaching?"
Bowtiesarecool (OP)

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 12:42:01 PM

Here's something to chew on. Crypto assets may no longer be classified as securities according to a new bill proposed by U.S. Rep. Warren Davidson : https://cointelegraph.com/news/report-us-congressman-announces-plans-for-federal-cryptocurrency-and-ico-regulation

And Ohio, which the senator represents, recently passed a bill for people to pay their tax in Bitcoins.

Big picture incoming...
niteroy

Activity: 476
Merit: 17

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 07:41:17 AM

The DEX feature I love is not KYC, all transactions are hierarchical. Demand on DEX is the real demand it is not due to the transaction by bots as the centralized exchange. If DEX is tightened management, it's a pitty.
I like DEX, but it seems that they want to be centralized and regulated like the famous centralized exchanges. For example, IDEX has a lot of bots and they create trading volumes for certain coins and the demand can be regulated by the owners of the coins. But anyway, DEX is the future, perhaps the owners of DEX will register them in countries with loyal legislation.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: