Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 12:30:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: SOS-Childrensvillages (NGO) accepts bitcoin (and altcoin) donations  (Read 139 times)
FlorianSOS (OP)

Activity: 31
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2018, 09:33:49 AM

Hi Bitcoin-Forum

Pre-Story:
Since 3,5 years I’m working for sos-childrensvillages (a worldwide operating non-profit organization, founded in Austria). We give children in need a loving home, support young refugees and also do a lot family-strengthening programs. 2 years ago I began to read about crypto currencies and I started to invest. Pineapple fund has motivated me to make crypto-donations valid for our donors. It was not that easy to convince my org to accept crypto donations because there are so many bad news. In our country (Austria, technical pioneers, very digital) not many news-portals write positive stories. In the end I was able to finish the project and brought a small landing page online: http://donate-crypto.eu

Why is SOS-childrensvillages accepting crypto donations? Isn't that very speculative?
We just want to offer the options for quick private donations (normally you can't donate to use without giving us a lot of personal information). And we are not allowed to hold any donated coins.
All donations with crypto currencies are exchanged back into euro weekly after receiving them (as soon as the donation sum reaches € 50). Therefore we make sure to not speculate on future price rises of Bitcoin, Ethereum and Ripple.

What happens at the moment?
We have Bitpanda as a cooperation partner. They exchange the donated cryptos back to € almost feeless, which is very nice for donors. We lately received the first bigger bitcoin donations without any marketing budget. Right now the advertising situation became better than a little while ago. So we think about a small campaign. Would you be interested in a Christmas campaign? 1 BTC for girls in Uganda. Right now girls in Uganda often don't receive enough school education. They are forced into early marriages without ever having the option of studying or learning a proper profession. We could use the money to support this exact cause. Would this be a campaign that you would like to support?

You could support children in need with:
•   Spreading information about this project
•   Giving feedback to us about this project
•   Make a donation (every dollar makes a difference)

Greets from Austria
Florian

http://donate-crypto.eu
www.sos-kinderdorf.at
florian.seeberger@sos-kinderdorf.at
cryptocrusher

Activity: 420
Merit: 136

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 09:44:41 AM

I've been looking for a while for somewhere that accepts cryptocurrencies because of my will to donate without compromising my own personal information so thank you for sharing this, when the season of good will comes around I'll be sure to consider this. Do you have any further links for more information on the charity and their work?

b e t f o r m ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ SMART CONTRACT POWERED SOCIAL BETTING PLATFORM
                                                     A p p Download ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Google Play   App Store     [ WEB VERSION ]                                 ❱❱JOIN b e t f o r m❰❰
                       F o l l o w us ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ WHITEPAPER TELEGRAM FACEBOOK TWITTER
FlorianSOS (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2018, 09:56:00 AM

I've been looking for a while for somewhere that accepts cryptocurrencies because of my will to donate without compromising my own personal information so thank you for sharing this, when the season of good will comes around I'll be sure to consider this. Do you have any further links for more information on the charity and their work?

Hi cryptocrusher!

Thanks for your quick answer. Yes the donations in an anonymus form are not common right now in our country. We want to thank you. We want to send you some letters to inform you about other projects. So in this special case you will never receive anything from us Smiley

I used auto-translate for our projects:
https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=de&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=de&ie=UTF-8&u=www.sos-kinderdorf.at%2Fhelfen-sie-mit%2Fspenden%2Faktuelle-hilfsprojekte&edit-text=&act=url

SOS-Childrensvillage are actually doing projects in most countries:
https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=de&sl=de&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.sos-kinderdorf.at%2Fso-hilft-sos%2Fwo-wir-helfen&sandbox=1

Would you be interested in a special project? I had the idea to make a christmas campaign for Uganda. Young girls especially need way more possibilities of education. Right now a lot of the young girls are forced into early marriages. They never have the possibility to learn a profession or visit some university, or even finish school. I could create this project where we specifically raise crypto funds for this cause.
Of course we have a lot of other projects world wide that are as important.

Are you a valid org? How can we be sure that you don't scam us?

I already submitted some legal documents to the moderator of this forum, but couldn't get a reply until now. I already did that a couple of months ago. I hope I can get some kind of verification from the mods here.
Plus we're in Austria and we are getting controlled by the "Austrian Spendengütesiegel". They make sure we don't do anything bad with the funded money. They control pretty much everything we do Smiley

Please feel free to ask more. I'm trying to be very transparent (as crypto-projects should be).

Greets,
Florian
bitfocus

Activity: 532
Merit: 15

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 12:57:52 PM

a super great and noble act for the future leaders of the world! we really need to participate and encourage other people to donate crypto for the prro kids.
Marcel555

Activity: 252
Merit: 4

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 01:09:19 PM

Bitcoin as a donation has been accepted by various organizations for years now.
It has actual value, it is fast, convenient and borderless. And it provides anonymity to the donator.

This sort of news is always welcome as it puts bitcoin in a bit of good light. Not like it is a point on the score board, but people associate fraud and illegal activities to bitcoin.
This humanitarian service can also be associated with it.
FlorianSOS (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2018, 06:49:01 AM

a super great and noble act for the future leaders of the world! we really need to participate and encourage other people to donate crypto for the prro kids.

Thank you Smiley

Bitcoin as a donation has been accepted by various organizations for years now.
It has actual value, it is fast, convenient and borderless. And it provides anonymity to the donator.

This sort of news is always welcome as it puts bitcoin in a bit of good light. Not like it is a point on the score board, but people associate fraud and illegal activities to bitcoin.
This humanitarian service can also be associated with it.

Hey Marcel!

Thx for your comment... Cryptos and bad light is such a problem in our country. As i wrote we're a very technological country. But even good daily press is just writing their 100th article about scams and how bitcoin is losing value. Nobody writes about finished projects or achievments.
Actually blockchain tec and donations are very interesting for the future when it comes to transparency. Imagine you make a donation... you want the money to go to uganda to support children with education. Imagine you could really see directly how your money is transfered on directly into the right institutions in the country. You could directly verify the process.

Right now its not so easy. A lot of transactions into foreign currencies is involved that really costs us a money. With blockchain tec and a well accepted coin you would not have that problem!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: