Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:26:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why to have Sotoshi exposed is actually a good thing for the bitcoin community  (Read 743 times)
brucesewell (OP)

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 10:28:45 AM

There are two things about Sotoshi that are intriguing.

1. He is the creator behind bitcoin protocol. For this, we thank him for opening a new chapter in human's history.

2. He owns 1 million bitcoins without paying a penny. For this, I find troublesome. He literally owns morn than 400 million USD without any hard work. He is so so rich but does nothing positive with the wealth. He does not pay tax, donate or aid people who need money. Unlike bill gates or other rich guys, he does not set up fund to provide aid or anything. Yes, in US, rich people do owe bigger responsibility to the society.

You might argue that his brilliant idea of creating bitcoin protocol is sufficient to justify the fortune. Really? He is more brilliant than Einstein? Or Nobel?

Most Importantly, if you own any bitcoin, are you worried if an anonymous person owns so much coins that can literally sank the market if he agrees to dump at once and that your hard owned cash will be gone. Don't try to convince me that my money is not money.

For this, I think having Sotoshi exposed is actually a good thing. We now know who is behind the chunk of cash and any move to impact the market by Sotoshi will be watched.

In a word, the last piece of puzzle is removed and we now have STABILITY in the market. This, will eventually prove to be healthy for the market.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Coinshot

Activity: 521
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 10:37:05 AM

He is not taking those bitcoins. He had to have that bitcoins because he had to keep the network running.

This one is not the real Satoshi.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

brucesewell (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 10:55:48 AM

Either way, it does not change the fact that Sotoshi owns so many coins. This, by itself, if not fully watched for, makes investors nervous when the owner is anonymous.
goose20
Legendary

Activity: 1173
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 11:07:12 AM

Sorry Bruce, how come point 1 is so much shorter than point 2? And point 2 is all about money/dollars/cash.

It seems to me you are less worried about bitcoin and more worried about making cash from bitcoin.

That may not be the case, but that is how it is coming across. Bitcoin is far more than a get rich quick scheme.
LMGTFY

Activity: 644
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 11:10:52 AM

Either way, it does not change the fact that Sotoshi owns so many coins. This, by itself, if not fully watched for, makes investors nervous when the owner is anonymous.

But we've "always" known about Satoshi's BTC, and we've always had the blockchain. It's not clear to me what you believe has changed?

This space intentionally left blank.
brucesewell (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 11:13:17 AM

Yes, indeed I care more of the fortune and a stable market so that everyone can make some money. Is this not the reason why bitcoin can gain the majority's attention? It only grabs general public's attention when the exchange rate sky rocks, not before, even if the bitcoin protocol remains the same.
brucesewell (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 11:14:29 AM

But we've "always" known about Satoshi's BTC, and we've always had the blockchain. It's not clear to me what you believe has changed?

Now the physical identity is revealed. People can confront him directly face to face if he dares to sank the market.
clouds0

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 11:22:35 AM

show me all the coins Satoshi has on the blockchain, let me see millions he mined
LMGTFY

Activity: 644

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 11:23:41 AM

Now the physical identity is revealed. People can confront him directly face to face if he dares to sank the market.

Wow. I hope I'm allowed to sell my BTC without people confronting me directly.

Seriously, it does terrify me that "people" might go to Dorian's house (I'm presuming you're talking about Dorian, as Dorian's been "revealed", and not the Satoshi who posted on Satoshi's P2P Foundation profile saying that they weren't Dorian?) for several reasons:
  • Bitcoin, as I see it, was designed to give us more control over our property - taking control away from banks, governments, and angry mobs with pitchforks whining because someone - in their opinion - "sank the market"
  • Dorian might not be Satoshi
  • Satoshi might no longer be in control of "his" private keys (he might have destroyed them, passed control of them to someone else, etc)

This space intentionally left blank.
NodeSeperator

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 11:28:29 AM

If that ammount of bitcoin is never touched, it has the same effect as a lost wallet,

BTC: 12aXywzKHYxjJz2otZqfuYZVR4HfzZ3Hiz | LTC: LUKKyXML63AqyZPYjHxYAYFRSuqnB8D46o | NOBLE: 9eBcr5KDVhPLHtEitKxSxTmtLRGFsGoVEN | Digibyte: DBAp4ekcg43Hu6Pyn1AxDvxLETxhtf8u6s
S4VV4S

Activity: 1582

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 12:31:59 PM

Well, I can't say what's intriguing about Sotoshi, but Satoshi is a genius!

ning

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 12:36:02 PM

... Really? He is more brilliant than Einstein? Or Nobel?

If we ask whether he has a higher IQ than Einstein or Nobel, the answer is we don't know; if we ask whether his contribution is more significant, the answer is we don't know yet.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: