Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:19:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to choose a good project for investment?  (Read 696 times)
Aponkye1

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2018, 01:52:50 AM

Investment strategies are very necessary when it comes to crypto investments and in the case when you are looking to invest in any ICO or STO. Well first of all you have to confirm the identities of the team with regards to the project whether it is not some ponzy scam that they are trying to launch to steal innocent  people's money. After this then you can go right ahead and consider the project's vision and mission and consider whether they actually have an identified situation which they plan to solve. I am sure if you are able to do your deligence with respect to these two that should get you in the start in the right direction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SANYOK95
Copper Member

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 23, 2018, 06:28:13 PM

Even if there is no desire to invest in new projects, you can always invest in Bitcoin, just do it wisely and at the right time, the price of Bitconi will increase in February and you can earn a little money
Get_Boogie_2night

Activity: 27

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 09:51:02 AM

If you take it seriously you need to do some research: website, whitepaper, license, social media and forums, reputation and feedbacks, even customer support matters. Certainly if a project is worthy and already popular it requires bigger invensments.
On the other hand if you feel lucky you may pick any new project that looks interesting to you. By investing and believing in some unique project you may get a lot more than you expected!  Roll Eyes  It is risky but fun  Smiley
DdmrDdmr
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 10758

There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2018, 10:33:25 AM

<…>
It’s not that simple though really. I mean 80% of ICOs seem to have been scams, and only 8% made it to the exchanges (see 80% of ICOs are Scams, Only 8% Reach an Exchange).

The referenced link is a bit oldish now, but out of all the people that backed that 80%, I’m pretty sure that, dreamers and gullible aside, plenty of people followed the due diligence mantra. That may lower the odds of getting scammed a couple of percentage points, but there is no clear set of infallible steps to take that guarantee having hit head on with the right project. It seemed more like a funfair raffle than anything, where people should not have invested (here comes the other mantra) more than they can afford to lose.
SANYOK95
Copper Member

Activity: 35

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 11:11:29 AM

<…>
It’s not that simple though really. I mean 80% of ICOs seem to have been scams, and only 8% made it to the exchanges (see 80% of ICOs are Scams, Only 8% Reach an Exchange).

The referenced link is a bit oldish now, but out of all the people that backed that 80%, I’m pretty sure that, dreamers and gullible aside, plenty of people followed the due diligence mantra. That may lower the odds of getting scammed a couple of percentage points, but there is no clear set of infallible steps to take that guarantee having hit head on with the right project. It seemed more like a funfair raffle than anything, where people should not have invested (here comes the other mantra) more than they can afford to lose.

I would call it a lottery.
Hivalley

Activity: 210
Merit: 19

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 03:33:02 PM

I would call it a lottery.
I wouldn't call it one especially when one has a huge amount of money on the line,it could really have negative effects on such individuals and leaving them hating this network
The more reason why a lot would advice you to simply invest in the bitcoin,not to say alts aren't profitable once or twice but because it's difficult to determine which one actually will
mewtea

Activity: 23

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 01:06:16 AM

Right now there are barely any good project that is worth it. Invest carefully.
SARA ISLAM

Activity: 558
Merit: 11

umachit.fund

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2018, 09:46:37 AM
Last edit: December 25, 2018, 05:56:17 PM by SARA ISLAM

Nowadays maximum ICO projects is a scam. In my opinion, If you want to invest in a crypto project, Deposit your Bitcoin/Ethereum in the best exchanger like Binance, OKEx,
Bitfinex etc.
scroll https://coinmarketcap.com and chose your favorite coin after choosing,
view a day or weekly chart if you see the market going uptrend from the bottom like this picture buy and hold it. I think its better then ICO investment.
http://prntscr.com/lzf5xd
Myke500

Activity: 50
Merit: 3

x42.Tech | Open | Feeless | Infinite

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2018, 04:47:44 AM
Merited by tyz (1), Pmalek (1)

Nowadays maximum ICO projects is a scam. In my opinion, If you want to invest in a crypto project, Deposit your Bitcoin/Ethereum in the best exchanger like Binance, OKEx,
Bitfinex etc.
scroll https://coinmarketcap.com and chose your favorite coin after choosing,
view a day or weekly chart if you see the market going uptrend from the bottom like this picture buy and hold it. I think its better then ICO investment.
http://prntscr.com/lzf5xd

Very valid point.  Most ICO projects I have seen all come through the gate with high expectations and price only to jump of the cliff and drop like a rock.  Keeping that in mind, it is a choice of fundraising by the developers behind it. 

I agree with you Sarah, watch the project, see what it is doing, do your research and take your time.  Look at your personal goals.  Are you only looking for a short term (3-5day) investment? or something longer term?  If your going for long term, what is another weeks wait? Take the time to fully look at the project, it's goals, roadmap, whitepaper, team, community. 

I know many will say this, it's repeated often but yet so many actually take the advice or fully look at what they are about to do with their money.  Be safe, invest responsibly.

░▒▓█    x42   WELCOME TO FEELESS FUTURE!   █▓▒░
x42.tech | Visit the community on Twitter! Telegram! Facebook! Reddit! Discord!
x42 Protocol
target
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 1041

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 04:57:30 AM

They're not all scam. You just have to choose which one that you have thoroughly investigated. Although there are some that later on announce they are canceling the project but I don't think they'd be doing it without refunding. There are good projects out there, you just have to check whether the concept can be applied to the blockchain real well.

vagrom

Activity: 479
Merit: 14

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 06:51:15 AM

Now ICO reputation has stinked, I personally have no ability to distinguish, I choose to rely entirely on feelings.

DarkPayCoin - [100% community governed and built]
[-] Website  [-] ANN Thread  [-] Discord  [-] Twitter  [-] Telegram
\ HIGH ROI, Low supply / - \ A privacy focused MN/PoS coin /
meetreopen

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 03:54:21 AM

It's simple. No investing in ICO's and only investing in projects that already have a working product.
Cardilb

Activity: 30

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 10:28:21 AM

I would prefer to choose good project by their transparency in coin, response of the team to the investors ,activities of project and mainly in how many exchanges it has.
Distinctin

Activity: 2800
Merit: 646

No dream is too big and no dreamer is too small

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 10:18:15 AM

They're not all scam. You just have to choose which one that you have thoroughly investigated. Although there are some that later on announce they are canceling the project but I don't think they'd be doing it without refunding. There are good projects out there, you just have to check whether the concept can be applied to the blockchain real well.
I agree with this, the ICO is now having a bad image is because of the people who enter this type of investing without making a proper research.
They are the one who cause their own loses, if they failed, they complain and they are taken advantage by the scammers.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Adriano2010

Activity: 1414
Merit: 516

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2018, 09:01:30 PM

Yes, not all projects are scams, but these days is hard to choose a project that will bring a fast profit in short term in my opinion, and i think because the price of bitcoin not grow will be very hard to make a profit until the bull run will start.
cizatext

Activity: 952
Merit: 41

View Profile
December 29, 2018, 08:02:11 AM

If one is not careful you will always fall in for scam ICO due to the fact that in the past we always look at the project white paper to give us the clue to what the project entails but in recent time most ICO have fine out about this and have chosen to always lie in the white paper by promising what is not real and by that misleading investors to believe that they project is real and have a working product but all this are lies. We all need to be Careful before going into any investment in any project.
cabalism13
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1165

🤩Finally Married🤩

View Profile
December 30, 2018, 01:36:10 AM

Instead of looking for a project that will still just gonna run I think its better to make an investments to those coins that is already on the market. We may soon have a good value that benefits our wallets.

Finding projects like what you like isn't really a good thing to do, it will only lead you to scammers. Making their projects looks big but after ICO they will perished with their Millions of Dollars that they have collected. There are much more scams right now than the legit ones.
Areding

Activity: 46
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 07:47:05 AM

There are no projects that can guarantee your profit, but there are projects that at least work honestly, which means everything depends on you, but there are not many such projects.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: