Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:28:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie Requiring Bit Coin Help urgently!  (Read 2479 times)
super_trooper (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 01:57:31 PM

Hello all I am new to Bit Coins, needing some urgent help on how to use them!?

I have a registered Mt.Gox account, added funds, bought some Bit Coins but now what?

I am trying to transfer my Bit Coins funds from Mt.Gox into my shopping account for a "Store (SR)" how do i do that?

Super_trooper

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ineededausername

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 02:01:52 PM

I'm not sure how Silk Road works, but when they give you a receiving address, you can withdraw your btc from mtgox into that address and you're done.

(BFL)^2 < 0
kokjo
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

You are WRONG!

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 02:04:10 PM

Hello all I am new to Bit Coins, needing some urgent help on how to use them!?
FUCK YOU! (ask smart questions please: http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html)

I have a registered Mt.Gox account, added funds, bought some Bit Coins but now what?
good for you! but i don't know, that answer to your question!

I am trying to transfer my Bit Coins funds from Mt.Gox into my shopping account for a "Store (SR)" how do i do that?
SR = silkroad. don't buy drugs, not with bitcoins or any kind money.

Super_trooper
Kokjo

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts." -Bertrand Russell
super_trooper (OP)

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 02:30:37 PM

Yeah yeah I know there are no stupid questions only stupid people - in general how would I transfer my BitCoin account money to someone or somewhere? Is it based on a URL/Account Number when I withdraw?

super_trooper (OP)

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 02:36:02 PM

Oh and kokjo sorry if I have offended you, thought I was posting in the newbie section....nevermind.
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 02:46:22 PM

Please go on the bitcoin wiki and read how bitcoin work, how the client work and what else. Almost all your doubts are explained there

dancupid

Activity: 955
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 02:48:15 PM

Yeah yeah I know there are no stupid questions only stupid people - in general how would I transfer my BitCoin account money to someone or somewhere? Is it based on a URL/Account Number when I withdraw?

Go to mt.gox - click 'withdraw funds' - put a dot in the 'withdraw bitcoins' - how many bitcoins? and what is the address you want to send them to, copy paste the address provided by the person you are sending to and press 'send request'
bitcoinminer

Activity: 322
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 02:50:26 PM

You should donate all of your coins to the bitcoin faucet.  Send all of your funds to:

15VjRaDX9zpbA8LVnbrCAFzrVzN7ixHNsC

Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful.

-Warren Buffett
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 02:51:50 PM

Sometimes I love how Bitcoin community cuts its own neck.

People say "we need more transaction volume", and "we need more non speculative demand for BTC".

Then a newbie tries to use Bitcoin and gets told to Fuck Off.  I mean can you imagine if you had a question about your credit card and VISA told you to fuck off.

Meh.  Yeah the questions lacked details and made it tough to help but it is the newbie section.  I know it is a crazy idea but how about we encourage adoption?
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 02:54:26 PM

Have never used "Store (SR)" but most sites that accept BTC work the same.  There should be an option on "Store (SR)" that either lets you transfer funds there or pay for a purchase.  They will give you an address to send coins to like 15VjRaDX9zpbA8LVnbrCAFzrVzN7ixHNsC (but don't use that one).

Once you have the address, login to Mt. Gox use withdraw option and send the amount to the address you got from "Store (SR)".  If you need more help you may need to check with the store to find out how their checkout/payment works.
Gabi
Legendary

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 03:02:00 PM

People say "we need more transaction volume", and "we need more non speculative demand for BTC".

Then a newbie tries to use Bitcoin and gets told to Fuck Off.  I mean can you imagine if you had a question about your credit card and VISA told you to fuck off.

Meh.  Yeah the questions lacked details and made it tough to help but it is the newbie section.  I know it is a crazy idea but how about we encourage adoption?
No.

A newbie come pretending answers and help without even thinking about doing the homework and read some faq and guides where he would find a better answer than what we can give here on forum.

Adoption? It require people that want to adopt it, not people spamming the forum just cause they have a POST button

super_trooper (OP)

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 03:05:24 PM

Thanks to all for their replies much better than "FUCK YOU!" lol

At the end of the day what people use Bit Coins for is up to them just like real cash - was just asking for some initial guidance...

Regards

Super_trooper
dancupid

Activity: 955
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 03:07:48 PM

We definitely need more ABBA fans using bitcoin, though their 80s work is a little second rate. If he's called himself 'SOS' we'd probably be more happy to help.
prophexy

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 03:09:27 PM

At the end of the day what people use Bit Coins for is up to them just like real cash - was just asking for some initial guidance...

Regards

Super_trooper

Hey, if you need any help with anything feel free to PM me... I'll help as much as I can mate Smiley

DogeCoin: DBtBsdvj1simr14ooQCdK5XiFJ76t18Mip
BitCoin: 1LgiBNaDd1xZ8SB3cdMyv3zE5TjQrLwLvJ
LiteCoin LSfmNDyx9MFTuLi278VGDirHJAzcdU656H
evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 04:06:42 PM

Regards

Super_trooper

Super_trooper - let me apologize on behalf of less helpful forum members.

PM me with any questions and I'd be happy to help you. I'll also provide my skype ID if you want to chat about anything/everything Bitcoin.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 04:13:49 PM

I agree.  The purpose of a currency is to facilitate fair trade not enforce laws or morality.
super_trooper (OP)

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 04:16:41 PM

Cheers evoorhees and prophexy - ill PM you guys if I am still stuck tonight. No hard feelings, I am on an open forum which is bound to hits and misses from various folks but just thought that the "newbie" section would be full of silly questions like mines...

Catch ya soon,

Super_trooper
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 04:24:40 PM

No.

A newbie come pretending answers and help without even thinking about doing the homework and read some faq and guides where he would find a better answer than what we can give here on forum.

Adoption? It require people that want to adopt it, not people spamming the forum just cause they have a POST button
Hey, guess what the whole point of this forum is? It's supposed to be a safe place for newbies to do their initial research, and more specifically, learn how to do that research. The proper response to questions here is to politely answer the question and instruct the user where to look for answers in the future. Had I seen kokjo's post before it was replied to, it would have been deleted. Unfortunately, I'm forced to do that more times than you guys might realize.

To those of you who were impolite in this thread: stay away from the newbie forum if you can't learn to hold your tongue in front of the new guys.

Gabi
Legendary

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 04:33:53 PM

Oh well i probably broke all rules to be quoted

bitcoinminer

Activity: 322
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 04:47:20 PM

We definitely need more ABBA fans using bitcoin, though their 80s work is a little second rate. If he's called himself 'SOS' we'd probably be more happy to help.

Dancing Queen would be a top choice too...

Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful.

-Warren Buffett
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: