Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 05:55:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin - the future "stable coin"  (Read 2135 times)
Tipsters

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 06:19:06 AM

In the past two months, bitcoin's fluctuation very small except for 10/15 accident of USDT, which caused a sudden & incredible price increase of bitcoin/eth, at the same time, many investors dumped their USDT & bought bitcoin instead - hence in fact, bitcoin took the responsibility of acting as a stablecoin, which is very interesting.

Why did they change to pursue bitcoin in such a panic situation? Which kind of true value bitcoin can bring to them? Will bitcoin turn into a real stablecoin in the future? Is it possible for bitcoin to be a popular tool in the payment industry? .....

Adding this to the mind buggling dilema of investors and enthuasiasts is the OTC massive buying of btc over the past 6 months. They are really careful not getting the price of btc to suddenly collapse. I think something big is about to happen in the next couple of months.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
disappear4ever (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 10:42:18 AM

The investors feel that Bitcoin is a more stable coin thats why quickly sold their coin to invest but the price is discouraging as it stands now but the market will come up again in due time.

I guess it is an intrinsic & reasonable action which has to be made in a very short time. Regarding Tether, I am looking down to it as their only have one advantage which is they are the first mover, but more disadvantage.

There is no doubt that the market will come up again, but in a long-term view, Tether & those new stable coins pegged with fiat currency are pseudo-proposition, and the only opportunity is for bitcoin in the future.
Hans17

Activity: 390
Merit: 157

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 11:31:11 AM

In the past two months, bitcoin's fluctuation very small except for 10/15 accident of USDT, which caused a sudden & incredible price increase of bitcoin/eth, at the same time, many investors dumped their USDT & bought bitcoin instead - hence in fact, bitcoin took the responsibility of acting as a stablecoin, which is very interesting.

Why did they change to pursue bitcoin in such a panic situation? Which kind of true value bitcoin can bring to them? Will bitcoin turn into a real stablecoin in the future? Is it possible for bitcoin to be a popular tool in the payment industry? .....

Well i think for my own perspective is that bitcoin is showing or should i say facing a critical situations or a issue though and that is what i believe for now , in addition i think bitcoin staying low key planning to shock the world once again by its incredible price.

And also bitcoin would never been stable , because it's very volatile. By the status of market too.

[

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
asayoyaasa
Copper Member

Activity: 648
Merit: 159

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2018, 03:03:49 PM

I think its hard for bitcoin to be a stable coin. You know that last year it growth so crazy then its be dumped untill now, for 3 month bitcoin price just sideway in area $6200-$6600 ii can't be base to be stable coin in the future then no one can control its movement.

This is my main account. My alt account for bounty report in the future >> asa crypto info
badungs

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 03:11:46 PM

In my opinion. not necessarily bitcoin can become a stable coin in the future. it is very difficult to make the value of bitcoin or other crypto currencies stable. This is because the crypto currency is a trading commodity, not the currency that we use as a transaction tool. so that bitcoin or altcoin is very dependent on the value of offers that occur in the trading market. so that this currency will never be stable. this currency will be stable if it is not used as a trading commodity.
crossabdd
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1145

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 04:06:54 PM

Bitcoin will not be a stable coin. because the basic Bitcoin system is decentralized. that is there are no rules of use and ownership. so that bitcoin can differ in value at any time. so there is no certainty that bitcoin will become stable. but what is certain is that bitcoin will become a fiat currency collaboration in the future.
tenakha

Activity: 1470
Merit: 509

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 08:55:20 PM

I don't think that Bitcoin has a responsibility to be stable. The stability of Bitcoin is contrary to its nature, only edge interventions can make it stable and it will not continue a long time.
We didn't see a big price change, it was just a minor change. Happenings only caused a small price change and afterwards everything returned back.
hadveach

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 11:14:21 PM

yes, this year bitcoin has a long stability, but bitcoin will always create market volatile, now and in the future.

when many people convert USDT to bitcoin, then they are ready to accept market risk volatile when bullish.

many people are chasing bitcoin, because they know that bitcoin will reach more than $ 50000, and bitcoin will not be coin stable. yes, bitcoin will be more popular when used in a big business.
Nasonn

Activity: 616
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 11:39:24 PM

Bitcoin may one day become a lot more stable but I doubt it will ever get to the point where it will be referred to as a stable coin since it's price isn't pegged against anything.
kucritt

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 12:23:02 AM

dont wait until the future, we can see rigth now, that bitcoin is the most stable cryptocurrency. lets see another cryptocurrency, the chart is going down and ip for a while, and i think its not good

Meycell

Activity: 602

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 02:31:42 AM

~ 10/15 accident of USDT, which caused a sudden & incredible price increase of bitcoin/eth,
there was no bitcoin price increase! you were mistakenly looking at Tether/Btc and thought that is bitcoin price. instead you should have checked USD/bitcoin to see the price did not change.

Yes, you are right. I forgot to mention that I am talking about BTC/USDT pair, when USDT dropped dramatically in comparing with USD, bitcoin's reaction is quick & its value stands firm. That is what I mean - when the stable coin getting unstable, bitcoin getting more stable, why this happening?

at the same time, many investors dumped their USDT & bought bitcoin instead - hence in fact, bitcoin took the responsibility of acting as a stablecoin, which is very interesting.
that is not what happened and that is not what a stablecoin means!
a stable coin is a term that is used for coins that are pegged to another currency so that they are always having the same value as that other currency. for instance Tether (USDT) is supposed to be pegged with USD and 1 USDT should be equal to 1 USD.
there are other stable coins that are pegged to gold, other fiat,...

That is what happened that many people changed their USDT to Bitcoin & stable coin does not mean it must pegged with another currency.

Stable coin is a definition for one coin which can prevent people's asset from loss when something big or negative effect happens. I do not believe those coins like USDT will inherently be a stable coin, they were manipulated by a company, also it is not possible for any one company to support the world class stable coin volume.

From this perspective, I rather believe bitcoin will be a universally accepted stable coin in the world when it is getting acquainted by everyone on the earth.

Bitcoin development that continues to experience increased making the Bitcoin is able to have the progress which brings advantages that result in a lot more. so I'm sure the Bitcoin is able to have a future that becomes stable and valuable coins.
disappear4ever (OP)

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 02:53:46 AM

It is a coincidence, but why most of people who cash out their USDT to bitcoin, I do not think the coincidence can explain it.
when you sell an altcoin and get bitcoin in return, that doesn't change bitcoin price. otherwise bitcoin price should have shot up to the moon every day since there is a couple of altcoins being dumped (after their daily pumps). USDT is not an exception.

It did not change bitcoin price, but it showed us the investor's choice when they meet emergency, that is the nature of bitcoin - trustworthy.
USDT should not be an exception because it is a STABLE coin, maybe 2-3% up and down is acceptable, but not like that big.

I did not mean bitcoin is a stable coin for now, but it started to show to us there is a potential to be a stable coin
again you are using the wrong term. bitcoin is now stable. it is not a stable coin. and this stability is a short term trend not something that will last forever. eventually when mass adoption is reached years from now, we can see a better stability.

It is not a stable coin and I never said it is stable coin for NOW, but who can guarantee it will not be one after 10 years? it will keep going up & get stable at some price level.

Their fluctuation in the past leads to the birth of USDT。
you are wrong. USDT was not created because of fluctuations. instead it and all the similar ones were created  because people who are trading cryptocurrencies prefer not to have anything to do with fiat. so having something that "acts similar to fiat" is useful.

I do not think so, USDT created because investors need it in their trading in exchange. For example, when they go to sleep, they wanna keep their profit in hand & will change them to USDT. Maybe some investors act as you mentioned above, but I am pretty sure it is not the majority.  

You think Tether has no trouble, ~
i don't know how you got that from my  comments! Tether is in fact one of the shadiest and riskiest altcoins that has been created.

So it is fine now....Smiley
inanilujimi

Activity: 1862
Merit: 259

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 03:09:59 AM

I doubt if bitcoin can become a stable coin in the future.
there are many investors who are interested in bitcoin because of the value volatility.
disappear4ever (OP)

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 07:50:24 AM

I doubt if bitcoin can become a stable coin in the future.
there are many investors who are interested in bitcoin because of the value volatility.

Frankly, I will be very disappointed if bitcoin only used for investment purpose. It's unique & valuable with own vision, so I am expecting bitcoin play a more important in blockchain world, not just in cryptocurrency sector.
disappear4ever (OP)

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 07:54:05 AM

Bitcoin may one day become a lot more stable but I doubt it will ever get to the point where it will be referred to as a stable coin since it's price isn't pegged against anything.

I think that is the value of bitcoin in comparing with other altcoins, it is independent & can create something new - just as itself.
memecoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

★YoBit.Net★ 1400+ Coins Exchange

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 07:59:06 AM

If the volatility remains this way, it will be for the good of bitcoin and cryptocurrency. It will be more attractive to more people, especially institutions. It will assure the future of bitcoin. Yes. It will be the future secure currency.

Currently bitcoin is very low after many times in the market Huh, but bitcoin is still trying to go up thanks to bitcoin investors like us. Bitcoin + blockchain will always take care of every nuisance, and it will be the future currency of the future.

Am I spamming? Report me!
bouren

Activity: 392

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 08:03:22 AM

How can Bitcoin become stable if in future there won't be any supply. Demand is expected to rise more and more in future due to the incoming of new people into cryptos. It is built upon deflationary model which means it won't be stable like fiat. The supply is pretty much limited which is against the theory of stable market price.
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 08:06:58 AM

The investors feel that Bitcoin is a more stable coin thats why quickly sold their coin to invest but the price is discouraging as it stands now but the market will come up again in due time.

I guess it is an intrinsic & reasonable action which has to be made in a very short time. Regarding Tether, I am looking down to it as their only have one advantage which is they are the first mover, but more disadvantage.

There is no doubt that the market will come up again, but in a long-term view, Tether & those new stable coins pegged with fiat currency are pseudo-proposition, and the only opportunity is for bitcoin in the future.[/b][/color]

(stop using blue and bold it is annoying!)
was Tether really the first stable coin created? I don't really remember but I think there were other stable coins very similar to Tether if not sooner but they were around alongside each other. it is just that Tether has the benefit that it is created by the same company as Bitfinex and having a big exchange behind it made it big not it being first.

Only Bitcoin
anshkumandhan
Copper Member

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 08:49:52 AM

I think this is not a wrong definition. But it is difficult that bitcoin become a stable coin and if the instability going on like this then it will be for the good of bitcoin and cryptocurrency.This assure the future of bitcoin.
MFahad

Activity: 2464
Merit: 644

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2018, 09:13:01 AM

I think this is not a wrong definition. But it is difficult that bitcoin become a stable coin and if the instability going on like this then it will be for the good of bitcoin and cryptocurrency.This assure the future of bitcoin.

I really doubt if bitcoin can ever become a stable currency ? There are too much manipulation in it and due to this the whales are taking enormous profit from it. Once Bitcoin is regulated, only then we can see the stable price of bitcoins.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀