Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:24:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin - the future "stable coin"  (Read 2135 times)
jcarlo

Activity: 798
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 12:29:28 AM

I think its hard for bitcoin become stable because the price depend on supply and demand. Beside that, there is no authorities like central banks that can stabilize the price. I am believe what happen to bitcoin price is always reach new high because having limited supply and no one can intervence the price in market
Sithawaka

Activity: 140
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 05:04:22 PM

Bitcoin is becoming more stable and if it is unstable a bit today due to the rapid change of demand that it gets from investors and traders and this situation is fuel by media and some governments in the world by spreading false information which makes investors and holders to panic regarding bitcoin and that is the main reason a situations like you have mentioned are happening all the time but I hope this will change in the future for a smooth continuation of bitcoin

[ M O B U ] The Investment Bank of the Future
The Security Token Protocol and Licensed Security Token Exchange
https://mobu.io/
ETHICKNINE

Activity: 86
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 05:59:57 PM

It might take many years for bitcoin to become stable in the future but not so quickly because it is a decentralized currency there is no centralized party like for other fiat currencies to control and balance its value during essential situations and btc stability mainly rely upon the supply and demand which are two facts that changes very often today due to new,governments,centralized organizations and investors 

waitforme

Activity: 618
Merit: 100

BBOD The Best Derivatives Exchange

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 06:04:08 PM

In the past two months, bitcoin's fluctuation very small except for 10/15 accident of USDT, which caused a sudden & incredible price increase of bitcoin/eth, at the same time, many investors dumped their USDT & bought bitcoin instead - hence in fact, bitcoin took the responsibility of acting as a stablecoin, which is very interesting.

Why did they change to pursue bitcoin in such a panic situation? Which kind of true value bitcoin can bring to them? Will bitcoin turn into a real stablecoin in the future? Is it possible for bitcoin to be a popular tool in the payment industry? .....

PS:

1) I am not talking about NOW, it is for long-term consideration (maybe 10-20 years). In this period, bitcoin still keep going up & getting very valuable;
2) My assumption based on the mass adoption of bitcoin in global payment sector, together with the development of blockchain & bitcoin itself;
3) "Stable coin" does not mean bitcoin's price is fixed or pegged with fiat currency, it is more like an independent currency beyond any national digital currency which will be the main stream in next 10 years because it is evitable that big economy will issue their own digital currency in the coming future.
I do not appreciate Bitcoin regarding stability because in the future its price fluctuation level will be higher than the current. You see that Bitcoin easily manipulated in the market and the future no one guarantees that Bitcoin will be stable so don't put too much hope into it.

Argoo

Activity: 2282
Merit: 225

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 06:42:17 PM

If bitcoin continues to be decentralized by its nature, it will always have high price volatility. It will not behave differently, since its price will always be determined by the ratio between supply and demand, and they will never become stable. All other factors are essential to the stability of the bitcoin price, including a decrease in supply or other circumstances that cannot affect.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
pixie85

Activity: 2142
Merit: 528

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 07:42:31 PM

Now it is difficult to imagine that bitcoin will ever be able to be a stable coin, but it seems to me that the developers have taken into account this moment and the volatility of bitcoin is now temporary and acceptable for its development. And in the end, the price stabilizes, but when it happens is unknown.

Not to me. At the moment less than 5% people own or owned a cryptocurrency. If we were able to reach 5% worldwide adoption for Bitcoin alone it would make it so valuable and so stable that not many fiat currencies would be able to compete. The world still isn't ready for it though and Bitcoin also isn't ready because it can't process as many transactions.
Sawadekub

Activity: 350
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 07:56:10 PM

I think that is quite possible. Yes, now manipulators strongly influence the price of Bitcoin, depending on their interests. But over time, certain laws will be developed that will punish the use of such tricks, which is why it will no longer be possible to manipulate the price so much. Of course, this will contribute to the fact that Bitcoin will be accepted by more and more people and countries.
So I believe in your version, as in a possible variant of the development of Bitcoin.
ETHICKNINE

Activity: 86
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 25, 2019, 05:10:32 PM

Bitcoin will gain Stability with time and even no bitcoin is very volatile it can be considered as the fittest among all digital currencies and there are more than enough evidence to believe that Bitcoin market is recovering but it will take more time than we expect to come to a certain level with a stable value because the drop was much higher than any other time but there are many evidence to believe that it will recover in the future so any investor today can certainly invest with confidence to make remarkable profits in the future but patience is significant until the end

Chibongvdg

Activity: 561
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 26, 2019, 01:40:55 AM

As for the article I read "It might take 11 years for the crypto industry to recover back to where we were in 2017, but we will be a dramatically different ecosystem at that point. We'll have millions, perhaps even billions of users..." But Then Will Be Mature: Cardano Founder
Lpim01

Activity: 700
Merit: 117

View Profile
January 26, 2019, 03:22:32 AM

So far only bitcoin have stable coin because have the same price and never could be at lower or dump, many altcoin have lost and drop more than 100% and have potential to delist at exchange market, how ever bitcoin will be on the higher price next time.
Many coins will soon to be delisted in the market cause no ones/investors trust that certain coin and it looks like it is abandoned by it developers. Bitcoin still have strong resistance and so many will give hope for this thing and that's the reason that Bitcoin will remain flying  and it will survive. Stabilizing it will make help and to gain more investors as well.
Tylev

Activity: 854
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 26, 2019, 04:44:18 AM

No, Bitcoin can never become more or less stable in its price. A large price volatility is inherent in its nature, and as long as its price is formed on the basis of the relationship between supply and demand, its price will be constantly variable. Of course, in some periods the price of Bitcoin can stand still, but this will most likely be a coincidence caused by the action of conflicting factors. Moreover, the higher the price of Bitcoin, the greater will be the amplitude of its price fluctuations. Maybe something will change in this regard, when the cryptocurrency takes a very strong position in our life and most of the inhabitants of our planet will use it.
dongyi17

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

FRX: Ferocious Alpha

View Profile
January 28, 2019, 04:41:22 PM

for me bitcoin is one stable coin in cryptocurrency, because bitcoin have used and many ways specially in transact in payment mode. People also used bitcoin to transfer money, pay their bills and food also. The more people bitcoin used in their lives, the bitcoin have potential to stay stable.

jerrison

Activity: 1442
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2019, 04:45:47 PM

i strongly doubt the potentials of bitcoin becoming a stable coin as it is normally determined by the generality of holders globally. it is the dynamics in the price of bitcoin that makes its a business and investment option for holders who intend to make profit off the buying and selling of the coin. it can not be the other way round else it will not have the business approach

CryptoSmile

Activity: 770
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 29, 2019, 03:18:24 AM

The nature of decentralization and anonymity will never make Bitcoin a stable coin. But it is possible to become a popular tool in the payment industry. Until now we know that the price of bitcoin can never be stable, and whenever it can go up or down quickly. Bitcoin will always be liked by many people and become a long-term investment that is expected to benefit every Bitcoin user.
umbara ardian

Activity: 1344
Merit: 259

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
January 29, 2019, 02:44:59 PM

it seems that in the future bitcoin will never be able to become a stable coin, bitcoin will always have a price move up or down will definitely occur because coin movements like that are the influence of buyers and sellers, if you want a stable bitcoin it means that no one should buy and sell bitcoin, meaning that bitcoin will no longer be used.

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
alina345

Activity: 119
Merit: 6

Hello =)

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2019, 05:24:01 PM

Many people like bitcoin because of the fact that there are no governments or banks involved. People make transaction directly with each other. The sell and purchase things without any taxes or regulations. But one cannot say that bitcoin will run into a stable coin in the future and there are many reasons for that.
Bitcoin is extremely volatile right now and according to many people, it's just a bubble which will burst any moment. No one is sure if the prices will go up in future so such a temporary thing cannot turn into a stable coin.

Bitcoin is not backed up by any company or government and no one has any idea that who is handling it. People are taking risks but not more than that. Governments are not ready to legalize it as well.
playboy654

Activity: 546
Merit: 32

View Profile
January 29, 2019, 07:27:03 PM

Many people like bitcoin because of the fact that there are no governments or banks involved. People make transaction directly with each other. The sell and purchase things without any taxes or regulations. But one cannot say that bitcoin will run into a stable coin in the future and there are many reasons for that.
Bitcoin is extremely volatile right now and according to many people, it's just a bubble which will burst any moment. No one is sure if the prices will go up in future so such a temporary thing cannot turn into a stable coin.

Bitcoin is not backed up by any company or government and no one has any idea that who is handling it. People are taking risks but not more than that. Governments are not ready to legalize it as well.
The comparison between previous and today situation will be happening here so it says anything happen to Bitcoin at anytime we are the people that manage everything in the correct way so if we are doing it right then the future will be definitely going to stable for Bitcoin.

jabrix

Activity: 397
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 12:39:00 PM

I think its hard for bitcoin become stable because the price depend on supply and demand. Beside that, there is no authorities like central banks that can stabilize the price. I am believe what happen to bitcoin price is always reach new high because having limited supply and no one can intervence the price in market
If the price of bitcoin is stable, there is no more attraction for investors. Because investors pursue profits as high as possible due to instability in the price of bitcoin.
That is, the instability of the price of bitcoin has actually become a trade attraction in the bitcoin market because all want big profits. They will realize the risk that will occur, because a business that provides big profits must have a big risk.

●   TOKPIE   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  GET ETHEREUM FOR YOUR BOUNTY STAKES  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  instantly & regularly  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Jocuserious

Activity: 1935
Merit: 290

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2019, 02:14:38 PM

Bitcoin is a unstable currency,that means Bitcoin market up and down is the own history.but for the last 2-3 months I can see bitcoin price 3400$ something up and down.in fact bitcoin unstable price do not give me bad react.because I have invest and hold when the price goes to down.and my selling and profit process start when the price going to up.
xWolfx

Activity: 322
Merit: 20

Donating 10% to charity

View Profile
February 10, 2019, 07:37:55 PM

PS:

1) I am not talking about NOW, it is for long-term consideration (maybe 10-20 years). In this period, bitcoin still keep going up & getting very valuable;
2) My assumption based on the mass adoption of bitcoin in global payment sector, together with the development of blockchain & bitcoin itself;
3) "Stable coin" does not mean bitcoin's price is fixed or pegged with fiat currency, it is more like an independent currency beyond any national digital currency which will be the main stream in next 10 years because it is evitable that big economy will issue their own digital currency in the coming future.

1. You're 100% right.

2. It is certainly a possibility, however we need to make it happen ourselves. Each helping a bit with their free time and/or holding which helps also. The more the better.

3. It's price however will probably not fluctuate like we know today and for some years after today. But i'm sure that in the long term this fluctuations will be part of the past and a lot of people will be complaining about how they didn't invest during this years, the same as always. Yes the same ones who criticize us so badly today.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: