Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 05:17:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  All
  Print  
Author Topic: SolidCoin v2.01 Released  (Read 8317 times)
FlipPro (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 02:14:39 PM

Posted Today by RealSolid, 08:51 AM
So quite a lot with this release, even though the minor .01 release suggests it's minor, it is not.

Source: http://solidcoin.inf...-201-source.zip
Windows: http://solidcoin.inf...lidcoin-201.exe
Linux64: http://solidcoin.inf...linux64.tar.bz2
Linux32: http://solidcoin.inf...linux32.tar.bz2

If you want to buy some SolidCoins before they go mainstream.
http://solidcoin24.com (BTC -> SC)
http://bitlobby.com (Credit Card purchasing)
http://btc-e.com (BTC -> SC , bank deposits)

There may be some issues with makefiles on MAC and WINDOWS, I use Visual Studio 10 to compile on Windows now, so you may need to do a little work with mingw to get it compiling. I may release all the msvc10 libraries and project files needed to build it soon.

Linux compiles rather easy as long as you have all the libraries ( from ./src directory type "make -f ../build/makefile.unix")

v2.01
[CORE] Fixed small bug which gave trusted nodes with an amount closer to one million more value than a higher account
[CORE] Fixed some issues with re-orgs not removing wallet transactions if they are reorganized
[CORE] Autostart mining now possible
[CORE] Fixed bug that would show you incorrect balance just after a send until it was confirmed by one block
[CORE] Stopped blocks with invalid times from being able to be used
[CORE] Some cleanup to block index updating
[CORE] Fee checking slightly changed
[CORE] Fixed NTP handling. Now use async boost::asio and fixed a few small issues with updating time during NTP downtime. Also changed way SolidCoin reacts when it cannot find NTP time.

[UI] Added more info to the transaction information panel
[UI] Added hash speeds to system tray tooltip
[UI] Fixed mining hash calculation being incorrect
[UI] Fixed delay bug which happened when transaction panel was open
[UI] Now update the mining options in real time instead of needing a restart
[UI] Now show mini-pool stats from anyone who is mining for your SolidCoin client. Allows you to determine how much KH your node is getting.
[UI] Now show percentage of blocks needed to download
[RPC] Mining hash speed is now available over RPC for non GUI clients
[RPC] Some improvements to sc_testwork and sc_getwork for mining and pool efficiencies
[RPC] Fixed max fee bug in sc_sendtoaddress (Thanks coinotron)
[NETWORK] Reduced limits on how much data to be sent to nodes requesting it, fixes high CPU usage issues

[MINING] SC client now uses pool (or sc_getwork server) time and updates it, to introduce only a single source of time sync for the miners.
[WINDOWS] Added windows service support
Big release Smiley, equipped with the source.  Thank you RS.
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 02:27:15 PM

ehehhahahaa lets get some pros on this "source" and see where RS is fucking around. Cause i garuntee he's still THE super node and controls everything.
Atop of that i garuntee that he can still change the # of coins minted per block.
Aswell as restart the chain, And premine a Fuckton of coins

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
FlipPro (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 02:28:39 PM

ehehhahahaa lets get some pros on this "source" and see where RS is fucking around. Cause i garuntee he's still THE super node and controls everything.
Atop of that i garuntee that he can still change the # of coins minted per block.
You sound like a god damn moron. Read the source and STFU.
Bobnova

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 02:29:17 PM

Holy shitballs it's actually source.
I never expected this to happen!

Too bad we don't get to see the older outdated (and hence useless) source.

BTC:  1AURXf66t7pw65NwRiKukwPq1hLSiYLqbP
FlipPro (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 02:30:46 PM
Last edit: November 02, 2011, 10:57:19 PM by FlipPro

Only reason people couldn't see the original source was because it had proprietary code that gave RS access to certain aspects of the network incase of attack. This has already been discussed several times. This whole notion that "IF WE DON'T HAVE SOURCE FROM START, IT'S USELESS" is complete garbage fabricated simply to troll a good project.
Fiyasko
Legendary

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 02:31:48 PM

Lol. If i read it, I wouldnt really even know what the fuck im looking at hence "lets gets some pros on this source"
Admittidly yes, I just reread everything i typed, And i look fucking stupid. Hello mornings!

*goes to read source and stfu*

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
Bobnova

Activity: 210

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 02:35:51 PM

Only reason people couldn't see the original source was because it had proprietary code that gave RS access to certain aspects of the network incase of attack. This has already been discussed several times. This whole notion that "IF WE DON'T HAVE SOURCE FROM START, IT'S USELESS NOTION" is complete garbage fabricated simply to troll a good project.

Wonderful!  Way to admit that CH has been denying people blocks that they legitimately earned.  lol.

BTC:  1AURXf66t7pw65NwRiKukwPq1hLSiYLqbP
FlipPro (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 02:39:44 PM

Only reason people couldn't see the original source was because it had proprietary code that gave RS access to certain aspects of the network incase of attack. This has already been discussed several times. This whole notion that "IF WE DON'T HAVE SOURCE FROM START, IT'S USELESS NOTION" is complete garbage fabricated simply to troll a good project.

Wonderful!  Way to admit that CH has been denying people blocks that they legitimately earned.  lol.
No one's been denied anything. These are all false rumors, fabricated to spread FUD.

Edit: Anyone who is a developer here understands that RS needed a certain level of control while the product was still in very early Beta. He has said it before, that he could have waited 2 more weeks and released with the source code, but people (including myself) were eager to see ANYTHINGand we wanted to assist with development in any way we knew how. We pressured him to release prematurely, and were all warned that anything/everything was subject to change since the project was still in EARLY BETA, and is STILL in beta as far as I am concerned.
Fiyasko
Legendary

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 02:44:45 PM

Woah woah woah, I just tought about this.
If RS, Has changed SC's into "not a joke" now with SolidCoin v2.01
What about his millions of Premined SC's?
As soon as the value goes up he's just gonna fucking ride on his own self-creating money! (simmilar to what Satoshi did) But my main emphasis is that when these "coins" were made, He Gave himself Millions of them

Those premined coins need to be destroyed!

HolodeckJizzmopper

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 02:49:24 PM

Only reason people couldn't see the original source was because it had proprietary code that gave RS access to certain aspects of the network incase of attack.

Did I seriously just read that ? And people are still supporting SolidCoin because... ?
FlipPro (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 02:51:28 PM

As soon as the value goes up he's just gonna fucking ride on his own self-creating money! (simmilar to what Satoshi did) But my main emphasis is that when these "coins" were made, He Gave himself Millions of them

That is not true, there is only about 2 million coins in existence in total.
Fiyasko
Legendary

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 02:52:56 PM

Okay yeah i exaggeratted, he only made about TEN THOUSAND of them.

Uhh.... the premined have clearly been stated and now source can be verified as well as block explorer -

SC1 transfer coins.
Initial Arbiter nodes, since they require a minimum coin amount (once they hit just less than 1 million from CPF payments the coins are in essence unspendable)

How can you "destroy" those and still have a functioning system as it stands?  :facepalm:
Send them to a wallet and delete the wallet?

johnj

Activity: 154

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 02:53:12 PM

This is the dumbest shit I've read in a long time.  How can you write off 'proprietary access' as 'omg that's just trolling'.  Were you dropped on your head as a child?  It's not 'trolling' to point out that your dear leader had/has proprietary access on a LIVE FUCKING MONETARY SYSTEM.

Secondly, and note that I'm not that tech minded - how do we know that the source code that's being released is the same as the code that's running on the trust nodes?  That is to say (concerming the 12m+ premine), even though you pass out source that says 'oh these wallets can't spend anything', what's to prevent the trust nodes from running code that says 'these wallets are 100% spendable'.  I mean, that's the point of the 'trust nodes', right?  To have authority on what's allowed in the blockchain?

1AeW7QK59HvEJwiyMztFH1ubWPSLLKx5ym
TradeHill Referral TH-R120549
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 03:03:24 PM

Let me help you.

1) RS has only trusted node.
2) Trusted node will only validated blocks it considers valid.
3) The persons who controls the trusted nodes then can make ANY change to the network, kill it, pause it, fork it, etc.
4) The change to payout rate ensures nobody except RS will have enough coins to have a trusted node.

1 + 2 + 3 + 4 =  He was exactly right.  So who's the moron?
meelba

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 03:03:35 PM

SC is for newbs.
johnj

Activity: 154

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 03:03:56 PM

If that were true you would have to still see it in the regular client source that they must accept transactions from the trusted nodes no questions asked in some manner.  Otherwise the coins would only be spendable on even blocks and well the block explorer would be able to trivially see that happening....  Call me crazy but that would be a terribly easy to spot exploit if it were the case.

So what you're saying is, the 'trust nodes' -may- be running altered code which allows for their spending on even blocks?

Seeing it happen after the fact via confirming in the block explorer leaves me lacking in assurance.

1AeW7QK59HvEJwiyMztFH1ubWPSLLKx5ym
TradeHill Referral TH-R120549
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 03:05:38 PM

That is not true, there is only about 2 million coins in existence in total.

No there are 14.2 million and RS owns 12 million of those plus the ~130K more collected by the king's tax.

So roughly 85% of all coins are owned by a single person.
Fiyasko
Legendary

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 03:06:09 PM

Secondly, and note that I'm not that tech minded - how do we know that the source code that's being released is the same as the code that's running on the trust nodes?  That is to say (concerming the 12m+ premine), even though you pass out source that says 'oh these wallets can't spend anything', what's to prevent the trust nodes from running code that says 'these wallets are 100% spendable'.  I mean, that's the point of the 'trust nodes', right?  To have authority on what's allowed in the blockchain?

If that were true you would have to still see it in the regular client source that they must accept transactions from the trusted nodes no questions asked in some manner.  Otherwise the coins would only be spendable on even blocks and well the block explorer would be able to trivially see that happening....  Call me crazy but that would be a terribly easy to spot exploit if it were the case.

Im agreeing with both sides of this arugument, Yeah, It'd be easy to spot EVENTUALLY, untill then, you may aswell be yelling KA MI KA ZEEEEEEEEEEEEEE when you buy/mine SC's

DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 03:07:33 PM

As far as the "12M are unspendable".  Took a quick look through the source.  I see nothing in client logic that would indicate any coin is unspendable. 

Would one of the informed faithful provide snipet of the code which blocks the 12M from being spent?
FlipPro (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 03:08:33 PM

This is the dumbest shit I've read in a long time.  How can you write off 'proprietary access' as 'omg that's just trolling'.  Were you dropped on your head as a child?  It's not 'trolling' to point out that your dear leader had/has proprietary access on a LIVE FUCKING MONETARY SYSTEM.

1.Before RS shut down the network people had plenty of time to get out. But the majority of his supporters stood by him and understood the reasoning behind all the events(BTCEX, Artfroz attack). Anyone who remained as an SC2.0 supporter understood that they were handing over 100% control over to Real Solid. We are ok with that Smiley. Regardless he has now had his George Washington moment, and given it all back to the people. You have your source what are you complaining about?

2. The trusted nodes require to be ran on the same exact source as everyone else. You can verify this by checking the public keys in the source. The public keys of the trusted nodes are in the client to prevent them from spending the money. This way every client knows that transactions from these addresses are not legit and automatically refuse them. Therefore these balances can never be spent.

3. Also you need to learn the difference between "pre-mining" and actually creating balances within the genesis block. None of the trusted node balances were "pre-mined", they were once-again created from inside the genesis block.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  All
  Print  

Jump to: