Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:52:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: SolidCoin v2.01 Released  (Read 8320 times)
coblee
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1653
Merit: 1286

Creator of Litecoin. Cryptocurrency enthusiast.

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 07:09:01 PM

So you don't want to read it. You just want to compile it. What a stupid human you are, indeed.
So the complaint first was that nobody knew what was he shipping on those closed source binaries, but now you morons will just compile it without reading it...
If I were for RealSolid I would just release the source code with makefiles and make that source code delete all your hard drive while compiling or to really fuck you when the binary was run the first time, seeing as you guys are too dumb to read the code...

FFS, stupidity has limits!

I normally don't like to chime in much on these threads. But this statement is just too stupid to not comment on:

... make that source code delete all your hard drive while compiling ...

psy, try not to call people stupid in the same paragraph where you make a really stupid comment.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 07:10:11 PM

So you don't want to read it. You just want to compile it. What a stupid human you are, indeed.
So the complaint first was that nobody knew what was he shipping on those closed source binaries, but now you morons will just compile it without reading it...
If I were for RealSolid I would just release the source code with makefiles and make that source code delete all your hard drive while compiling or to really fuck you when the binary was run the first time, seeing as you guys are too dumb to read the code...

FFS, stupidity has limits!

I normally don't like to chime in much on these threads. But this statement is just too stupid to not comment on:

... make that source code delete all your hard drive while compiling ...

psy, try not to call people stupid in the same paragraph where you make a really stupid comment.

I edited it to say on the first run of the binary only.
makomk

Activity: 686
Merit: 564

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 07:12:04 PM

Apparently to hard for that asshole, had to fix his broken ones first time round so you could compile now he can't even be bothered shipping the broken ones for people to fix up, what a joke you people are.

Holly fuck! RealSolid must have some mad skillzzzzzzzz. He compiled those binaries he has for download in his site using broken makefiles, is that what you're saying?
I never could quite figure out how he managed that either, but somehow he did.

Quad XC6SLX150 Board: 860 MHash/s or so.
SIGS ABOUT BUTTERFLY LABS ARE PAID ADS
johnj

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 07:14:04 PM

PS: I'm also too dumb to read source code, but I'm not the one begging for it nor the one pretending that I can do something which I obviously can't

Psy, requesting peer review has nothing to do with the ability to review it oneself.

I get that you claim you're not an SC fan, but your constant berating of anyone who does have an issue with all the inconsistencies coming from the SC camp lends itself to a different conclusion.

1AeW7QK59HvEJwiyMztFH1ubWPSLLKx5ym
TradeHill Referral TH-R120549
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 07:16:19 PM

PS: I'm also too dumb to read source code, but I'm not the one begging for it nor the one pretending that I can do something which I obviously can't

Psy, requesting peer review has nothing to do with the ability to review it oneself.

I get that you claim you're not an SC fan, but your constant berating of anyone who does have an issue with all the inconsistencies coming from the SC camp lends itself to a different conclusion.

I don't berate anyone when they have a point...
And all the noise that was made about source code before it was released just seems to me as something very stupid, when apparently just one person so far read done it and raised a valid concern(which I said I would like Realsolid to address) and all the others continue to just post shit.
I guess the persons who are really reading the source code will post all that they find, or else how will they show that they were right all the time?

I'm waiting for it, and I guess you are waiting also. What have the 6 pages of this thread teach you so far about the source code that was released after you take out the noise? NOTHING!

PS: I'm not any alt coin fan, not just SC. Yes, I have some of those alt coins, but that's it.
I'm only a Bitcoin fan. I like the namecoin idea, but for now it is completely useless...
coblee
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1653
Merit: 1286

Creator of Litecoin. Cryptocurrency enthusiast.

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 07:18:05 PM

Apparently to hard for that asshole, had to fix his broken ones first time round so you could compile now he can't even be bothered shipping the broken ones for people to fix up, what a joke you people are.

Holly fuck! RealSolid must have some mad skillzzzzzzzz. He compiled those binaries he has for download in his site using broken makefiles, is that what you're saying?
I never could quite figure out how he managed that either, but somehow he did.

I normally don't defend RealSolid/CoinHunter, but he clearly stated that he used Visual Studio 10 to build it. I'm not a Windows guy, but I can still figure out that with Visual Studio 10 has its own way of building that doesn't use makefiles.

http://solidcointalk.org/topic/409-solidcoin-v201-released/

It also seems like he hasn't released the libraries required to build under Visual Studio 10. So I think you cannot currently build the source on Windows until RealSolid either fixes up the makefiles or releases the libraries.

Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 07:24:15 PM

I want to read it, compile it, run it, debug it, test it. Since SolidCoin is a copy of Bitcoin, and Bitcoin code is quite complex, the SolidCoin source code is not something that can be simply read in a few minutes. The only stupid person is someone who thinks they can fully understand complex source code simply by reading it for a few minutes.

Buy & Hold
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 07:27:17 PM

I want to read it, compile it, run it, debug it, test it. Since SolidCoin is a copy of Bitcoin, and Bitcoin code is quite complex, the SolidCoin source code is not something that can be simply read in a few minutes. The only stupid person is someone who thinks they can fully understand complex source code simply by reading it for a few minutes.

OK, now I'm on your side. People should just wait for the ones that will do all that to reach their conclusions and tell us all about it. And that will take more than a few minutes, like you said. But this thread... in few hours, 6 pages of pure garbage and only 1 valid question.
CAMOPEJB

Activity: 132

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 07:33:43 PM

You can argue however that the CPF is 5% centralization, and I agree with that. There is a current 5% economic centralization in SolidCoin.
Try again, it's centralized on 10 (or so) trusted nodes. Doesn't sound like 5% economic centralization.

No, you're confusing accounts for nodes. The same accounts can be run on many nodes.

WHAAAT?  Huh
dinker

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 07:44:59 PM
Last edit: November 02, 2011, 08:20:23 PM by dinker

Please explain how exactly are you going to protect the network against government threats.

How are you going to prevent the government from physically taking over those "trusted" nodes?

I think the trusted nodes are spread around the world, with backup nodes setup ready to go live when something happens... You can just copy the "trusted" wallet to a new server, install solidcoind, set the config to trusted-node-mode, and the network will continue... So the US-Army has to find the new location and send the special forces there, enough time to setup other servers...

Just one question... Why the US army? I think you should be more afraid of the Greek and Portuguese army.

I don't think ALL of the trusted nodes are located in Greece or Portugal Smiley

Wait a moment there... You said the trusted nodes were spread around the world... If the US-army tried to come to my country for one of their special-ops I wouldn't be pleased and I would kick their ass myself.
The US doesn't own the world. Or do they in your own twisted vision of it? Because if the US can invade ANY country, so can Greece or Portugal...

Stop being so US centric, it annoys people, you know?

WAIT!! YALL DO KNOW THE FACT THAT ALL OF THE TRUSTED NODES RESIDES IN SOMEONE'S MOM'S BASEMENT, RIGHT?

Help Me Help You Donations:
14kP6tNtrz3woESs9nEE5aDB81QTybGyyZ
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 07:51:30 PM

Yeah, but "where" is(are) that(those) basement(s)?

Also, new solidcoin attack vector is: Release the makefile! Nobody cares about trusted nodes anymore, just makefiles.
HolodeckJizzmopper

Activity: 106

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 07:55:05 PM

Also, new solidcoin attack vector is: Release the makefile! Nobody cares about trusted nodes anymore, just makefiles.

In all fairness, it's pointless to release source code if the people you are releasing it to are not able to easily compile it.
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 08:00:17 PM

In all fairness, it's pointless to release source code if the people you are releasing it to are not able to easily compile it.

You do have a point. But it's also worth remembering that 99% of the source code beggars wanted it to read the source, so they should be able to easily compile it, even without a makefile.
One thing is for sure, most people won't ever download the source and compile it for themselves, be it from solidcoin, litecoin or bitcoin...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=37710.0
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 08:03:07 PM

One thing is for sure, most people won't ever download the source and compile it for themselves, be it from solidcoin, litecoin or bitcoin...

True but meaningless.  The value of OpenSource goes way beyond just compiling your own binaries.
HolodeckJizzmopper

Activity: 106

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 08:03:19 PM

so they should be able to easily compile it, even without a makefile.

This statement is demonstrably false and shows a tremendous amount of ignorance.
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 08:04:30 PM

so they should be able to easily compile it, even without a makefile.

This statement is demonstrably false and shows a tremendous amount of ignorance.

Yes, sometimes I can't even compile shit that comes with a makefile... Bitcoin being one of those. Maybe I should start making life of Bitcoin developers hell because I'm ignorant.

Before someone asks, no I won't use debian. I'm a CentOS guy.
Coinbuck @ BTCLot

Activity: 540
Merit: 500

The future begins today

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2011, 08:06:12 PM

http://wiki.solidcoin.info/wiki/Building_Solidcoin_from_source

Have fun (thanks to BrightSky@#solidcoin for sharing this !!!)

Bitcoin is the future !
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 08:14:40 PM

http://wiki.solidcoin.info/wiki/Building_Solidcoin_from_source

Have fun (thanks to BrightSky@#solidcoin for sharing this !!!)
Oh, look...

make -f ../build/makefile.unix # for the GUI client
# OR
make -f ../build/makefile.unix solidcoind # for the Solidcoin Daemon
There is no /build directory, and thus no makefile.unix. The released source code is not complete.

Buy & Hold
makomk

Activity: 686
Merit: 564

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 08:15:45 PM

By the way I think there might be another nastier and more fundamental flaw in the trusted node stuff - one that I'm kicking myself for not thinking of when SolidCoin 2 was first released - but it really needs a closer look. Will let you all know if it pans out.

Quad XC6SLX150 Board: 860 MHash/s or so.
SIGS ABOUT BUTTERFLY LABS ARE PAID ADS
Bobnova

Activity: 210

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 08:16:17 PM

The makefile is linked from the wiki howto.

BTC:  1AURXf66t7pw65NwRiKukwPq1hLSiYLqbP
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: