Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:13:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: SolidCoin v2.01 Released  (Read 8319 times)
Coinbuck @ BTCLot

Activity: 540
Merit: 500

The future begins today

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2011, 08:19:11 PM

http://wiki.solidcoin.info/wiki/Building_Solidcoin_from_source

Have fun (thanks to BrightSky@#solidcoin for sharing this !!!)
Oh, look...

make -f ../build/makefile.unix # for the GUI client
# OR
make -f ../build/makefile.unix solidcoind # for the Solidcoin Daemon
There is no /build directory, and thus no makefile.unix. The released source code is not complete.

Oh look you don't know how to read how do you want to compile something when you don't even know to read !

Bitcoin is the future !

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bobnova

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 08:20:23 PM

To be fair, he is correct.  RS hasn't released the entire source code if he didn't release the makefile.

BTC:  1AURXf66t7pw65NwRiKukwPq1hLSiYLqbP
FlipPro (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 08:21:54 PM

To be fair, he is correct.  RS hasn't released the entire source code if he didn't release the makefile.
To be fair, 90% of the trolls in here do not know what they are talking about. Go back through the posts and see for yourself.  Cheesy
LoupGaroux

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 08:30:33 PM

To be fair, 90% of the trolls in here do not know what they are talking about. Go back through the posts and see for yourself.  Cheesy

Gee that just flat out reeks of deflection. Address the issue, not scamper away. Is this a full release? No. Can it be kludged together? Probably. Is it optimized, and the most amazing thing since training wheels? No. It remains a badly flawed, awkwardly put together mess, that is being pushed by force of abusive harangue, rather than inherent utility.

Your code and release party are weak, your customer service is appalling, and your message is lost in the adoring cries for the Dear Leader to bless you with another banning.

Frak this, I'm moving along. It is exactly what most everybody thought it is, a cheesy rip-off of other people's code with a lot of bullshit baggage added in.
FlipPro (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 08:33:39 PM

Gee that just flat out reeks of deflection. Address the issue, not scamper away. Is this a full release? No. Can it be kludged together? Probably. Is it optimized, and the most amazing thing since training wheels? No. It remains a badly flawed, awkwardly put together mess, that is being pushed by force of abusive harangue, rather than inherent utility.

Your code and release party are weak, your customer service is appalling, and your message is lost in the adoring cries for the Dear Leader to bless you with another banning.

Frak this, I'm moving along. It is exactly what most everybody thought it is, a cheesy rip-off of other people's code with a lot of bullshit baggage added in.
You don't appreciate the time that it takes to code at this level. You're a god damn noob who willingly spreads FUD. Where the hell is BTCX?
Starlightbreaker
Legendary

Merit: 1006

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 08:36:47 PM

if you want people to appreciate it..

well, better do it the right thing at the first time, without being all shady.

localhost

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 08:38:48 PM

Where the hell is BTCX?
He's reading the source code Wink (on behalf of all the other users who don't have the time)
I understand SC fanboys are mostly 24/7 coders who don't understand that some people might not have the will to spend all their time reading the source codes of every program they run. And yet you keep claiming your aim is to go mainstream... jeez... understand end users first.

-
johnj

Activity: 154

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 08:42:10 PM

Actually as coblee pointed out earlier, RS clearly stated he is building in VS10 ... makefiles are not necessary.

So the next argument I guess is it's not open source because we didn't get the project files and VS libs...  This would be false, these are not typically ever handed out to my knowledge even in VS centric open source programs, in part because at least in my experience they tend to be very machine specific.

With all that said, Brightsky has released makefiles for use for you all, what is the problem with that?

Is the new troll argument now, "ok there is source, there is makefiles, but they didn't come from RS?!?!?"

Viper, generalizing all the 'trolls' as people who are pointing out fairly legitimate concerns does yourself a discredit.

Not everyone who disagrees with the way the SC 'project' is being handled is a troll.

1AeW7QK59HvEJwiyMztFH1ubWPSLLKx5ym
TradeHill Referral TH-R120549
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 08:44:20 PM

Where the hell is BTCX?

Coordinating his gorillas who can read source code to find flaws and exploit them.
Ofcourse you can't expect he will disclose any of the flaws... That's not his style. Well, at least not until he actually made a profit from them.
HolodeckJizzmopper

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 08:47:53 PM

Is the new troll argument now, "ok there is source, there is makefiles, but they didn't come from RS?!?!?"

Not that I'm admitting to trolling, but it's a telling sign that he can't set up a proper source drop.

Normally, when you release source like this, you provide documentation of everything required to compile the source to binaries.

We would expect better from someone of RealSolid's claimed prowess.

He should know better.

FlipPro (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 08:49:03 PM

Viper, generalizing all the 'trolls' as people who are pointing out fairly legitimate concerns does yourself a discredit.

Not everyone who disagrees with the way the SC 'project' is being handled is a troll.

Not generalizing all who disagree... generalizing people who are repeatedly asking answered questions... code is there, makefiles are there, RS did state he is building within VS10 in which case he may not have and seemed to indicate not needing makefiles.

Read the thread again, same people, same questions, even with legitimate answers.... so they are trolling for the fun of it or they are dumb.... I am giving them the benefit of the doubt by saying they are trolling.
I'd say they're both.
FlipPro (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 08:50:26 PM

Not that I'm admitting to trolling, but it's a telling sign that he can't set up a proper source drop.

Normally, when you release source like this, you provide documentation of everything required to compile the source to binaries.

We would expect better from someone of RealSolid's claimed prowess.

He should know better.

Brightsky was kind enough to add the instructions with the makefile on the wiki.

Video HERE Grin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K537tJUDF90
HolodeckJizzmopper

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 08:51:46 PM

Brightsky was kind enough to add the instructions with the makefile on the wiki.

But we're not talking about Brightsky.
FlipPro (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 08:54:34 PM

You have this false assumption that Solidcoin is Realsolid's only. Solidcoin is a community project made up of hundreds of supporters, and Brightsky happens to be pretty high up there on the development end of the SC community.
Spacy

Activity: 168

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 08:54:46 PM

If you want to talk about a specific person and not topic you should go to Meta Smiley
CAMOPEJB

Activity: 132

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 09:06:09 PM

You can argue however that the CPF is 5% centralization, and I agree with that. There is a current 5% economic centralization in SolidCoin.
Try again, it's centralized on 10 (or so) trusted nodes. Doesn't sound like 5% economic centralization.

No, you're confusing accounts for nodes. The same accounts can be run on many nodes.

Is it true?
makomk

Activity: 686
Merit: 564

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 09:12:01 PM

Actually as coblee pointed out earlier, RS clearly stated he is building in VS10 ... makefiles are not necessary.
For the Linux and Mac OS X binaries? Not likely.

I think the makefile on the wiki is actually RealSolid's by the way, presumably posted by one of the early testers that got to look over a more complete copy of the source before it was publicly released. I recognise some of the makefile quirks because someone complained about them in IRC.

Quad XC6SLX150 Board: 860 MHash/s or so.
SIGS ABOUT BUTTERFLY LABS ARE PAID ADS
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 10:45:10 PM

Have fun (thanks to BrightSky@#solidcoin for sharing this !!!)
I can confirm that with the BrightSky additions/changes, the source does build and run (64-bit Linux).

Now to have some fun with the source...

Buy & Hold
simonk83

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 10:50:45 PM

If you want to buy some SolidCoins before they go mainstream.

Lol Cheesy
PatrickHarnett

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 11:05:26 PM

I thought I would have a look, although it's not a language I use, and I am not a professional coder.  I learnt that 30 years ago and haven't done real coding since my 20's.  I did see there are copyright signs in the headers and went to the licence.txt.  I am not sure if you can copyright to a made-up name, and I wonder where the trademark application was done?

The SolidCoin name is trademarked by RealSolid. All source applicable is also copyrighted by RealSolid. The copyrights and trademarks will be handed over to the SolidCoin NPO which will be created at some point in the future.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: