Bitcoin Forum
May 19, 2024, 04:31:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which is the best online wallet for bitcoin?  (Read 430 times)
larkinvain

Activity: 1120
Merit: 13

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 07:53:36 AM

No buddy online wallets are not safe for you I feel good to suggest you not to use online based wallets. You should use a desktop wallet which is good for you and also cheap. If you want more security then you can buy hardware wallets but they are costly for you just it is up to you what you prefer to use.
lipoicChin

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 02:01:35 AM

I don't like to suggest you use an online wallet because this is not safe for your security to be hacked easily. You better have to use a hardware wallet. If the hardware wallet is expensive, you can use an electrum desktop wallet.
Hi, Hardware wallet is expensive to me. You talked about electrum destop wallet but I don't know much about it. could you please let me know how safe is it? how it works?? The price? Thanks.
bob123
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2018, 08:21:53 AM

Hi, Hardware wallet is expensive to me. You talked about electrum destop wallet but I don't know much about it. could you please let me know how safe is it? how it works?? The price? Thanks.

Electrum (as any other desktop wallet) is as safe as your computer is.

If you are browsing shady sites, downloading cracked software or running a cracked OS, chances are VERY high that your computer is infected.
Any (non-hardware) wallet would be not safe on your PC then.

However, if you have everything up-to-date, a good AV and use lot of common sense, your PC is probably clean and relatively(!) safe.

Electrum is free. And this is the ONLY official site to download it from: https://electrum.org/#home.
Make sure to verify the signature (or AT LEAST verify the hashsum of the file) to make sure you have downloaded the original version. There are quite a lot guides on the internet about verifying electrum downloads.
The process heavily depends on the OS you are using.

Hermelda

Activity: 42

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 03:10:29 PM

anybody i just want to know that , which is the best online wallet and !
properties of the wallet security ...!!
Bincanet

Activity: 33

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 02:07:57 AM

anybody i just want to know that , which is the best online wallet and !
properties of the wallet security ...!!
You can try hardware wallet. It is very good and safe.
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2018, 12:00:58 PM

As it is recommended not to store a high amount of funds on any online wallet but on the other hand, web wallets are extremely user-friendly and flexible to use and hence I usually store not more than 5% to 10% of my funds. I have been using blockchain.info web wallet since last 4 years with adequate security precautions and never had any issues with it so far that I would like to recommend this wallet as far as the other person is looking specifically for web-based wallets.
retprogramisto

Activity: 149
Merit: 34

💡 Websites, scripts for BTC web4crypto.xyz

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2018, 12:54:02 AM

Use https://coinb.in to generate addresses and transactions. Save your private keys in a password encrypted text file and make secure backups. You can download the coinbin source and run it offline for more security (to generate addresses and sign transactions). You only need internet connection to get inputs and broadcast transactions.

➡️  💡  𝗪𝗲𝗯𝟰𝗖𝗿𝘆𝗽𝘁𝗼  💡  ⬅️
Websites, scripts, crypto integration for BTC
✔️ Free consultation at Web4Crypto.xyz
Adriano2010

Activity: 1414
Merit: 516

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2018, 04:22:26 AM

I always choose hardware wallet and not online wallet. Maybe for fast transaction and mobile i choose mycelium when i need to go on long distance and i need to do fast transaction. But hardware wallet is safer and more secure "ledger nano s" in my case and never had any problem, and i have most altcoins i hold on it.
JackyChu

Activity: 28

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 09:47:46 AM

Hey!
I'm new and i wanted to know which is the best online wallet for bitcoin that is secure and take less fee

Thanks
Hi, After making researches by myself, i found that hardware wallet is really safe.
DdmrDdmr
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 10786

There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2018, 05:53:24 PM

<…> After making researches by myself, i found that hardware wallet is really safe.
They are … provided you learn how to use them properly and verify that the wallet address on your computer screen matches that on your device when making a TX.

You also need to be wary of where you actually purchase your hardware wallet if you don’t want surprises. It goes without saying that you should purchase them through the original seller’s webpage/channels and/or official resellers, although the former is more secure.
Take for example the note that Trezor released this week in relation to Trezor One (see [PSA] Non-genuine Trezor One devices spotted. Be careful, buy only from Trezor Shop or authorized resellers). It seems that someone has managed to create a copy (not clone) of the original Trezor One, and commercialize it.  

The differences between the original and look-alike are very subtle (namely the hologram on the package). Now if you end up trying to save a few bucks by purchasing it on sites such as Ebay or AliExpress, you may find yourself in trouble somewhere down the road. It is possible that a non-genuine copy could work fine, but have all the seeds in the hands of who knows, waiting to make the move and pounce on your crypto …
smartbitcoininvestor

Activity: 652
Merit: 257

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 02:29:43 AM

I would probably try out the Electrum wallet. If you are on mobile, I would try out the BRD wallet. Either way, it's not good to store your bitcoin in a hot wallet, so you should always ensure you move it to a cold wallet.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: