Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:37:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [NXT] NXTInfrastructure committee  (Read 6272 times)
marcus03 (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 01:23:21 PM

The NXT community has elected the following individuals into the NXTinfrastructure Committee:

NXTinfrastructure Committee
===========================
marcus03: 166 votes - 20.7%
EvilDave: 133 votes - 16.6%
ferment: 119 votes - 14.8%
chanc3r: 107 votes - 13.3%
ChuckOne: 95 votes - 11.8%

Full results: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=345619.msg5578891#msg5578891

Though this election is not yet considered certified and valid by rickyjames, thank you very much for your votes in the name of all committee members.

This thread will be the main discussion thread for the NXTInfrastructure committee.

Once we've organized ourselves, we'll let you know here, how you can propose projects for funding from the NXTinfrastructure funds.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 01:47:21 PM

Hello, Marcus......congratulations to everyone, btw.

Looking forward to working with u.

And a big thank you to every one who took the time to vote !

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
Wipeout2097

Activity: 840
Merit: 255

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 01:53:16 PM

This desperate shit-pumping circlejerk would be "just" pathetic, if it weren't reaching the level of spam...  Roll Eyes

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██▀       ▀█       ▀████████████        ▀█         █▀       ▀██
██   ▀██▄▄▄█   ██   ████████████   ███   ████   ████   ▀██▄▄▄██
███▄     ▀██       ▄████████████       ▄█████   █████▄     ▀███
██▀▀▀██▄   █   █████████████████   █▄  ▀█████   ████▀▀▀██▄   ██
██▄       ▄█   █████████████████   ██▄  ▀████   ████▄       ▄██
██       ██▀      ▀█████████████    ▀██   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▄██▄   ████████████     ▀█   █████████████████████
████   ███   ████████   ████   █   ▄  ▀   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▀██▀   █   ████   █   █▄     █████████████████████
██       ██▄      ▄███        ██   ██▄    █████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████                                                             ████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████          ████████████████                                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
Alva1885

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 03:57:30 PM

Though this election is not yet considered certified and valid by rickyjames, thank you very much for your votes in the name of all committee members.

This thread will be the main discussion thread for the NXTInfrastructure committee.

Once we've organized ourselves, we'll let you know here, how you can propose projects for funding from the NXTinfrastructure funds.
marcus03 (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 06:41:46 PM

Given we plan for a 12 months period, what would be the maximum amount (given that we have enough good projects and the amount they get is within reasonable bounds) that we want to spent from the 2.9 million NXT?

One approach:

We expect success of NXT and plan to spent a maximum of 2 million NXT within the next 12 months. That would leave almost 1 million for the time after and since NXT is a success by then, the risen price leaves enough to go on (the one million then would be worth more than the 3 millions now).

Another approach:

If NXT can't run without funding in 12 months, all is lost anyway. Spent all of the 2.9 million in the next 12 months to produce the best effect as soon as possible.
Also: If funding has a the positive effect on NXT that we hope, more funds might become available from stakeholders.
EvilDave

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 07:23:31 PM

I'm tempted to be conservative and say 50:50, but that's not particularly realistic given that we are going to need to spend much more right now rather than in 6 months time.

How about 30:40:30 as follows:

30% goes out in the short term, 1-3 months.
Thereafter 40% or so over the next 9-11 months, trying to keep 30% as a rainy day fund.

chanc3r

Activity: 952
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 11:53:17 PM

I'm tempted to be conservative and say 50:50, but that's not particularly realistic given that we are going to need to spend much more right now rather than in 6 months time.

How about 30:40:30 as follows:

30% goes out in the short term, 1-3 months.
Thereafter 40% or so over the next 9-11 months, trying to keep 30% as a rainy day fund.

+12 Smiley

marcus03 (OP)

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 08:38:28 AM

I've logged two items in our spreadsheet:

09.03.2014   Committee decides that a maximum of 30% of the available funds goes out in the short term, 1-3 months. Thereafter 40% or so over the next 9-11 months, trying to keep 30% as a rainy day fund.
09.03.2014   Committee decides that EvilDave is the Infrastructure committee spokesman

ferment hasn't been online for 2 days, but I think we should start our work anyway.

I am proposing these three subjects for discussion over the next days taken from the TODO list in the spreadsheet:

1.) Find a consensus about what is part of our job

Should we just sit and wait for funding requests or do we take a more active role and e.g. create bounties based on what we think is needed inf wise?

2.) Decide about, build and publish an application process for funding from the NXTInfrastucture fund

Should we use the Google Docs template made by rickyjames?

3.) Brainstorming for committee members

I would really like us to do a brainstorming. This would get our heads free and we would all get on the same page. I've created a page in our spreadsheet for it. It would be grande if you would just fill it with anything that is on your mind regarding the work of the infrastructure committee. It can be organizational, on infrastructure, problems that you see, whatever.
marcus03 (OP)

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 01:20:02 PM
Last edit: March 09, 2014, 04:33:44 PM by marcus03

Thanks for setting this up Smiley

I would really like us to do a brainstorming. This would get our heads free and we would all get on the same page. I've created a page in our spreadsheet for it. It would be grande if you would just fill it with anything that is on your mind regarding the work of the infrastructure committee. It can be organizational, on infrastructure, problems that you see, whatever.

I'm adding some lines but I can't add comments - so 'I've added text to the other rows - don't know why commenting is 'off' but can you check its not the sharing permission?

I'll move my comments to comments then ....

It's not a sharing problem. Anyone who has the link, has full access rights.

EDIT: I've added new columns for comments for now.
ferment

Activity: 168

IDEX - LIVE Real-time DEX

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 12:30:21 PM

ferment hasn't been online for 2 days, but I think we should start our work anyway.

Was out of town and unplugged, getting up to speed this morning with posts/messages and deploying daylight savings release of NRS.

ferment

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 02:08:02 PM

It would be nice to maybe use some other mechanism for brainstorming (moderated forum, project management tools, etc) and then post summaries/announcements/requests for comment back here.

So we could have a flow like:

brainstorming -> present idea for feedback here -> create action item/public issue -> implement/create bounty/etc -> approve/verify/monitor.

-Ferment

marcus03 (OP)

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 02:50:32 PM

It would be nice to maybe use some other mechanism for brainstorming (moderated forum, project management tools, etc) and then post summaries/announcements/requests for comment back here.

So we could have a flow like:

brainstorming -> present idea for feedback here -> create action item/public issue -> implement/create bounty/etc -> approve/verify/monitor.

-Ferment

I'm with you on setting up a bug/issue tracker for us and with the flow you posted.

Brainstorming imho is just a one time event to get us started and should stay in the worksheet. It would only clutter up an issue tracker. We probably should not add comments there, but after everyone is finished with entering his stuff, discuss things that seem important right here.

ferment

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 03:18:05 PM

I'm with you on setting up a bug/issue tracker for us and with the flow you posted.

Brainstorming imho is just a one time event to get us started and should stay in the worksheet. It would only clutter up an issue tracker. We probably should not add comments there, but after everyone is finished with entering his stuff, discuss things that seem important right here.

How about a moderated forum on nxtcrypto so we can create individual threads for the brainstorming idea discussion and lock them when done? We can post weekly summaries back here.

Between the 1 Thread to Rule Them All, the trolls, and the drama, doing active work on this thread will create additional challenges.

marcus03 (OP)

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 04:16:16 PM

How about a moderated forum on nxtcrypto so we can create individual threads for the brainstorming idea discussion and lock them when done? We can post weekly summaries back here.

Between the 1 Thread to Rule Them All, the trolls, and the drama, doing active work on this thread will create additional challenges.

I'd say keep it simple and not spend too much time with committee self-organization. As long as we don't have problems here, let's stay here. We can always arrange something else later in case we see the need.

Nevertheless, some kind of issue tracker would be good to have a common way of documenting projects, ideas, bounties, etc..
EvilDave

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 12:18:14 AM

I'm with Marcus here, lets keep most of our biz here on the forum, in the public eye.

Moving on to business:

Secondleo sent me a copy of a paper on energy consumtion and efficiency compared between the BTC and NXT networks.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1J8uhdshu9epGRrQHBaloGc4itdvuAHZDAUtNDjOhz-8/edit?usp=sharing

I've had a quick look thru it, and it is full of useful information, might deserve some bounty even as a stand-alone project.
But SecondLeo also has a further proposition/project to do with an efficient forging soution.
He got in contact with me via Nextcoin.org:

I am one of the authors of the recently published paper about the energy efficiency of the Nxt network.

On the basis of the work put into the paper I have plans in motion to offer a powerful and minimum effort solution for forging.
I would appreciate it if you provided a point of contact for the committee so I can present the project there and see if I can get any support.

i'd like to hear more, so I've invited secondleo to come on over and tell us everything....

marcus03 (OP)

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 08:38:22 AM

I'm with Marcus here, lets keep most of our biz here on the forum, in the public eye.

Moving on to business:

Secondleo sent me a copy of a paper on energy consumtion and efficiency compared between the BTC and NXT networks.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1J8uhdshu9epGRrQHBaloGc4itdvuAHZDAUtNDjOhz-8/edit?usp=sharing

I've had a quick look thru it, and it is full of useful information, might deserve some bounty even as a stand-alone project.
But SecondLeo also has a further proposition/project to do with an efficient forging soution.
He got in contact with me via Nextcoin.org:

I am one of the authors of the recently published paper about the energy efficiency of the Nxt network.

On the basis of the work put into the paper I have plans in motion to offer a powerful and minimum effort solution for forging.
I would appreciate it if you provided a point of contact for the committee so I can present the project there and see if I can get any support.

i'd like to hear more, so I've invited secondleo to come on over and tell us everything....

Generally, I think the paper might deserve funding.

Would you please set up an Issue for this in the issue tracker at: https://bitbucket.org/nxtinfrastructure/committee/issues/new
(Set the "component" to "Projects/Bounties to fund".)

chanc3r

Activity: 952
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 08:05:58 PM

Would you please set up an Issue for this in the issue tracker at: https://bitbucket.org/nxtinfrastructure/committee/issues/new

I've commented on the paper, its interesting, needs work, at this moment I think it has a number of flaws and assumptions which need correcting for any community funds to be spent wisely.

opticalcarrier

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 09:22:13 PM

How can I request funding?  I would like to set up my network of public VPSs on SSL security to act as processors for lite clients that only sign transactions and submit them to public VPSs.  A wildcard cert for nxtcrypto.org domain to cover unlimited hosts is 468 euro
EvilDave

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 11:22:52 PM

How can I request funding?  I would like to set up my network of public VPSs on SSL security to act as processors for lite clients that only sign transactions and submit them to public VPSs.  A wildcard cert for nxtcrypto.org domain to cover unlimited hosts is 468 euro

Optical: put a proposal together covering all the elements of your plan, post it here and ask us for some NXT.
Then we can have a little talk about it...

EvilDave

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 11:24:52 PM

I've commented on the paper, its interesting, needs work, at this moment I think it has a number of flaws and assumptions which need correcting for any community funds to be spent wisely.

Just posted the paper to BitBucket, going to spent some time tomorrow going thru it, saw chanc3rs  comments on it.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: