Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:02:59 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Curse of the word "Soon" in ICO. How do you take it?  (Read 230 times)
flying_bit (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 9

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 12:28:39 AM

As many ICO taking a Pause on their Token Sale and/or launched on project/MVP/APPS and with only a promise of "Soon" and an Update that either begins or ends with   "Please be patient..." as Investor and Bounty Hunter, how do you take it?

For me, I prefer an honesty and giving me an exact time even if it will still be next month or next year than endlessly receiving a "Soon" reply. I find it non-committal and an excuse for being delay and not taking responsibilities of that delay coz if ICO didn't set a deadline or lauch date ofcourse  they can't be held liable as late coz there is no date which is absolutely crazy.

I know there's nothing we can do about this but it's just crazy time for investor/bounty hunters and not only patient is a key but also a lot of funds on your pocket coz there's no ROI anytime "SOON"!

How about you? Any thoughts on this?

Reality is the only thing that is real.
shark69

Activity: 258
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 01:01:26 AM

That is the most frequently used strategy, because in fact the roadmap they have sometimes does not reflect the actual situation.
Usually such a project will only last a few months and then disappear. Because their goal is only to dredge investors' funds.
btc_angela

Activity: 2646
Merit: 549

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 01:06:28 AM

Not good, imho. They're just giving false hope to many bounty hunters and investors. So its better to tell the story straight, accept the consequences that their project has failed already and that they have lost the trust of the community, simply as that.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
nreal

Activity: 932
Merit: 100

arcs-chain.com

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 01:38:11 AM

I agree with your standpoint. A specific timeframe (even longer) will be easier to accept than a "soon" promise. At present, investors have so little influence on the development of projects, I hope it will change in the future with the new ICO model.

► ARCS ◄ ♦ ARCS - The New World Token (*Listed on KuCoin) ♦ ► ARCS ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Whitepaper
marksayson

Activity: 420
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2018, 02:17:06 AM

They use that kind of tone because they are still not sure of the final update. If you believe on the project, there is nothing to worry about. Because if they have a decision, but still not approve, they will not disclose it on the public.

BankDex.io  / Decentralized Exchange
MainIbem

Activity: 1386
Merit: 400

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 02:35:27 AM

The era of free money using ICO is fast coming to an end. Blockchain projects now must meet certain criteria to continue in operation. Most of the projects having such issues were poorly package. Now, with so much regulatory eyes, they have to go back to the drawing board. Many will not come back again. Bounty hunters are caught up in the middle because some will refund the investors but bounty hunters are at total loss.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
BitcoinCleanUp.com

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
#EndTheFUD

██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
Psynthax

Activity: 2338
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 04:41:25 AM

As many ICO taking a Pause on their Token Sale and/or launched on project/MVP/APPS and with only a promise of "Soon" and an Update that either begins or ends with   "Please be patient..." as Investor and Bounty Hunter, how do you take it?

For me, I prefer an honesty and giving me an exact time even if it will still be next month or next year than endlessly receiving a "Soon" reply. I find it non-committal and an excuse for being delay and not taking responsibilities of that delay coz if ICO didn't set a deadline or lauch date ofcourse  they can't be held liable as late coz there is no date which is absolutely crazy.

I know there's nothing we can do about this but it's just crazy time for investor/bounty hunters and not only patient is a key but also a lot of funds on your pocket coz there's no ROI anytime "SOON"!

I just try to understand about the fact that market is not even supporting the ico. The bearish trend will give a bad impact to the ico token after it will have listed on exchange site.
Remember about there was no a lot of demand and that should be the correct reason to say soon for ico sale. But it's not appreciated

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
missyqt29

Merit: 10

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 04:45:44 AM

That is the most frequently used strategy, because in fact the roadmap they have sometimes does not reflect the actual situation.
Usually such a project will only last a few months and then disappear. Because their goal is only to dredge investors' funds.

For me, it is not actually helping if we just wait and wait and expect that "soon" the market will recover. In order to achieve success, we should take in some actions about it. Do not afraid to support cryptocurrencies as our support and money is needed to make the market alive.
Zero1One0

Activity: 625
Merit: 125

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 05:26:03 AM

Delays will always happen in the real world. There are priorities and less priority items.
I would appreciate a project team to give a long timeline - e.g. the distribution of tokens, bounties, etc will start on Q4 2018 in a span of 8-weeks.
That way, their commitment would not be affected. If there are delays, it should be communicated properly as well and at the soonest.
Committing to exact dates and failing to meet those will result in FUD.

ShareRing        ███  █    Telegram     █  ███          ShareRing
██   The world's first trusted token for sharing services   ██
██   One way to pay for sharing everything ██   no matter what it is or where you are   ██
Vektrum

Activity: 420
Merit: 14

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 05:35:17 AM

This means that the ICO team either does not know what to do next with its project, or simply intends to run away and while trying to contain a wave of well-deserved perturbations of investors and headhunters.
In any case, this is a very bad sign for the ICO project.
none of us
Copper Member

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 05:35:29 AM

unfortunately it is true. most projects use the word "soon" too often and keep everyone waiting. unfortunately, the word "soon" is often used and nothing happens afterwards.
yanto@1977

Activity: 686

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 05:53:18 AM

For me soon is relative, maybe yes maybe no and in this decisions only developer have rights. If " soon " comes up I only need to keep follow their activity in social media, web and telegram channel to find the right information about it. After " soon " goes up just keep continue our activity, leave the project and join another one. No big deal.

khufuking

Activity: 840
Merit: 266

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 06:03:06 AM

let me tell you, I am an investor and a bountyhunter. Some of the ICO I participated in had this word "soon" going on for months right now! Yep months, not weeks but months. People will think that this is the case with bountyhunters only but no, as I told you I am investor too and some ICO still have this word "soon" for investors too. Just imagine you invest in the PRE-ICO phase and the ICO last for 9 months so your money is locked for 9 months right now, I think a lot of people are in this same situation right now and we can't do anything about it, if we tried to get our money back you will get pennies compared of what you paid because of the drop value of Ethereum, we really can not do anything but wait and hope for the best.
l10no

Activity: 518

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 06:10:23 AM

whether they are just stalling for time or whether the project has a problem that takes a long time to resolve. I myself do not understand why there is a very long deley. because they are not open to everyone what problems they experience
Dilireba

Activity: 350
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2018, 06:16:03 AM

It shows the negative conditions of project, the pause in their token sale progress or products launching make investors and supporters fell worry about the future of the project, it seems to fail, if the team can't give a clear explain about why it's paused, i think we should not invest in it.

░▒▓ DFINANCE is New Age of DEFI ▓▒░
░▒▓ A Non-Code Platform for Decentralized Trading Instruments ▓▒░
░▒▓ https://dfinance.co ▓▒░
Aragorn_125

Activity: 448

MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 06:24:17 AM

As many ICO taking a Pause on their Token Sale and/or launched on project/MVP/APPS and with only a promise of "Soon" and an Update that either begins or ends with   "Please be patient..." as Investor and Bounty Hunter, how do you take it?

For me, I prefer an honesty and giving me an exact time even if it will still be next month or next year than endlessly receiving a "Soon" reply. I find it non-committal and an excuse for being delay and not taking responsibilities of that delay coz if ICO didn't set a deadline or lauch date ofcourse  they can't be held liable as late coz there is no date which is absolutely crazy.

The word soon must  be confirmed by action or by increased pay for waiting. Otherwise, it just looks like there is no money, but you hold on.

Vit83

Activity: 644

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2018, 09:15:40 AM

I understand you. This is just making me angry when there are no exact dates, and no understanding when it will ends. As I saw before there were normal variants for such situation. They said ok we will stop for half of the year, here your tokens and we will see you later. Or another variant they just increasing bounty pool and giving another exact date.

Correlll

Activity: 310
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 09:19:33 AM

It is not so great, if the team cannot give you any exact dates and only promising to make an announcement "soon". I do not like such an attitude, because I also prefer a more detailed answer, because I think if the team knows, what is going to happen next, they won't give you such an answer.
aggress0r

Activity: 1050

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 10:45:52 AM

I thought the thread name was a reference to Think Coin project - as we've already called it "SoonCoin" in the Russian community  Grin
But at least they've paid bounty hunters.

The bear market and down trend can or can't be an excuse.
The word "Soon" may really mean that the project struggles so I'm getting used to it a bit.
sh4dtechnr
Copper Member

Merit: 4

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 10:58:42 AM

Those from the community who want to stop such scenarios and scams, please pay attention to the ICOVO project. It holding it's ICO at the moment. I am not advertising this project now, but I speak on my own behalf as a crypto enthusiast. It’s not very pleasant to see how the community invests in different shit, and a worthwhile projects unfairly remain in the shadows. Take a closer look to it, thanks to this project, in the future, the market can finally be cleansed of fraud and become much safer and more interesting!
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: