Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 06:09:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Curse of the word "Soon" in ICO. How do you take it?  (Read 230 times)
cryptokingdom

Activity: 236
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2018, 11:06:20 AM

If you have embark on big project you will know that it is not easy for thing to just fall into place just the way it was planed. It is very easy to pen it down in a whitepaper but executing most of the things written there is not easy. Kindly be patient and give them some words of encouragement.

TelegramTwitter ❰❰❰❰❰❰  TERRAGREEN  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ Reddit  ● Medium
●●● ▬▬ Facebook  ❰❰❰  Blockchain Based Renewable Energy Platform  ❱❱❱  LinkedIn ▬▬ ●●●
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●  GREENPAPER  ●  ICO Website  ●  ANN THREAD  ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
flying_bit (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 9

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 12:46:32 AM

Bounty hunters are caught up in the middle because some will refund the investors but bounty hunters are at total loss.

Agree with this. When ICO we're discontinued, funds we're returned to investor but for Bounty Hunter  token will just be another souvenir of failed project.

Quote from: missyqt29
For me, it is not actually helping if we just wait and wait and expect that "soon" the market will recover. In order to achieve success, we should take in some actions about it.

I don't think we can do anything about it. Only we can do is to help them in marketing but the launching of product even the decision to continue or not is beyond our power.

Quote from: Zero1One0
I would appreciate a project team to give a long timeline - e.g. the distribution of tokens, bounties, etc will start on Q4 2018 in a span of 8-weeks.
That way, their commitment would not be affected. If there are delays, it should be communicated properly as well and at the soonest.
I totally agree. I prefer to wait, knowing up to when than wondering when. Actually, kinda weird..blockchain main characteristic is transparency but what happening now, that very key feature is being forgotten.

Quote from: Vektrum
This means that the ICO team either does not know what to do next with its project, or simply intends to run away and while trying to contain a wave of well-deserved perturbations of investors and headhunters.

I hope not. Some project,though I prefer not to mention their names, actually reached their softcap but funny thing is that there's too much delay and kinda annoying they are blaming it for only reaching softcap. From previous project, when they reached softcap it's enough to fund the project..so I wondering if they really reached softcap or they lower softcap in the hope to attract more investor and when failed they end up having hard time to launch the project.

Quote from: yanto@1977
For me soon is relative, maybe yes maybe no and in this decisions only developer have rights. If " soon " comes up I only need to keep follow their activity in social media, web and telegram channel to find the right information about it. After " soon " goes up just keep continue our activity, leave the project and join another one. No big deal.
I somehow agree, it's just nowadays many project are doing that and well..kinda annoying! But yeah, nothing to do but move on.

Quote from: l10no
whether they are just stalling for time or whether the project has a problem that takes a long time to resolve. I myself do not understand why there is a very long deley. because they are not open to everyone what problems they experience
That's what I'm thinking. Can't they have like a full transparency report where they can give the latest update of where the project already is or what already accomplished in that way they don't have to say "Soon" but instead send link to report. What so have with being honest!

Quote from: Aragorn_125
The word soon must  be confirmed by action or by increased pay for waiting. Otherwise, it just looks like there is no money, but you hold on.
Funny thing is that they we're able to meet softcap, isn't softcap supposed to be enough to create and launch the project? If not, then what's the idea behind softcap?

Quote from: aggress0r
I thought the thread name was a reference to Think Coin project - as we've already called it "SoonCoin" in the Russian community 
But at least they've paid bounty hunters.

Nope, not Think Coin but other ICO project which I can think of atleast 3 that love the words soon but the current one in mind was the most annoying...the project I have in mind actually meet softcap, paid the bounty hunters BUT token is not in MEW but in their platform so kinda useless and unless the project launch then rewards is totally useless. They use the word soon right after ICO and until now it's still their fave word..."SOON!

Quote from: cryptokingdom
If you have embark on big project you will know that it is not easy for thing to just fall into place just the way it was planed. It is very easy to pen it down in a whitepaper but executing most of the things written there is not easy. Kindly be patient and give them some words of encouragement.
I just hope they can be more transparent than always saying "Soon".They can say, they will launched on December and  I believe community will accept that and if they can launch early community will absolutely ovejoyed but making investor and supporter endlessly wait with vague answer is really unprofessional.
I'm saying this not just only for one project but many ICO. I know, many will say leave if you can't wait. I know I can't do anything about it..just sad that's how it works.

Reality is the only thing that is real.
aggress0r

Activity: 1050
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 10:16:18 AM

Quote from: aggress0r
I thought the thread name was a reference to Think Coin project - as we've already called it "SoonCoin" in the Russian community 
But at least they've paid bounty hunters.

Nope, not Think Coin but other ICO project which I can think of atleast 3 that love the words soon but the current one in mind was the most annoying...the project I have in mind actually meet softcap, paid the bounty hunters BUT token is not in MEW but in their platform so kinda useless and unless the project launch then rewards is totally useless. They use the word soon right after ICO and until now it's still their fave word..."SOON!

Can you name them? I suppose Inrating, Sgamepro are among the list  Grin
Bttzed03
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1149

https://bitcoincleanup.com/

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 10:32:59 AM

For me, I prefer an honesty and giving me an exact time even if it will still be next month or next year than endlessly receiving a "Soon" reply. I find it non-committal and an excuse for being delay and not taking responsibilities of that delay coz if ICO didn't set a deadline or lauch date ofcourse  they can't be held liable as late coz there is no date which is absolutely crazy.

The problem with setting a deadline is that when it is not met, people will still complain. The ICO teams just want to be on the safe side by saying "soon" and "please be patient". Serious teams will try to meet deadlines base on the roadmap but sometimes adjustments had to be made due to changes in the market or government regulations.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: