Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:05:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What difference can stable coin bring?  (Read 227 times)
Applechild (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 10:45:10 AM

Recently many bounties started ICO based on stable coin, my question now is; do you think stable coin can bring about the desired change in the fluctuation in the crypto market? What is stable coin in the first place? If we dont fully know the advantages, the acceptance may not be much. what is your thought on this?
This headline draw my attention and i needed to share: https://www.ccn.com/stablecoins-are-a-game-changer-says-aussie-crypto-exchange-founder/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 11:00:37 AM

do you think stable coin can bring about the desired change in the fluctuation in the crypto market?
At least they can, they will contribute to increase the total market cap of the market.

What is stable coin in the first place?
It has a stable price which is $1 but it still moves a bit from $1<-> $0.99 or few lower cents.

If we dont fully know the advantages, the acceptance may not be much. what is your thought on this?
There's a wide acceptance for stable coins just so you know.
Coinbase and Circle announce the launch of USDC — a Digital Dollar
Introducing Gemini Dollar, The First Regulated Stable Coin

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Alliipp

Activity: 374
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 11:02:05 AM

what distinguishes it is the existence of the smart contrak in the coin and also the coin product is successful in the market and growing.
der_troll

Activity: 602
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 11:07:47 AM

Stable coins were created to back crypto currency with the fiat money, so we do not need to deposit our funds in fiat. Moreover, if you want to stay safe that simply convert your crypto deposit into stable coins and you will be safe from a dump.
Vaniaayu

Activity: 476
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 11:37:43 AM

it will have no advantages, especially coins that are estimated at less than one dollar. then what is the coin, the only one can be used for gas
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 12:05:52 PM

IF we finally can see a truly stable coin which is also decentralized then we can see a huge difference in the market because that can effectively make the market stand alone and no longer require the centralization that fiat brings to the market.
traders can use that coin to easily go in and out of altcoins without any worries of dumps or the scam that the stable coin can pull if it were centralized.
but the current ones are all centralized to a company that can scam you so we will continue to see the problems.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
masterrex

Activity: 1820
Merit: 107

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 12:24:29 PM

Recently many bounties started ICO based on stable coin, my question now is; do you think stable coin can bring about the desired change in the fluctuation in the crypto market? What is stable coin in the first place? If we dont fully know the advantages, the acceptance may not be much. what is your thought on this?
This headline draw my attention and i needed to share: https://www.ccn.com/stablecoins-are-a-game-changer-says-aussie-crypto-exchange-founder/

Yes! that's true thats why we call it a stable coin. But usually stable coins are backed by fiat currencies like US$ dollars, etc. But we must remember that this so called stable coins are still paired and rely with traditional cryptos like Bitcoin,Ethereum and other crypto's in term of trade volumes without the tradional cryptos the so called stable coins are nothing!
kanayaTabitha

Activity: 980
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 12:36:36 PM

Too bad if the bounty hunters receive stable coins, they can't feel being a token holder and get up to 10x 100x. yes, maybe stable coins are in the first place because of its fair function for some blockchain users ... to transfer money, for payments, for loans and much more.
BQ

Activity: 616
Merit: 53

CoinMetro - the future of exchanges

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 12:57:12 PM

do you think stable coin can bring about the desired change in the fluctuation in the crypto market?
At least they can, they will contribute to increase the total market cap of the market.

What is stable coin in the first place?
It has a stable price which is $1 but it still moves a bit from $1<-> $0.99 or few lower cents.

If we dont fully know the advantages, the acceptance may not be much. what is your thought on this?
There's a wide acceptance for stable coins just so you know.
Coinbase and Circle announce the launch of USDC — a Digital Dollar
Introducing Gemini Dollar, The First Regulated Stable Coin
is it not "undermining" them if every exchange launches their own? is there any reason for it?  Huh

5 EUR free crypto on signup! XCM exchange token ⚜⚜⚜  CoinMetro - Copy Trading - Margin - 0% maker fee  ⚜⚜⚜ - generate €500 volume in July for a chance to win €100!
Victorycoin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 01:07:57 PM
Last edit: November 12, 2018, 09:25:14 PM by Victorycoin

IF we finally can see a truly stable coin which is also decentralized then we can see a huge difference in the market because that can effectively make the market stand alone and no longer require the centralization that fiat brings to the market.
traders can use that coin to easily go in and out of altcoins without any worries of dumps or the scam that the stable coin can pull if it were centralized.
but the current ones are all centralized to a company that can scam you so we will continue to see the problems.
Where can we find a truly decentralized coin that would be stable, because stability as we know it, comes with some measure of central control, which is why all the so called stablcoins out there, have a company at their center. I think having both decentralization as well as stability can be more of an illusion or wishful thinking at best.
dewildance

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 01:09:54 PM

Stable coins bring the way of making crypto money trading in the simplest way to our lives. Leaving aside its technical aspects, it allows the exchange to avoid holding a bank guarantee during the transition between FIAT and crypto during trade. If each exchange attempts to secure a collateral, the crypto currency exchanges will close half.
oioioi

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 01:30:50 PM

the name of the prize is obviously not much, unless we also invest and get the bonus, it will be useful, but it depends on the price on the exchange, if the price of the pump will be an advantage but if not, it is just hope

- CoinAnalyst - UNDERSTANDING CRYPTOCURRENCIES -
-  Maximize your trading profit with the CoinAnalyst A.I. Platform  -
Dexion

Activity: 812
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 01:46:49 PM

First, the stable coin is easily influenced by small problems, so, a stable coin is determined by a value behind it. examples such as USDT, Petro, and XRP.

but, a coin stable is bad for crypto trading, the stable coin is better used for a digital transaction, buy coffee, buy pizza, and others.

so, I think that stable coin usage for transactions is easier than bitcoin.

Noobaru

Activity: 504
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2018, 12:15:58 AM

To me it means that you can pull your crypto assets temporarily from the volatile currencies into the stablecoin. What difference does it bring? In what sense? I think there are going to be too many, a few should be sufficient, but ICOs see opportunity, because they are becoming a hit.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■       SKYNET.co       ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Maknae09

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

Ternion | Hybrid Crypto Exchange with fiat gateway

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 12:41:03 AM

In terms of profitability, I cannot see such reason how stable coins can provide opportunities. If you buy a known stable coins and its value isn't changing in time, I think you just like keeping your money in the bank to save and protect it.

▃ ▄ Ternion  ▀▄▀  Ternion | Hybrid Crypto Exchange with fiat gateway ◥◤ ICO Start: 01 OCT 2018 (http://www.Ternion.io/)
Itsmylife

Activity: 1002
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 01:09:32 AM

I think stable coin bring the most important thing is create a measure of intermediate value, which help altcoins do not depend too much on the value of bitcoin.
nonbody

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

2local[IEO] - https://2local.io/

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 02:54:43 AM

My idea is that if an organization or organization wants to issue a stable currency, it must have strong funds behind it to support it, otherwise it will be easy to break the situation when it is online.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄████████████████████▄
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░████████
▐█████▄████████░░███████▌
████████▀▀██████░░████████
████████▄▄█████░░░████████
██████████████░░░█████████
▐███████▀░░░░░░▄█████████▌
██████▀▐███████████████
░░▀███░░░░░░░░░░░░░████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

2local
Sustainability and Prosperity.
Pre sale is going on
...J O I N...
...Whitepaper...
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄████████████████████▄
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░████████
▐█████▄████████░░███████▌
████████▀▀██████░░████████
████████▄▄█████░░░████████
██████████████░░░█████████
▐███████▀░░░░░░▄█████████▌

I   E   O IN Livecoin.net  Probit  P2pPb2b from 11/02/2020
2local Sale
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 03:08:28 AM

is it not "undermining" them if every exchange launches their own? is there any reason for it?  Huh
It is not.

I don't know the sole reason but the competition is extending up to that point, they aren't only into operation but also with the coin that they are producing. Which causes them to think that they have come up with a better coin that has the solution to its current problem.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Endikadija

Activity: 1458
Merit: 509

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 03:56:23 AM

It is not.

I don't know the sole reason but the competition is extending up to that point, they aren't only into operation but also with the coin that they are producing. Which causes them to think that they have come up with a better coin that has the solution to its current problem.

In fact, they have come with the same idea without any differences. None of them even publish their audit if each of their coins backed by a real dollar. This is why the price of the stable coin can go even lower. Remember when tether and any other stable coin go below $1. Just like $0.9 for example and it doesn't make sense.
disconnectme

Activity: 1876
Merit: 512

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 04:04:13 AM

A lot. I for one believe Tether has done so much for the space than people are giving it credit form, if you look at the success rate of Tether and that of BTC it has a positive correlation and because people see it as a cool money and what do you do to have a cut of the marketshare, FUS the project. I know for sure that Tether do not have all the billions of USD in their account but I know they have a sufficient amount to support the marketcap and that is how a banking system work, how many Stablecoins in the space now has open up their account to public, for what I know none so far

█ ▀  ▄
  ▄ █  █▌ 
▄    █
        ███
                  ▀▀▀▀▀██
         ███          ███
      ███     【】     ███
   ███   【】【】   ███
██▀           █  █         ▀██         
█▄          █  █        ▄██
   ███       █  █     ███
      ███   █  ███ 
         ███    █    ███
            ███   ███

.T o o l K i t z A I .Break The Barrier.

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██