Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:23:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin as an example of true democracy ?  (Read 1117 times)
andylioe78

Activity: 267
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 01:55:36 AM

The user does not need to answer what he says that the decentralization of bitcoin is an example of democracy because transactions are faster than traditional banking or payment systems because there are no third parties because they are not regulated by the government.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Snowflower11

Activity: 70
Merit: 4

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 02:25:54 AM

Yes I would like to call it financial democracy, in democracy people are free to chose any govt so as in Bitcoin structure people are free to do financial transactions w/o any third party involved due to its decentralize structure. I see it as tough competition to financial dictatorship controlled by big financial institutions.

I think bitcoin is the kind of money that expresses the desire for economic human rights. One problem that we are never satisfied about is the government's management of money and inflation. It is good that bitcoin has a finite number and it can not be printed as much as paper money
bitfocus

Activity: 532
Merit: 15

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 11:14:26 AM

Yes, Agreed, Bitcoin is an example of Economic Democracy and Freedom. And due to it's decentralized nature, Bitcoin can literally free us from government spying and control.
loveinberlin

Activity: 336

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 12:53:27 PM

I think that the term of true democracy is a difficult one but as for me btc can be called like this and can be such example because it is confidential and can provide its users with the anonymity
jademaxxiss012

Activity: 308
Merit: 15

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2018, 12:56:05 PM

Democracy refers to freedom. We all have freedom but it doesnt have absolute freedom where we can do whatever we like to do. The same as with cryptocurrency we are all free on what to do but things have limitations also. There rules that has been set for the betterment of the community of cryptocurrency. so bitcoin does not imply true freedom.
Marbelli

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

EndChain - Complete Logistical Solution

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 12:59:40 PM

and there is. Bitcoin gives us the freedom to which we aspired all the time. I believe that in the near future we will see how most people will support cryptocurrency and Bitcoin

EndChain - Complete logistical solution for all markets and supply chains
ICO Start: Dec 1, 2018 (https://endchain.io/)
sumangs

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 01:07:39 PM

Yes it makes us free from some value added tax when using it as a payment method. Until governments want to regulate it. Not an absolute democracy since they limit its potential by like I said, regulating it. The holders should fight for its pure decentralization since for some several years its "democracy" will slowly lose its touch.
lyks15

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 01:28:23 PM

I think bitcoin is not right example of democracy because all we know that the real meanubg democracy is freedom. And all the power is on netizen. But in terms in bitcoin all we know that there is no one have a power. Bitcoin has no power even in a legalization talk. I think we can compare bitcoin in democracy in terms of unemployment and poverty. Bitcoin can make us free and far from unemployment and poverty because bitcoin can give us an income. So in that situation we can say that bitcoin is an example of democracy but in a literal comparison as examole I think it's a NO.

▼                          NΛTURΛL8       MAKING POKER FUN AGAIN                        ▼
►          $500k Rush & Cash Monthly   |   200% First Deposit   |   $150k Short Deck Hold'em          ◄
▲          [   ● FACEBOOK   ]     Download The App Here     [     ● TWITTER     ]          ▲
Periodik

Activity: 1022
Merit: 256

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 01:36:06 PM

Democracy is truly a very broad term which could be used in a thousand of ways to support or refute what Bitcoin is promoting. However, as for me, I would prefer to stick to the fact that democracy represents the majority. And the majority is a representation of a desire to emancipate themselves from the claws of the rich and the powerful few. Bitcoin is on their side.
Juggy777

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 01:40:23 PM

Bitcoin is created mainly for ordinary people to make transactions without third parties and that payments would be anonymous ! Bitcoin frees humanity from the control of your personal money from the global States. It shows the true face of world democracy and frees us from dictators who think they are kings !
Do you agree ? Share your opinion friends.
Everything peace !

While one can say to a certain extent that bitcoins does represents democracy, but I would not say it represents 100% democracy. In case you have forgotten democracy stems from a centralised figure or an institution, bitcoin in it's nature is a decentralised currency. It's true no one controls it, but when it comes to a fork there's not much of a consensus which leads to infighting, and everyone wants to control it, hence I say bitcoins represents partial democracy which I feel is good for it's growth.
giantrobot

Activity: 564

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 01:57:04 PM

Exactly so, that is the purpose created by Bitcoin. Bitcoin was born to serve the Blockchain technology, which has special properties and is much more convenient than traditional coins. The decentralization is the most special. In addition, Bitcoin deals quickly and tax is less than traditional deals.
panganib999

Activity: 1736
Merit: 589

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2018, 02:01:57 PM

Bitcoin is created mainly for ordinary people to make transactions without third parties and that payments would be anonymous ! Bitcoin frees humanity from the control of your personal money from the global States. It shows the true face of world democracy and frees us from dictators who think they are kings !
Everything peace !
Bitcoin really is a democratic currency since we trader, user, holder and investor are the ones who's responsible to its price. The decentralization of bitcoin made the people centralized and so the government are sort of against with it. But since we are being governed by different sectors bitcoin just a means of payment and no one can really say its universal currency.
sinkfish

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 02:21:57 PM

Everything peace !

too bad bitcoin are not scale able. eventually bitcoin base economy will hit the ceiling. by the time bitcoin become scarce. whoever own the most bitcoin will become king. it will set us back to imperialism age. 
javadsalehi

Activity: 364
Merit: 13

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 02:29:36 PM

Everything peace !

When we use fiat, we only have some papers which their value is determined by governments and central banks. We are not owner of money. Banks can easily block our accounts. So, what you said is right.
beami

Activity: 602

VANM - VIRAL ADVERTISING NETWORK MINING

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 02:37:44 PM

One opportunity in managing personal assets and bitcoin gives this to all holders so that they are free to decide on transactions. If in a bank, they manage our deposits and will be subject to taxes and deductions that may be a burden on us.

th3nolo

Activity: 1232
Merit: 669

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 10:29:05 PM

Democracy is truly a very broad term which could be used in a thousand of ways to support or refute what Bitcoin is promoting. However, as for me, I would prefer to stick to the fact that democracy represents the majority. And the majority is a representation of a desire to emancipate themselves from the claws of the rich and the powerful few. Bitcoin is on their side.

Bitcoin It's a great example of democracy but I don't think everybody opinions are always right. You should take in mind that worlds wars happened because a majority of people in some countries agreed with an idea.

▄██▄
   ▄██▄      ▀█▀▀     ▄██▄
   ▀██▀▄  ▄▄█████▄▄  ▐███▀
       ███████████████
      ████████▀▄▄▄▀████
 ▄▄  ▐███▀▄▀██▄▀▀▀▄█████  ▄▄
████▀█████▄███▀▀█████ ██▀████
 ▀▀  ▐███▄███ ██ ████ █▌  ▀▀
      ▀████▄██▄▄███▀▄█▀
    ▄▄ █▀██████▀▄▄▄█▀█ ▄▄
   ████▀   ▀▀▀█▀▀▀   ▐████
    ▀▀       ▄██▄      ▀▀
             ▀██▀
⟩ ⟩ ⟩             ▄▄▄
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█   █▄
 █           ▀▀▀  █
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▄
█ ▄▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▀█ █
█ █ █       █    █ ▄
█ █ ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄    █ █
█ █ ▀▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄ █ █
█ █ █   █  ██  █ █ █
█ █ ▄▀▀▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▀ █ █
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
⟩ ⟩ ⟩       ▄████▄  ▄████▄
      ████████████████
      ████████████████
       ██████████████
        ▀██████████▀
██        ▀██████▀        ██
██▌   ▄            ▄   ▐██
███  ███▄          ▄███  ███
▀███▄ ▀███▄      ▄███▀ ▄███▀
  ▀████████      ████████▀
     ▀████▀      ▀████▀
     ▄   ▄▄      ▄▄   ▄
     ▀█████      █████▀
coinholic

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2018, 11:52:53 PM

Well, since Bitcoin is decentralized, I guess we can call it a democratic form of payment between two individuals or entities without any third party. A great vision conceptualized and materialize by one of the greatest minds that have ever lived! Bravo to you Satoshi!

mutrang23

Activity: 484

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 11:59:21 PM

Everything peace !
Bitcoin is very transparent in transactions because you can do the whole thing easily and it can not happen fraud. Everyone can use so everything becomes equal to Bitcoin. Bitcoin does not have too many rules and personal anonymity to help users secure their identity.
AiBBio

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 12:00:36 AM

I think that this is because of its decentralized structure. However, there are some differences between democracy and not being the center of economy. Democracy is all about administration. It must be a matter of choice. I think we can give Bitcoin an example of democracy in economic structure.
aray80

Activity: 420

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 03:32:17 AM

bitcoin exemplifies the element of democracy to its users in terms of freedom in controlling price movements when rising and falling to make transactions without third parties and the nature of their decentralization
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: