Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:40:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: problem with electrum, transaction not confirmed?  (Read 150 times)
gabriel390302 (OP)

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 02:08:23 PM

Hi, i just send a transaction of 0.00012 bitcoin, and a fee of 200 satoshis, and now appears only unconfirmed, two hours and still nothing, i think i gonna change my wallet, anyone know how fix this pls? Embarrassed
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mocacinno
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4919

https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2018, 02:14:23 PM

Hi, i just send a transaction of 0.00012 bitcoin, and a fee of 200 satoshis, and now appears only unconfirmed, two hours and still nothing, i think i gonna change my wallet, anyone know how fix this pls? Embarrassed

Well, there are 2 possibility's:
1) your transaction IS unconfirmed
2) your transaction is confirmed, but there's a problem with your wallet (depends on which wallet you're using)

The first possibility is the most likely. The fee isn't based on the value of the transaction, but on it's size (in bytes). A transaction using 4 inputs of 0.0001 BTC and one output is much larger than a transaction using 1 input of 100 BTC and one output (given they're the same kind of transaction: P2SH, P2PKH, segwit,...)... So the first transaction has a value of 0.0001 BTC but needs a fee that's about 3-4 times higher than the second transaction with a value of 100 BTC.
At any rate, a 200 sat fee seems low to me... even if you are using a wallet that's natively using bech23 addresses and only have one input and one output.

Your options:
1) waiting it out
2) bump the fee (if the tx was opt-in RBF)
3) a CPFP
4) double spending the inputs of the unconfirmed tx
5) paying a miner to include your tx in the block he's currently working on (only works if the miner solves this block, don't pay some random dude that's trying to convince you he'll mine the transaction for you... Most of these guys are scammers)

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Rath_
aka BitCryptex
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 3131

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 02:16:05 PM

It looks like there has been a spike in the number of transactions recently. The recommended transaction fee is 12 sat/byte which for an average transaction (1 input, 1 output) is about 2300 satoshis. It is ten times more than what you have paid. What wallet are you using? I would recommend you either Electrum or Bitcoin Core if you prefer software wallets. Your transaction will be confirmed but you have to wait a few more hours.
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 03:06:25 PM

If you are manually put the 200 sat as your fee without using the dynamic fee or the slide button there's a possibility that your transaction can be confirmed slow.
If you have lots inputs in your transaction and pay a low fee expect for slow transaction.

If you have some extra bitcoin you can increase the transaction fee by "child pays for parent".

Electrum is the best wallet honestly and I use it for along time never had any issue except for slow transaction but you can increase your transaction and fix your issue.
gabriel390302 (OP)

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 03:27:28 PM

Thanks all awsering me =) i'm using electrum, i used for a lot of months, with the lowest transaction, and never got this problem i used high values than 0.0001 to send, but this day when i tried send a small value i got this problem, still stuck
https://www.imageupload.co.uk/images/2018/11/12/unconfirmed.png
where is this child pays for parent"? i tried increase but still one satoshi per/b
Rath_
aka BitCryptex
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 3131

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 04:16:56 PM

Thanks all awsering me =) i'm using electrum, i used for a lot of months, with the lowest transaction, and never got this problem

As I wrote above, due to the increase of transactions, the fees have gone up significantly.

where is this child pays for parent"? i tried increase but still one satoshi per/b

Which version of Electrum do you have? The latest one should have Replace-By-Fee enabled by default. After clicking "Increase fee" you should see a slider which will allow you to set a higher transaction fee. There are currently 5 thousand unconfirmed transactions so it's slowly getting better. If it isn't urgent, wait a couple of hours and your transaction will be confirmed.
gabriel390302 (OP)

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 05:03:06 PM

Done, one confirmation waiting the others, but the site needs only one Thanks all =) and yes i go continue using electrum, is my favorite wallet
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: