Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 05:36:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WHICH CONCEPTS WOULD YOU HIGHLIGHT THE MOST WHILE EXPLAINING BITCOIN?  (Read 346 times)
Anonimous Smoker (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 05:21:48 PM

Fellows, I've been trying to find a good way to explain Bitcoin's functioning logic to people that are not familiarized with this technology, and I'd like to hear from you guys: if you had the task of explaining BTC to someone, what concepts would you highlight the most?  Huh
Marcel666

Activity: 266
Merit: 2

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 05:58:02 PM

I think decentralization is the most important factor and to explain that you'd need to analyse the block ledger system.
It's lack of control.
It's immutable data
The function and usefulness and miners.
The speed and cost of transactions.
It's neutrality and open source codes.

||   ICONIQ HOLDING   ||
The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem, Powered by the ICNQ Token
joeperry

Activity: 2128
Merit: 465

Telegram: @jperryC

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 06:25:38 PM

Probably saying as a virtual money which you can send and receive in a matter of time. This is the best way to explain it to unfamiliar persons and also this concept might be the best way in order to explain it (according to my opinion) since it's the use of the bitcoin isn't?

dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1353

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 07:30:38 PM

Most people are still confused by the 'decentralized' nature of bitcoin, so in order for them to be more curious, I'll just say that there isn't a central authority issuing bitcoins, unlike the money that they are using today. So, this would be what I'll tell them: Bitcoin is digital money, but unlike your 'real' money, no central authority issues it, just a group of people with the hardware capabilities to 'mint' new bitcoins by solving complex puzzles. They'd be more interested on the "no central authority" phrase rather than "decentralized" trust me.

Coyster
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1260

Life's but a walking shadow!

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 07:47:28 PM

Bitcoin mining is a gray area to newcomers on the network,and even those who've been on the system for a while,its not so easy to understand how bitcoin mining works
So if I'm to talk to someone about bitcoin's functioning,i suppose the first question I'll be asked is how are bitcoin transactions confirmed,how can I purchase bitcoins..
Which inevitably will lead to explaining bitcoin mining,as this stage were bitcoin transactions are confirmed by miners,and this miners confirm this transaction by solving a cryptographic puzzle,and the first miner to solve this puzzle gets rewarded with bitcoins and/or transactions fees, and the transaction gets moved over to another block,till the block confirmations are complete

But also to take note that once the transaction has been confirmed by one miner(one block confirmation),such transactions cannot be undone
Sandus_Cryptolover

Activity: 482
Merit: 3

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 07:59:05 PM

Fellows, I've been trying to find a good way to explain Bitcoin's functioning logic to people that are not familiarized with this technology, and I'd like to hear from you guys: if you had the task of explaining BTC to someone, what concepts would you highlight the most?  Huh

It is Decentralised implying:

1. that you get the tasks (transactions) done yourself and do not need anyone or agent to approve it before it's been confirmed. Thus making you, your own boss.

2. It cannot be hacked since no central system is available to be attacked.

[ M O B U ] The Investment Bank of the Future
The Security Token Protocol and Licensed Security Token Exchange
https://mobu.io/
bigmaster23

Activity: 518
Merit: 106

WWW.BLOCKCHAIN021.COM

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 08:04:30 PM

The only thing I highlight the most using this crypto called (btc) is that way back 2013 i can't sent files over the Internet and receive money luckily i found bitcoin, bitcoin was the first peer to peer network that i trust for sending money it saved me lot of waiting line and hours of filming by that i can simply transfer the files and receive the payment via btc.

Baofeng
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1666

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 11:55:03 PM

I would say that "you can be your own bank". I think people will be curious about that one and maybe you can strike few conversations about bitcoin and the rest of cryptoverse. There will be questions no doubt, but you need to explain it at least in layman's term like decentralization, blockchains and of course wallets and privatekey. But its a good ice-breaker and attention worthy. I have tried this once while me and some of my neighbours were just sitting one afternoon and the discussions/debates/arguments went on till the early morning.  Grin

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
ambisyon

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 12:10:41 PM

I would have to say that one of the best concepts of btc that it can offer to the people is your capital investment with good marginal profit and a faster payment transaction it can offer. BTC can offer high return of investment in due time if invested in longer period once it could pump high in the market. Btc  being a digital currency is the first ever digital currency to make it more useful to people where it can make transaction peer to peer without any third party to work with the transactions.

REME-COIN ● Marketplace with up to 100% Cashback
▬▬ ● ● ICO (PRE-SALE) START: 2 MAY 2018 ● ● ▬▬ (https://www.remecoin.io/)
sunsilk

Activity: 2926
Merit: 620

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 01:25:02 PM

I'll highlight these features of bitcoin;

- an alternative to PayPal and other payment processor
- cheaper fees
- fast confirmation
- decentralized
- an investment itself
- you hold your own money

FunGate

Activity: 105
Merit: 4

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 04:18:29 PM

Long story short, it gives you the possibility of being your own bank with may more efficiency and it's much cheaper.
XCANA

Activity: 1456
Merit: 148

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 04:29:07 PM

Candidly speaking mate, the very best explanation i can give when ask to explain Bitcoin thus will be:
Bitcoin is very cheap and efficient in transactions process.
Bitcoin be the mainstream manifestation of the Blockchain. 
Methods of buy and sell of Bitcoin with ease on exchanges.

gudjhonson

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 04:38:37 PM

Explain that bitcoin is an online transaction tool, so everyone must be able to mine to get bitcoin so that it can be used for transactions via the internet. Nowadays internet technology has expanded and many people can get involved in the internet.

▄▄▄        WINDHAN        |   RENEWABLE ENERGY PROJECT   ▄▄▄
||███    (((  Pre-Sale is Live  )))  ▐ ███  JOIN NOW   ███ ▌    ███||
Whitepaper  |  OnePager  |  ANN  |  Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Telegram
[ProTrader]

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 05:46:47 PM

I will highlight the fiat inflation compared to Bitcoin. I also emphasize the government and the banks that controls our transaction everytime we send or receive the money. I also tell them that your money is controlled by banks and not by them when they put their money in the bank.
arpon11

Activity: 882
Merit: 282

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 06:17:12 PM

The most important features or characteristics that I have see and understand is decentraliziation!  Bitcoin is decentralized and that makes me and you to become our own bank.  Humanity has never had this type of technology before were I can pay for goods and services without a third party knowledge.  This is the most beautiful thing that has happened in this generation.
Bitcoin through it decentralized nature also provide freedom as the governments has no control over our financial activities and systems and our financial destiny is not going to be controlled by governments laws but by mathematical laws and technology.
cynical

Activity: 490
Merit: 136

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 06:49:19 PM

When explaining bitcoin to someone who didnt previously know about it i always pointed out the fact that bitcoin users are in control of their own finances, no middleman needed when sending funds to someone else.
I always have to point out bitcoins security and how it has never been hacked.

████          O W N R   W A L L E T          ████   VISA PREPAID CARD    ████  Use crypto to pay in stores with OWNR  ████
❱❱❱❱ ❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱     Buy, send, receive and exchange crypto        VISA   mastercard   SPA   UnionPay     ❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰ ❰❰❰❰
BLOG       TWITTER     ██ █▌█ ▌     Manage crypto and VISA card in OWNR Wallet app    ▐ █▐█ ██     REDDIT   YOUTUBE
Jeffry-Robertson

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 09:13:26 PM

Most people are still confused by the 'decentralized' nature of bitcoin, so in order for them to be more curious, I'll just say that there isn't a central authority issuing bitcoins, unlike the money that they are using today. So, this would be what I'll tell them: Bitcoin is digital money, but unlike your 'real' money, no central authority issues it, just a group of people with the hardware capabilities to 'mint' new bitcoins by solving complex puzzles. They'd be more interested on the "no central authority" phrase rather than "decentralized" trust me.
This is a great way to explain bitcoin to anyone new to it or basically anyone who is not yet familiar with it. I'm going to use this! Thanks.
pavka

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

The New Pharma-Centric Marketplace

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 09:20:08 PM

I remembered how, a few years ago, my friend explained to me what bitcoin is, then I was most concerned about the question of what bitcoin gives me, I think that today it is very important for all newbies.

Trade Pharma Network     │  New Pharma-Centric Marketplace
[   PRIVATE SALE   ]      │      WHITEPAPER
Linkedin        ⚫ Facebook        ⚫ Twitter        ⚫ Telegram
James_Cline

Activity: 85
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 12:17:35 AM

I’d highlight these bitcoin features:
-Bitcoin working under the blockchain technology, which is decentralized in nature.
-Compared to other virtualized transactions such as PayPal or credit card payments, Bitcoin comes with a lesser transaction fee
-Currently, hundreds of merchants accept Bitcoin payments. People are more familiar Bitcoin more than the other currencies.
-Privacy and anonymity
-Its scarcity makes it precious
libert19

Activity: 2506
Merit: 945

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2018, 01:25:15 AM
Last edit: November 14, 2018, 01:36:45 AM by libert19

Cheaper and faster transaction: Suppose, you are trying to send money to someone abroad, then fees will be mere cents and money will be sent in few minutes, plus no legal hassle as well.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███