Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 02:34:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Bitcoin SV grow fast in the first month? Will itbe possible to exchange it?  (Read 167 times)
danimont58 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 09:15:44 PM

I'm thinking if it's a good idea to buy Bitcoin Cash before it's hard-fork, in which will create Bitcoin SV. My purpose is to hold in btc SV, and exchange it to Bitcoin Cash or btc after the price growth. And I'm in doubt about if will be possible to exchange other cryptos to SV in your first days.  Huh
MadGamer
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1031

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 09:16:15 AM

Poloniex and HitBtc already have them listed as IOU (Futures) so I'm pretty sure they'll be available as soon as the fork happens.

Bitcoin ABC is the likely to take over in the long term though as it has both Roger ver and Jihan behind them but If you take look at the price right now and you take Bitcoin SV + ABC prices together, you'll basically get Bitcoin cash current price. It might be a better idea to hold and see how things go.
dewildance

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 09:18:10 AM

Bitcoin Cash was important because it was the first project to leave Bitcoin. No fork coins from behind was so valuable. I don't think SV would be valuable.
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 10:06:59 AM

at this point bitcoin SV is an airdrop so you shouldn't buy the airdrop. instead if you want to buy anything you should buy the  coin that can give you the free airdrop coin and that coin is bitcoin cash.

but be very careful because you are taking a very big risk and that risk grows bigger with every day that we get closer to this fork because the price is reaching its max thanks to the hype and the dump is imminent.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
bellamente

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2018, 10:15:25 AM

Fork Bitcoin cash is a very dangerous thing, but I think some people will make a lot of money on it.

Now, few exchanges accept Bitcoin SV, but that may change.

Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 12:11:12 PM

no it is not a good idea to buy it in my opinion mostly because some exchanges out there started their markets for this coin that is not yet released as a futures market. and that has always been very bad for new altcoins because it stops them from getting that initial big pump they sometimes have and they are forced to start from a much lower price and then get a bigger dump since people would have more of it to dump as the market really starts.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
faceoff97

Activity: 644
Merit: 113

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 10:24:06 AM

I'm thinking if it's a good idea to buy Bitcoin Cash before it's hard-fork, in which will create Bitcoin SV. My purpose is to hold in btc SV, and exchange it to Bitcoin Cash or btc after the price growth. And I'm in doubt about if will be possible to exchange other cryptos to SV in your first days.  Huh
If you need block Explorer for Bitcoin SV. This would be helpful: https://bsvexplorer.info/
danimont58 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 05, 2019, 05:28:45 PM

Thanks for replying, I could not reply back sooner. It looks like the currency started close to $90 on the hard-fork, but today it's at $67. for me it does not seem like a good investment.
Poloniex and HitBtc already have them listed as IOU (Futures)
will that be why the coinmarketcap chart shows the price of Bitcoin SV since November 8, and not since the hard-fork date, 15?

what about bitcoin ABC? It's ended? The coinmarketcap chart ends on November 19.

no it is not a good idea to buy it in my opinion mostly because some exchanges out there started their markets for this coin that is not yet released as a futures market. and that has always been very bad for new altcoins because it stops them from getting that initial big pump they sometimes have and they are forced to start from a much lower price and then get a bigger dump since people would have more of it to dump as the market really starts.
very interesting this reasoning. Makes sense, I had not thought of that before.
If you need block Explorer for Bitcoin SV. This would be helpful: https://bsvexplorer.info/
Thank you, it will be very useful if I use this coin in the future.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: