Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 03:36:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: AI can help web search engines  (Read 167 times)
rjensen91 (OP)

Activity: 22
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 09:51:32 PM

Together with the crypto market growing, scams and fake website have also started to pop up more and more.
With all the innovation and tech at hand today, do you see a possibility to use AI to filter genuine websites based on user opinion and can sort them out on the basis of customer satisfaction and product quality?

Coinifyx

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

Personal Text

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 10:05:57 PM

New service websites do a lot of fake good reviews and those who are legit and established sometime get really bad reviews, I don't trust customer reviews as a way to determine the quality

For example take a look at PokerStars reviews, despite being the most trusteworthy service for playing poker it gets a lot of bad reviews from losers who think the game is rigged against them

Use your brain don't let someone(or something) else think for you

Nothing to say
Luke_Turner

Activity: 76

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 02:06:03 AM

Dude, you don't need AI for this. The best way to combat fake news, information and websites is to do your own research before purchasing something on the internet. Just because we can doesn't mean we should.
Instoken_Official

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2018, 04:50:36 AM

While AI can probably help now that machine learning shows so much potential, people should learn to do it themselves too. Just like how children should learn mathematics even though there are computers and calculators that can draw charts and make models. The purpose is to learn new skills and make you think more effectively/critically.

On a related note, here are 3 posts that deals with spotting fake/scam ICOs:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4586576.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4981560.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5004397.0
thirsten

Activity: 28
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 08:59:53 AM

I don't think there's ever a way to be 100% certain that whatever you're reading is true. Most of life is subjective anyways, in my opinion. There are an infinite amount of ways to interpret the same thing. What's "true" to one person may be complete drivel to someone else. AI would still be programmed by humans with their own agendas..

As the general infrastructure in the technologically advanced world progresses from centralized to decentralized, determining fact from fiction won't be as much of an issue, as the public will have control over what takes place online. It would be a true democracy and people would be rewarded for truth.
primer61

Activity: 98

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 05:22:14 PM

Yep, I think it`ll actually help a lot. It may at the very least compare the news from different sources - do basic fact checking instead of us.
AI will be able to do it much faster than we can, and being a mere machine it is unbiased towards any particular source. This info will be 100% objective.
At the same time, I don`t delieve we really need actual AI for this task: some rather complicated and well-thought analysis algorythms may suffice.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: