Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 07:04:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin for the people or for the corporations?  (Read 3046 times)
blocklancer8

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2018, 06:13:33 AM

In my opinion, we don't need to worry about that, because bitcoin was created for everyone and everyone is free to use it, including companies that use this bitcoin. Everyone and company know that bitcoin is very good if used or adopted because it has a bright future and of course it will be good for you and me as someone who understands the existence of bitcoin.

kaasy.ai        Artificial Intelligence Algorithms on Blockchain                                               Knowledge As A Service +
                        Public ICO is live!        BUY KAAS TOKEN NOW                                         Distributed Infrastructure As A Service
Whitepaper     Telegram     2-Pages Paper     Twitter     Facebook     Discord     BTC ANN          = Plug-and-play skills, on demand
Farahtenan

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 06:46:09 AM

Bitcoin is here to be able to grow and people can manage themselves without interference from other parties, besides that the owner of the bitcoin is anonymous. We cannot know how many holders have assets because there is no clear list. If the company wants to have bitcoin, then this will be a little troublesome, because it can only be held by one account.
Gloverwrt

Activity: 126
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 06:54:35 AM

Bitcoin's original whitepaper presents Bitcoin as a 'peer-to-peer payment network' this signifies connecting individuals from all over the world together through the blockchain technology.
The blockchain is neutral and does not recognize individuals or cooperatios. Of course a large transaction made by a cooperation could greatly tip the price either way (a large transaction made by an individual would do exactly the same)
It is a neutral and open system
I would say, Bitcoin was made for everyone willing to take control of their assets.
clonely

Activity: 490

SEND AND RECEIVE MONEY INSTANTLY

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 07:01:41 AM

When Bitcoin and other crypto-currencies first came out, everyone were saying that it was for the people to get their financial freedom. Now, it seems like it's being taken over by big financial institutions. Should we be worried?

It is not easy to realize this sort of thing globally yet. We will see in the future but not yet.

Crafts12

Activity: 405
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 07:08:22 AM

When Bitcoin and other crypto-currencies first came out, everyone were saying that it was for the people to get their financial freedom. Now, it seems like it's being taken over by big financial institutions. Should we be worried?

Bitcoin is a currency. It was created to be like that and for currency it means that businesses, corporations, people, companies, and so on can use it in any ways. Bitcoin can be own by all whether it is people or corporations. If it is use for corporation then it only proves that bitcoin is now becoming more successful nowadays.

jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 07:16:29 AM

There seem to be a lot of people who are confused with the concept of financial freedom. This is what financial freedom/independence means:

Financial independence is a state in which an individual or household has sufficient wealth to live on without having to depend on income from some form of employment.

Bitcoin obviously doesn't provide that unless it can go on an eternal bull run.

The term you're looking for is financial inclusion:

Financial inclusion is where individuals and businesses have access to useful and affordable financial products and services that meet their needs that are delivered in a responsible and sustainable way. Financial inclusion is defined as the availability and equality of opportunities to access financial services.

Either way, Bitcoin is just money. People have gone on to associate itself with freedom, etc., but the truth is that whoever holds it is irrelevant. It functions the same way all the same.

BuyBuyBitcoin

Activity: 126
Merit: 29

Get Maximalist or Get Wrecked

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2018, 07:50:18 AM

Also, the fact there are no capital controls with bitcoin make it more "financially free" than many nations.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capital_control
Capital controls are residency-based measures such as transaction taxes, other limits, or outright prohibitions that a nation's government can use to regulate flows from capital markets into and out of the country's capital account.

It is also an offset for inflation that fiat currencies are subject to.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inflation
The negative effects of inflation include an increase in the opportunity cost of holding money, uncertainty over future inflation which may discourage investment and savings, and if inflation were rapid enough, shortages of goods as consumers begin hoarding out of concern that prices will increase in the future. Positive effects include reducing unemployment due to nominal wage rigidity

Avoiding ICO's and Shitcoins | Finding where people can Buy Bitcoin Around the World.
bdc2343

Activity: 296

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 08:21:23 AM

It is not easy to realize this sort of thing globally yet. We will see in the future but not yet.

It does not matter to me that organizations have gone too far. But in my opinion, we should still follow the organization is the safest, because once something happens the person who will be here will be but that person is not us, right? Grin

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
▪  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy  ▪
▄▄█▀▀      Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  GitHub      ▀▀█▄▄
qiman

Activity: 1036
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2018, 08:25:02 AM

Well now it is more for the big people. If you did not ge tin early enough or not stocked up enough BTC, you won't get rich from it anymore. I think though  if everyone tried to own one Bitcoin over the next two years, then there is hope that maybe a few years down the line you could partially retire form it, but I do not see it happening any time soon. Those that have made money from it were the early adopters and miners and those making money from it now are the bitfinex shorters who just day trade it and those with futures contracts. It is no longer now viable for the little Guys anymore.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1353

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 08:39:51 AM

Bitcoin is a free market, so why should one worry if the big corpo comes in and be a part of the ecosystem? AFAIK, these big corporations are part of the hype and excitement the masses have in joining bitcoin, so I'd take it that they are also contributing to the cause in their own way. While them owning a huge portion of the coins isn't ideal, every so often these coins are then returned to the market cyclically, so why worry at all? They make things happen as well with their promoted services, causing more interest in bitcoin in the long run.

thirsten

Activity: 28
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 09:07:56 AM

From an ideological standpoint, it's for the people. Most "corporations" are just juggernaut middlemen. That's how they earn their bread. Walmart, Amazon, Costco.

People buy from these places because they trust they're getting the lowest price. Once blockchain is mainstream for any and all transactions, you will be able to see the margins because the supply chain will be transparent.

The security thanks to things like escrow systems would make it so that you can skip the middleman and go right to the producer, taking complete monopolistic power away from any one entity and giving more opportunity to the individual.

The future economy will have no "owners" per se, in the form of governments or corporations.
pat4cryptoreal

Activity: 630
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 09:23:20 AM

The overall aim of creating bitcoin was not for poverty alleviation alone. Bitcoin have some many functions, Bitcoin can salvage financial challenges of an individaul, a country and a corporative by enabling smooth, fast and transparent financial transactions. 
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 09:24:31 AM

sometimes reading these topics i feel like some people are trying so hard to come up with some arbitrary question to ask here so that they have asked something. possibly to increase post count!

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
BagzMM

Activity: 378

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 10:28:33 AM

Bitcoin was largely created to serve as a currency which will facilitate easy payments and also enhance the payment systems of businesses, companies, institutions. If it is now being taken by these big corporations, it means a Bitcoin is still on track and achieving its purpose. More companies will soon integrate it into their payments once there is a competition set between the companies using Bitcoin and the non-using companies.
Yes i do agree on your statement, it means that bitcoin  caters a lot of people and as well as companies. Let us as just hope for the positive usage anywhere.
Twentyonepaylots

Activity: 1876
Merit: 370

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 10:38:02 AM

Are you serious op? This is a dumb question. It is obvious to everyone in the cryptocurrency world that Satoshi Nakomoto developed Bitcoin for the masses so that they can conduct financial transactions online without any sort of interference by the authorities.

Anyone with basic knowledge about Bitcoin understands this much. The primary reason why anyone decide to invest into this market in the first place is to earn profits without any outside interference in an anonymous manner.

This is how I got enticed by Bitcoin and decided to invest into this market and earned substantial profits without any sort of outside hassles.

We have different interpretation on the market after it was open to all,  Crypto currency market is Decentralized system in the market using digital transaction, we have now a lot of Big investors as posted in the market but again i see this positive reaction where crypto market activity has become more interesting as ever, Would you not consider your self as investors of Bitcoin whom become so popular and slowly gaining momentum on the possible Bull Run in the near future.
wongdeso

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 10:45:25 AM

Many are using bitcoin but for personal reasons, because bitcoin does have more value and benefits for us to have.
Even if this organization will use a personal account and be held by someone.
bitfocus

Activity: 532
Merit: 15

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 10:56:57 AM

more and more corporations are investing these days, but Bitcoin is actually being used more by individuals than corporations, so no worries.
olubams

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 11:02:55 AM

I want to believe that behind the corporations are the people who call the shots and make investment decisions on behalf of the corporations who would eventually be the ones receiving the benefit of such decisions should it turns out to be a profitable one. Which means, whether as individuals or hiding under the veil of incorporations, its still about the people which is what bitcoin was made for. The concern is always arising from the point of control or manipulations which is easier to be done on the basis of corporations compared to individuals.
ambisyon

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 11:12:10 AM

In my opinion, I believe that btc is for both people and corporations that believe in the capability of btc and it's application to their business ventures. In most of the case,  btc cryptocurrency is well adopted by many people in terms of day trading, short term and long term  investment. I believe that btc becomes more popular to the people probably because it can offer profitability with respect to investment and convenient when doing payment transactions.

REME-COIN ● Marketplace with up to 100% Cashback
▬▬ ● ● ICO (PRE-SALE) START: 2 MAY 2018 ● ● ▬▬ (https://www.remecoin.io/)
nazaididuan1

Activity: 350
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 11:41:22 AM

BTC can be used by any individual or organization!
The biggest difference between Bitcoin and other virtual currencies is that their total quantity is very limited and extremely scarce.
People firmly believe that holding BTC will change the present life!

⮘Pre-ICO Start - 27.04.2018⮚ ⮘https://wbb.io/⮚
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: