Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 05:32:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Microchipping Humans  (Read 167 times)
encester (OP)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 09:52:47 AM

Recently The Guardian reported that employees in the UK might get microchipped. Of course, this created an alarm within the employees. But technology is advancing and developing. What do you feel about having a microchip embedded into your body? Could it be possible that one day we will all be microchipped?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Christopher_Hayes

Activity: 68

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 10:17:44 AM

Depends on what the purpose of the microchip is. What does it do? How much does it cost? Will it have adverse effect in the long run? Will it give me long life? If there's a viable answer to all these, then hell yeah, I'm getting microchipped. If there's no real use to it, then I'm not wasting money for it.
Nayem01536

Activity: 280

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2018, 06:53:29 PM

A human microchip implant is typically an identifying integrated circuit device or RFID transponder encased in silicate glass and implanted in the body of a human being. This type of subdermal implant usually contains a unique ID number that can be linked to information contained in an external database, such as personal identification, law enforcement, medical history, medications, allergies, and contact information.
puffy smoke

Activity: 31
Merit: 4

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 03:26:15 AM

Under no circumstance would I want to be microchipped. I value my privacy too much to want to be monitored by anybody else. Regardless what some may say about not being afraid of being chipped if you have nothing to hide, it's nobody's business to know if I'm in the bathroom or asleep in my bedroom...nobody's business. As to your question on whether there will come a time when we will all be microchipped, if people don't wake up to what those in power are planning behind closed doors we will succumb to their wishes and accept to be chipped.
Noojna

Activity: 687
Merit: 501

AVANTAGE - Blockchain Loyalty System

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2018, 07:40:50 AM

Recently The Guardian reported that employees in the UK might get microchipped. Of course, this created an alarm within the employees. But technology is advancing and developing. What do you feel about having a microchip embedded into your body? Could it be possible that one day we will all be microchipped?

What an awful idea! As my friend Puffy said, although I have nothing to hide, my location and personal data is no network's business!

███████████
  █████████████████████
                        ████████████████████████████                     
████             ███████████████        ███████████████             ███
  ███████       ███████████                              ██████████         ████
  ███████      ████████        ██████████████       ████████    ████████
   ██████    ████████        ██████████████████    ███████    ███████████
  ███████    ████████    ████████████████████  ████████  ██████████████
  ██████    ███████      ███████████            ██    ████████  ████████    █████
  ██████       ██████       ████████         ██████       ███████    ███████          █████
  ██████    ██████    ████████    ███████████████████  ████████  ███    █████
  ██████    ███████  ███████      ██████████████████    ████████  █████    █████
  ██████    ██████    ██████    ████████████████████    ██████     ██████    █████
  █████    ███████   ██████      ███████            ████████  ██████    ███████  █████
██████    ██████    ██████    ██████    ██████    ██████    ██████    ██████  █████
██████    ██████    ██████  ███████  ███████    ██████    ██████    ██████  █████
██████    ██████    ██████  ███████  ███████    ██████    ██████    ██████    ████
██████    ██████    ██████    ██████    ██████    ██████    ██████    ██████  █████
  █████    ███████  ██████       ██████               ███████  ██████       █████    █████
  ██████    ██████    ██████   ████████████████████   ██████    ██████    █████
  ██████    █████    ███████   ███████████████████   ██████       ██████    █████
███████    ██    ████████  ███████████████████      ███████   ██████    █████
  ██████          ███████    ████████  ████████      █████████    ███████    █████
███████    ████████   ███████                      ██████████      ███████    █████
  ██████████████      ███████  ████████████████████      ███████    ██████
  ████████████  █████████  ███████████████████      ████████    ██████
  ██████████  ████████     ████████████████         █████████    ██████
  ███████      ██████████                ██                ██████████      ██████
  █████           ██████████████            ██████████████           ████
  ███                   ██████████████████████████████                   █
  ███████████████████████
  ███████████████
🔥 🔥»📝 BTC 💬
alexandrea

Activity: 75
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 07:46:26 AM

I think this is already being done by some countries where in people inject some sort of capsulized microchip and they can use it as a form of RFID 
Lammie

Activity: 65
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2018, 09:33:36 AM

Absolutely not. Technology is advancing, but still so vulnerable these days. Nor would i ever, ever put any piece of government technology inside of me
LolaAnderson

Activity: 42

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 12:20:07 PM

I don't thinl it's a good idea. I don't want to be watched as the animal in the Zoo!!!!!!!! I think my private comfort is much important than scientific breakthrought) Huh
encester (OP)

Activity: 18

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 01:32:49 PM

Depends on what the purpose of the microchip is. What does it do? How much does it cost? Will it have adverse effect in the long run? Will it give me long life? If there's a viable answer to all these, then hell yeah, I'm getting microchipped. If there's no real use to it, then I'm not wasting money for it.

Here's the link to the news on The Guardian: https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2018/nov/11/alarm-over-talks-to-implant-uk-employees-with-microchips
Or this article here: https://www.tuc.org.uk/blogs/im-person-not-number-why-microchipping-staff-sinister-step-too-far

Read up and let me know if you'd allow yourself to be microchipped. Personally, I feel it's very invasive for those purposes.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: