Bitcoin Forum
June 09, 2024, 05:30:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is MVP required for your investment  (Read 315 times)
verita1

Activity: 1358
Merit: 81

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 07:27:13 PM

A minimum viable product (MVP) allows developers to demonstrate that their products have the minimum technical characteristics of functionality. It is what makes investors invest today.
I think the community should demand that projects now have an MVP. If we want to avoid Scam ICOs although it is not a guarantee at least we advance to the good development of our crypto world.

AgentZero23

Activity: 644
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2018, 07:30:02 PM

Do you trust more and ICO if they present a Minimum Product even if it has bugs? Do you look a the code repository before investing or you just look at ratings? You should not invest blindly!
I would preferred to have at least an MVP and much better if they have already a working product. The likes of MyCryptoBank, EOSex and Muusic.FM they have one thing in common they have a working product. If you gonna invest in some ICO's better choose the one who with real working product and developers with experienced in that industry.
Noobaru

Activity: 504
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2018, 11:36:35 PM

It is definitely better, if they already have the MVP before conducting ICO, but I have seen many projects having MVP and not reaching the softcap or their token crashed. I think it really comes down to the team. If the team is experienced, then they have a good chance in succeeding.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■       SKYNET.co       ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
iconoclast

Activity: 770
Merit: 102

Matrix Built On An Ethereum Smart Contract

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 11:48:24 PM

I don't think all that much of projects that release buggy MVP's just so they have something to show potential investors. I do check Github repositories to see what sort of work they have been doing on the project. It is my experience that projects that start building before asking for money are the ones that actually continue building after they get money.

GmBoom

Activity: 322
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2018, 06:59:45 AM

I still support it though it has seen many bugs because it will surely be fixed. Compared to those projects that is boasting that they have a good project with great features, but still don't have any Mvp, surely I don't invest in just saying that its good, its better to see it.

HARA │ Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
changxia

Activity: 294

Fast, Smart, Trustworthy

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 07:12:45 AM

We should not trust any rating sites because they may work for money. If we really need investment, then we should rely on increasing knowledge and communicating with other traders to draw conclusions!

FST Network   Fast, Smart, Trustworthy.   Bounty
Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
mistemb
Copper Member

Activity: 226
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 07:28:34 AM

MVP is a big + if you are going to invest into a project. do you like investing into a project that only has Whitepaper to present its costumer / investor? there is no guarantee that your investment is going to be worth it

anov996

Activity: 392

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 07:31:22 AM

Do you trust more and ICO if they present a Minimum Product even if it has bugs? Do you look a the code repository before investing or you just look at ratings? You should not invest blindly!
It's still MVP and that i suppose that is fine if that also includes a bug and it will be solved  presently. i will be able to try and inspect the however active the deveopers through use the code repository as a basic illustration.
Remember it is a dangerous issue to publish all of the codes contemplate there was a alot of chance that being taken to make another clone.
Nellayar

Activity: 868
Merit: 185

Roobet supporter and player!

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 07:36:01 AM

If a project does not have a product, it is just a simple research. Imagine, even a thesis has product. ICO's that has MVP are those who succeed more. That is the real fact in crypto industry. If you want a 70% assurance to your investment, you need to look for MVP than whitepaper. Ratings are just an added tools for the beauties of the project, it can be bought by developers.

vigmar

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 03:07:15 PM

If the project has an MVP, this means that you can begin to explore the project in more detail. The MVP is only one of the criteria for ICO selection.
guoyu78

Activity: 1190
Merit: 541

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 08:20:08 AM

Well it has no product than I wouldn't care about it too much, it doesn't have to have the product ready but at least some sort of proof that they can do what they are promising. I mean at least give us something to look at to know what type of thing you are doing. Would you invest into a house that is not built without even seeing a picture of what it will be like? I mean when buying a house is it too much to ask for a picture of what it will be like? I am not even talking about a model, just a picture.

Same thing here, if you want us to trust you and give you our money than even if the house is not there at least give us the picture of what we will have when its all funded. MVP is obviously a plus point but a bare minimum would be more than enough to know if I want to invest in it or not.
johnleo

Activity: 1414
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 09:06:49 AM

MVP ready during ICO is good sign for that project, and it is a proof that the developer make their job. In my personal review about ICO, I make it one of the highest signal for the best ICO.
markieeeloy

Activity: 296
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2018, 03:22:26 AM

Not much care for that because most of the project right now has still no mvp due to their lack of funds. That is why they intended to launch a tokensale to fund their project. But for those projects that already has an mvp, it will be a good advantage to them. Since they already have a working product, and they can attract more potential investors.

HARA │ Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
eagleman

Activity: 1190
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 03:30:45 AM

I would say its needed for an ICO to be trusted, they should show an MVP before they proceed to the next implementation that they want to do.

That's right, everyone should not invest blindly because its about your money.
orionluckyse7en

Activity: 728
Merit: 102

3D Logo & Animated Design Services PM me ;)

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 03:52:28 AM

I think an ico with a project that already has MVP will have added value, especially the issue of trust as one of the many requirements in consideration of investment. MVP is one proof that developers are working on something related to their project, even though it still has bugs and shortcomings. With these bugs, we can interact with the developers of the team, and we can see and assess the extent of their response and how it develops after that.

Checking the repository code is one of the considerations before investing while the rating should be an option. But remember, MVP is not a guarantee that a project will be successful and can also turn into a scam.
Always be smart and do deep research before investing.

◥◥ 3D Logo & Animated Design ◤◤
Trusted Easy Simple Satisfactory Guaranteed
More info contact Telegram
Shreek

Activity: 476
Merit: 112

IDENA.IO - Proof-Of-Person Blockchain

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 02:47:22 AM

it's true, MVP is not enough to be used as a benchmark to provide a sound decision in investing, but if the MVP is supported by several facts that allow the project to be related to the potential to become big, what is wrong with investing?

dumplingsandsushi

Activity: 476
Merit: 41

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2018, 02:52:10 AM

For me, even an mvp is not enough, there needs to be a beta product that I can actually test and use.
From what I've seen, an MVP is basically meaningless.
I have seen companies call a website an MVP or a couple of entries on github and mvp.
In all cases, there was nothing that could actually be seen or tested.
That is basically the same as not having a product at all, and I will never invest in something unless it can get to market.

For the tech footprint, I have relied on my network to help me out.
Since I don't have much tech knowledge, I pass on the info to my techie friends and they have a go at it.
I trust their judgement and it is very easy for them to spot something that has terrible tech.
In return, they come to me with help with contact in Asia and especially the chinese market.

nreal

Activity: 932
Merit: 100

arcs-chain.com

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 03:50:25 AM

Of course, a project with MVP is more reliable than a project with nothing, MVP is an important criterion, but certainly no one is blind to invest in a project with just one criterion. . Criteria such as team, concept, partner, etc. are also important

► ARCS ◄ ♦ ARCS - The New World Token (*Listed on KuCoin) ♦ ► ARCS ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Whitepaper
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: