Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:17:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2018-11-13]Another US Museum to Begin Accepting Bitcoin  (Read 162 times)
Vladdirescu87 (OP)

Activity: 966
Merit: 264

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 02:19:04 PM

In its 10 years of operation, Bitcoin has registered high demand and adoption by institutions, businesses, hotels, countries and many other entities. Now, the Great Lakes Science Center, a giant museum and educational complex in Cleveland, Ohio, has officially declared that it will start accepting Bitcoin (BTC) as a payment method from Tuesday, November 13, 2018. The institution will use BitPay when processing transactions.

Read the details in the article of Coinidol dot com, the world blockchain news outlet: https://coinidol.com/another-us-museum-to-begin-accepting-bitcoin/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
roosbit

Activity: 891
Merit: 43

Random coins :)

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 02:49:22 PM

This is great news for crypto but in all this I think bitpay is the real winner because most businesses today are using their services to process crypto payments which is good.

Talking of the museum hope bitcoin doesn't find its there as a forgotten technology any time soon Roll Eyes
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3071

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 04:09:00 PM
Merited by Foxpup (3)

I think bitpay is the real winner because most businesses today are using their services to process crypto payments which is good.

Wrong, and wrong

1.BitPay are too difficult to use, they use their own weird version of an unsupported payment mechanism. They'll "win" nothing except bad publicity, and the Great Lakes Science Center will end up cancelling the service because noone will use it

2. Most businesses are quitting BitPay, because of point 1

Vires in numeris
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 01:11:44 AM

BitPay are too difficult to use, they use their own weird version of an unsupported payment mechanism. They'll "win" nothing except bad publicity, and the Great Lakes Science Center will end up cancelling the service because noone will use it
For desktop users it requires some level of effort, but most competent mobile wallet clients easily let you scan the QR code and clear the payment. I personally use the Electrum mobile wallet and it actually works well.

I prefer to not use BitPay, but some sites don't offer any payment options that are viable for me, because I'm not using a credit card or PayPal. I'm forced to stick with BitPay until these sites switch to Coinbase or something else.

It actually surprises me that merchants still choose BitPay as their main gateway. Coinbase has a greater coin selection it allows merchants to accept, which instantly translates into more potential income.

Banking can't be used as an excuse since Coinbase has that side covered way better than BitPay does.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 01:22:06 PM

I prefer to not use BitPay, but some sites don't offer any payment options that are viable for me, because I'm not using a credit card or PayPal. I'm forced to stick with BitPay until these sites switch to Coinbase or something else.

Eventually, BitPay will get rid of itself.

Soon payment processors will market themselves as LN friendly, and very likely allow merchants to offer some discounts as well, because they no longer are tied to on-chain fees. Every non LN payment processor has the choice to either follow the technology, or stay behind for ever, and I'm certain that BitPay is busy destroying that what took them many years to build up.

The best way for merchants to avoid nasty politics games is to use BTCPay. It takes some time to set it up, but that's only the initial process. Once everything is set up it won't take more of their time than accepting Bitcoin through one of the centralized payment processors.
shamc
Copper Member

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 04:51:04 PM

What surprises me is the lack of some icon creating a museum coin! There seems to be a coin for everything these days, but none for museums. Soon cash will be there as we all go crypto

[ S E S S I A ] NEW GENERATION SOCIAL NETWORK
twitter    ◾ telegram     (❪  W H I T E P A P E R  ❫)
GET APP  ❱❱❱  ► Google Play   ► App Store
1BTC EQUALS 1CAR

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 07:15:54 AM

I think bitpay is the real winner because most businesses today are using their services to process crypto payments which is good.

Wrong, and wrong

1.BitPay are too difficult to use, they use their own weird version of an unsupported payment mechanism. They'll "win" nothing except bad publicity, and the Great Lakes Science Center will end up cancelling the service because noone will use it

2. Most businesses are quitting BitPay, because of point 1

I have no experience in using Bitpay so hearing this just makes it hurt the bitcoin industry. Maybe the museum needs to make a research first because I think what happened is that Bitpay offered a good proposal for the payment partnership and the owners of that museum just said yes.
Lmaooo

Activity: 694
Merit: 108

santacoin.io

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 11:24:28 PM

The bitcoin is finally going mainstream after all. Bitcoin is getting accepted everywhere from vintage art museums to luxury car dealerships. I even heard some universities are now accepting tuition fees in bitcoins. Bitcoin is no longer a currency for hackers as normally portrayed by the news, it is the currency for everyone.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: