Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 02:52:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Selling 'Content'  (Read 3544 times)
Amanda (OP)

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 05:09:08 PM
Last edit: November 06, 2011, 05:55:49 PM by Amanda

<Sold, closed>

This is only for website owners, people who are into SEO etcetera. Google doesn't like duplicate content, so if you want a succesful site, you need unique content.

What I'm selling is billions of articles, that are NEVER published on ze interwebs. These are from newspapers all over the globe that are never published here.
For example, the keyword "weight loss" gives 23,7million results. The keyword "quit smoking" gives 7,2million results.
Let me warn you though: don't expect fully formatted articles. They will have to be taken out of the source and rewritten a bit for a good format, and you'll end up with high-quality articles.

I will give you one example of an article under the keyword "Games"

Wednesday, April SPORTS Altoona Mirror Page B3 SPORTS AT A GLANCE College Baseball Hall adds nominees NEW YORK Winfield dominated from the mound, Pete Ineaviglia became the home run king and Robin Ventura went on a 58-game hitting streak. That was back when they were still wearing their school colors, before they became major league stars. Now, there will be a College Baseball Hall of Fame to honor them, with the announcement set for today. Winfield, Ineaviglia and Ventura are among 46 nom- inees for the hall's inaugur- al class. The finalists will be announced April 26, fol- lowed by an induction cere- mony July 4 in Lubbock, Texas. The hall of fame museum will be part of a new base- ball stadium complex, which will be built on the campus of Texas Tech and is scheduled to open before the 2008 season. Marketing firm li's name buys Alf NEW Muhammad AH, one of the world's most recognized people, has sold 80 percent of the marketing rights to his name and likeness to a firm for million. The 64-year-old former heavyweight champion, who suffers from Parkinson's disease, will retain a 20 percent interest in the business. The new venture will be operated by a company called G.O.A.T. LLC, an acronym for "The Greatest of All Time." CKX Inc. has concentrat- ed primarily on entertain- ment and holds the rights to the IDOLS television brand, which includes the show "American Idol." It also holds the rights to Elvis Presley's marketing, and has an interest in the opera- tions of Graceland, Presley's Memphis, Tenn., home. Hartford returns to PGA schedule HARTFORD, The PGA Tour event in Hartford was brought back to life Tuesday with a now title sponsor and a spot on (he FedEx Cup of the schedule starting in 2007. The Hartford tourna- ment, which began in 1952, was not included in the main segment of the PGA Tour's new schedule and was either going to be cast into the secondary "Kail Series" of events or trans- formed into a Champions Tour event. It got a reprieve, however, when 84 Lumber decided not to continue sponsorship of its tour event in western Pennsylvania. That allowed Hartford and its new title sponsor St. Paul Travelers to fill the sum- mer vacancy. U.S. soccer team ties Jamaica CARY.N.C. Tony Meola's 100th inter- national appearance did- n't go quite as he hoped but at least he didn't get a loss. Ben Olsen scored the tying goal in the 25th minute off a record-setting assist from Landon Donovan and the United States salvaged a 1-1 tic against .Jamaica on Tuesday night in the final exhibition game before coach Bruce Arena chooses his 23-man World Cup rosier. Thanks to Olsen, the Americans avoided losing for the first time in 17 games against Jamaica (9- 0-8) in history. The Associated ftuss Pirates confident despite lackluster start BY JOHN MEHNO For the Mirror PITTSBURGH The Pirates started play Tuesday night with the worst record in the major leagues, the biggest deficit in the standings and plenty of confidence. "This is the best team we've had since I've been shortstop Jack Wilson said. "We brought in veterans like Sean Casey and Joe Randa, the young guys are outstanding, Jason Bay is an all-star and we have a good bullpen and bench. We have what it takes." That's what the Pirates thought when they used some extra money to patch holes in the everyday lineup. But the results haven't been there, obviously. Pitching has been spotty, dooming the team to early deficits in too many games. Timely hitting has been absent, too. The Pirates collect- ed 14 hits against the Los Angeles Dodgers in Monday's home opener, yet managed only three runs. They did most of their scoring after the Dodgers had a comfortable lead. The bad opening week has gone a long way to quashing some of the enthusiasm that built in the offseason when Randa and Jeromy Buritz were signed as free agents and Casey was acquired in a trade from Cincinnati. It really is early. The season is a week and a day old, which means the Pirates starters haven't even complet- ed two turns through the rota- tion. Casey out Casey was a late scratch from the lineup with a ribcage con- tusion. He sustained the injury Monday diving for a foul ball in short right field. The Pirates said he is day-to-day. Craig Wilson replaced him in the lineup. Staying put The Pirates extended their working agreement with Class AAA Indianapolis through 2008. The Pirates moved their top farm team from Nashville to Indianapolis last season. Not an issue Zach Duke insists the changes the Pirates have made in his mechanics are not an issue. Duke says his problem in Monday's opener (seven runs in five innings) came about because he was rushing his motion, which meant his bal- ance was off. He thinks people are reading too much into the situation. "This isn't he said. Still friends Manager Jim Tracy was busy greeting many of his former Dodgers players, some of whom have some strong feel- ings about their former manag- er. "Jim Tracy was like a father to said pitcher Odalis Perez, who beat the Pirates on Monday. "You know that you're going to make mistakes, but it helps when you're able to go behind closed doors and talk to your manager as your father, as your friend. That's what I had from Jim Tracy all the time." Infielder Almedo Saenz said Tracy is, "a great person who gets the most out of his play- ers." The support for Tracy was not unanimous in the Dodgers clubhouse. Outfielder Jayson Werth said, "I don't want to say any- thing bad about him, so I prob- ably shouldn't say anything." Matchups Several of the Pirates have had past success against Brett Tomko, the Dodgers' scheduled starter in tonight's game. Jose Castillo is 4-for-9 Casey is 7-for-21 (.333) with a home run and four RBI, Jason Bay is 5-for-13 (.385) and Craig Wilson is 3-for-8 (.375) with two home runs. BUGS: Torres turns in solid relief work (Continued from Page Bl) Despite the Dodgers' numerous early leads, they have a 4-4 record though, to Jeff Kent, that's hard- ly a reason for concern. "I think we're playing good base- ball. We're getting a lot of hits, scor- ing a lot of runs, despite playing in bad weather except for the last two days. I remember last year we were 12-2 and we were supposed to be going to the World Kent said, recalling a team that went on to win 71 games. The Pirates' two-run sixth start- ed when Craig Wilson, in the line- up only because Sean Casey was a late scratch with a bruised rib cage, hit a tying homer off reliever Lance Carter It was the Pirates' third homer in a span of seven bat- ters. Joe Randa followed with a double down the left-field line and, after Jose Castillo's groundout, scored on Doumit's sacrifice fly. Doumit was as happy with the sacrifice fly as he was the home run, saying, "We hit a lot of home runs, but when we had to play small ball to win the game, we did. I just hope this is the start of some- thing." Pirates reliever Salomon Torres by contrast, followed up Snell's ineffective start six runs and 10 hits in five innings with two shutout relief innings for the victory. Roberto Hernandez worked a scoreless eighth, and southpaw Mike Gonzales recorded his first save of the season, and the fourth of his career, with a scoreless ninth. The win was only the Pirates' third against the Dodgers in their last meetings with Los Angeles. Elsewhere in MLB: METS 7, NATIONALS 1: Rookie Brian Bannister, Iho son of former major league pilcher Floyd Bannister, gave up one run over seven innings lor his first major league victory, and Carlos Beltran hit a two-run homor to lead New York to victory. REDS 9, CUBS 2: Branson Arroyo hit his second homer in six days off Glendon Rusch and pitched seven shutout innings, and Edwin Encarnacion's grand slam was The Associated Press Ryan Doumit is congratulated by his Pirate teammates after homering in the sixth inning. one of six homers Cincinnati hit against Chicago. PADRES 9, MARLINS 3: Khalil Greene drove in four runs with two homers to help San Diego shake a slump, and the Padres spoiled Florida's home opener. YANKEES 9, ROYALS 7: Derek Jeter's three-run homer capped a five-run rally in the eighth inning and the New York Yankees beat the Kansas City Royals to win their club-record ninth straight home opener. The Royals led 7-4 alter (ailing behind 4-1 early in the game. RED SOX 5, BLUE JAYS 3: Josh Beckett held Toronto to three hits in seven innings, Mike Lowell went 4-tor-4 with three doubles and Boston beat Toronto in its home opener for its fifth consecutive win. INDIANS 9, MARINERS 5: Jhonny Peralla and Travis Hafner hit consecutive homers in the fifth inning to back Cliff Lee. and Cleveland won its sixth straight since losing the season opener to Chicago by beating Seattle. ORIOLES 8, DEVIL RAYS 4: Kris Benson look a four-hitler into the eighth inning for his first win with Baltimore and Melvin Mora homered in a victory over Tampa Bay, which lost lor the second straight time at homo. TWINS 7, ATHLETICS 6: Tony Batista woke up Minnesota's offense with a three- run homer, and the Twins started the sea- son's second week in bettor lashion than the first by beating Oakland in their home opener. CURVE: Erie gets to Connolly in first frame (Continued from Page HI) sinkers. That's the way he pitches. I thought he did an outstanding job." The Curve failed to match the club record of 10 straight wins, which dales back to the last four games of the 2005 season. "We really wanted to continue the winning Alvarez said. "But I don't think it's possible to win every single game. We're going to lose one game or the other." The SeaWolves started creating problems for Connolly in the first inning. Brent Cleyelen reached on a two-out single to left field, and Airoso ripped Connolly's first pitch just inside the loft field foul pole for a two-run home run. Danilo Sanchez led off the second inning with a single to left field, and Kody Kirkland hit a line drive home run over the loft field fence. Tony Girratano, hitlcss in his first two at-bats, opened the fifth with a double to the left-center gap. Airoso then struck again, smash- ing his second two-run blast to the back of the left field bleachers. Leiper immediately lifted Connolly, who had given up one run in his first appearance in the season opener against Trenton. "The consistency with his pitch- es wasn't Leiper said. "It happens." Bumstcad, meanwhile, gave up only a Carlos Maldonado double down the left field line in the third inning while walking four and throwing 80 pitches. "1 felt pretty said the 2'.i- year-old Bumstcad. "The ball was moving a little bit. I threw a lot more pitches than I probably want- ed to, but they're a real patient team. "He threw kind of the same way as [Trenton's Jorge said the Curve's Rafael Alvarez, who went O-for-3. "He kind of had simi- lar stuff. It was kind of hard for us early, but we got him in the bottom of the fifth." "Basically, he was keeping our hitters said Vic Buttler, who went i-for-4. "He had a funky delivery. He WHS throwing from his right ear. Pretty much everything he threw had move- ment. He did what he was supposed to do." The Curve did manage to score a couple of runs in the sixth inning against M-year-old reliever Bobby Jones. Adam Boevc, who continued his torrid early season with two more bits, and Buttler bad back-to- back, two-out RBI doubles. Altoona had runners in scoring position in the seventh and eighth, but couldn't find a way to get them home. "1 never felt like we worn out of the Leiper said. "We got two of our own in that sixth and we got guys on base in the seventh and eighth. With the way our offense is and the way our bullpen is. we did- n't feel like we were out of it. But they made some big pitches in big situations, but 1 was really encour- age by the way they came back and the way Connolly battled." The final game in the three-game series is set for today at BCB. "Game threes of series are big. especially when it's 1-1." Leiper said. "We want to win every series. There's more urgency. We always have urgency when wo play, but when you have a chance to win a scries, especially in your own divi- sion, those are games that are very important." STAFF: Searage's passion for teaching makes him valuable (Continued from Page Bl) coordinator from 2000-01, coinciding with Andrews' 2001 season at Double-A Portland. Andrews was the Curve's pitching coach the past three seasons and is at Triple-A Indianapolis this year. "We both have the same kind of concept in try- ing to improve our Searage said when asked to compare himself with Andrews. "But he has a different way of approaching it, I have a dif- ferent way of approaching it, [Pirates pitching coordinator] Gary Ruby has a different way of approaching it. "There might be one thing that we tell that kid, and then boom, he's on his way. Jeff says it in dif- ferent ways, and I say it in different ways, and we probably say the same thing using different words." Searage's strength, Leiper says, is how much he cares about his pitchers. "He's just passionate about people, passionate about the Leiper said. "He's very knowl- edgeable about mechanics and what it's going to take for guys to succeed based on what he did and what he's seen and what he's been around." Searage has worked with youngsters in the lower levels and more polished pitchers in the high minors, and he doesn't have a favorite level. He simply loves dealing with pitchers. "1 have so much enjoyment just working and making them better, trying to make them the best pitcher they possibly can be." he said. "That's rewarding in itself. "I like to communicate, and I don't mind get- ting down in (he ditches and getting dirty with (the I'll do whatever it takes in order to help them gel better." spent the 2005 season with Leiper at high-A Lynchburg. His ironic claim is that he lives in Altoona, Ala. Moore oversaw a Hillcats offense that led the Carolina League with a .282 average last season. "He's a tireless Leiper said. "He gets here early and he's there for the hitters, and he really takes the time to learn the hitters' swings and learn about the guy. He spends a lot of time when he gets here, and he's always available to the guys and stays positive with them." Moore's strength is his flexibility with the hit- ters, working with each player on his individual swing and not forcing one style on everyone. "There definitely are different players, different Moore said. "But when you break this game down and break the mechanics flown of the swing, there are certain things that everybody has to do. "The hitlers are what they are by themselves. My job is to keep the mechanical part and the mental part going the whole season. I've got IS hitters on this team. I have l.'i different swings. How they accomplish their swing is going to be different. I'm not here to clone anybody." Moore is the polar opposite of last year's hitting coach, Matt Winters. While Winters was a slug- ger throughout bis career. Moore hit only six homers over seven minor league seasons. "Yeah, but they were all bombs, he said with a laugh. A hitting coach's job is to relate to all kinds of hitters, powerful or not. something Moore under- stands. "That's the one thing I think to be a good instructor is yon can't ask Chaz Lytle to be Adam lie said. "And on the other end, I can't ask Adam Boevc to be Javier Guzman. They're going to be their own individual and have their own swing." Moore is in Doiible-A for the first time after spending two seasons at the rookie level, two in low-A and one at high-A. He's looking forward to the challenges of this level and said everything he's learned along the way has prepared him for Double-A. "I've had Rural kids, good hitters along the way." Moore said. "They've helped me as much as I've helped them." Corv (liner is at He also con reached (it ffisporls I2xi anl.com. GET YDUR TICKETS: IN PERSON AT BCB BY PHONE AT B7V-99-CURVE 40 ON-LINE AT ALTOd N AC LJ RVE.CO M Gates Open: After School Candy Baseball the Boolu Day APRIL 2D Gates Open: Post-6ame Show Curve Happy Hour 5-7pm Live Music APRIL 21 Gates Open: Post-Same Fireworks Shoo (Country Classics Theme Music) 2006 SEASON PBESENTEO nv: SfflBank

Or:

Athletic Council Approves Schedules -THE Golfers In Higl> 7J VARSITY FOOTBALL 9-at WiHlamsport 23-Highlands, p.m. McKeesport, Triph leheader isSlo-Pitch Tourney Friday Open; The first annual Junlata ,AG Slo-Pitch Softball Tournament is ready to go. A-tripleheader on Friday night at Veterans' Memorial Field wi! launch the weekend affair Games are slated Saturday al Vets' Field and Columbia Park The finals are 3-o'clock Sunday afternoon at Vets' Field. Herb Werner, sports editor of the Altoona Mirror, will throw out the first ball Friday night to officially open the tournament Phoenix will face Kook's in the opener at 7 p.m. Juniata AG, the host team, meets F. L. Smithe a 8 and Champ's Cafe opposes Penns Valley New Breed at 9 Trophies will be awarded to the champs and runnersup. Cash prizes will go to the top three finishers. Pork Hills Lists Winners The Park Hills Spring Tourna- ment wat won by Tom Krise who defeated George Harper, the'1971 and 3. Glenn Rhodes, a Junior member aloruj with Krise, won the beaten of the championship flight. v Other results are: First flight: Fred Douglass de- December feated Bob Mullen. Woody Adelsberger won beaten eights. Second flight: Bill Brunette defeated Randy Musser. Sam Yoder' won beaten eights. Third flight: Craig Warner de feated Gary Morris. Fran Bur goon won beaten eights. Fourth flight: Bill Singer de- feated Bill Buck. Lynn Grove won beaten eights. Fifth flight: Mark Edwards defeated Len D'Addaria Ron Martino won beaten eights. Sixth flight: Joe Burns de- feated Tom Moore. Barry Ould won-beaten eights. SKEET WINNERS The Altoona Rifle, and'.Pistol Club's Memorial Day Skeet cham- pionship was won .by Bob Yon, who 50. Swobd was Steve Mitchell, 47 out of' 50 arid Dan Pielmier broke 48 out for third place. LOGAN TWP. L.L. Homer's Gap'12, Edison 4 Juniata Gap 7, Lakemont 6 Greenwood 10, Mill Run 3 Penn Cambria Is Declared Track Champion Perm Cambria was declared of- ficial 'champion of the Mountain! Track Conference- at the. annual! dinner-meeting held' last night at the Bellemead Inn. Accepting the trophy for the In- dians was track coach Jerry Rob- erts. The. leading scorer's trophy went to Terry Watters of Tyrone for the second straight year.' It was decided to hold a confer- ence meet involving the five schools on the Tuesday after the District 6 track meet. Bellwood- Antis will host the meet for the first time and then it will go on a rotating basis. Tyrone -Area High -School' will take over as president next season and Huntingdon is vice president. Bob Fowler was reelected tary-treasurer. Hills West Mifflin North ,20-State College Academy 10--at Penri; Highlands JAYVEE FOOTBALL Highlands Penn Highlands (B game) Cambria 21-at Penn October-. Bishop Carroll, 4pm. Johnstown 24-at HolUdaytburg 30-at Williamsport, p.m. 31-Penn (B game) SOCCER September- 1 14-at Eldertbn State College p.m. Worthtnglon 3-Elderton, p.m. Dayton 7-at.Klskl'Prep 4 p.m. College JS-Kiski Prep, p.m. Mercersburg Williamsport State Colleee 26-Penn Highlands 29-Bellefonte 3--at Penn Highlands 7r-State College Invitational .College Tyrone BASKETBALL. 8-Sharbn 12-at Pefin Hills Bishop .Carroll la-Westinshouse 22-Peabody New Castle Tourney (Al- toona, Penn Hills, Beaver Falls, New.Castle) at Willjamsport at Johnstown 9-State .College at Cfiambersburg at Bishop McCort 19-Johnstown- K-at Farrell Avenue 6-at Perm .Highlands 9-Scheriley 13-Chambersburg Bishop (Juilfoyle Bishop McCort 'GYMNASTICS fr-McDowell 10-at Indiana at Penn .Highlands Somerset at Johnstown Vo-Tech 3 Highlands Mail Bag on Wednesday, May 31, concerning the 'condition of Gee- Junior Golf 'ourney Set Area Jaycee chapters wil! spon or. the third annual Blair County aycee Junior Golf Tournament n June 12, 13, a'nd 14 at the cotch Valley, Ironmasters and ark Hills courses. Last -year, 63 youngsters par- cipated tournament. Rick Gieg of.the Altoona Jay- ees-and Mike McGuigan of the oll'daysburg Jaycees are lairmen oh the project. off- time on June 13 at Valley is and firls born after Dec. .1953, will compete in the 18 and .under ;flight. girls bom after Dec. 31, 1856, will be ligible for the .15 arid under ight. Each contestant will ?ive a free golf ball. After the second round at Iron- lasters, the field will be cut own for the final round at Park ills in the 54-hole tournament. There is no entry fee and trop- es will be Awarded to the win- :rS and runnersup in each ight. Entry deadline is June 9. or more information contact ick Giegi Brushmeade, Holli- laysburg, phone 6S5- ,7-at State ftstimtirr m __ Blair Coiinty. Jaycee Junior Golf Tourney June 12, Scotch Valley June. 13, Ironmasters June 14, Park Hills Name Address Dale of birth Phone -Check one: 18 and under- 15 and under Send before June t to: Rick Gieg, OChalrman, Brushmead, Hollldaysburg Pa., 1S648 ALTOONA, PA, THUBSDAY, JUNE 1, tr.r. 1972 fourth annual Vincent R. pnnger Memorial Pennsylvania Ute GoH Championship will be played at Ebensfcuig, and Cres- son, Monday, June 6. Once gain thlf year, the tournament wjll crown a team championship 5 well as an individual dtaoi- pion. Khoo! entering.the even .'Ml be permitted to send-twc, olfers.. Each.boys will compete on an individual basis for medal st honors and then the combined cores of. both school participants vill be totaled to determine the ow medal score for the team championship'., TonV'Lawruk and Craig Shrlf represent Bishop Guilfoyle a [igh School in the event. Steve Willlamj the BG golf coach. Vince Scrapetta oJ-Scranton was the 196J winner, with a 48, wbjIe.Jamei Santo of Beth- lebem Catholic won the 1970 1 event with a 145. Mark Bope of North Catholic won ast year's Individual title with a 50. The first team champion was rowjied last year. Pittsburgh St -llzabeth's won the title with a .core o! 306. Team members were like Farrell with a 151 and Rick Thomas'with a 155. :ish Contest At Glendale The Prince Gallitan State Park lanna has. announced plans for ts second annual fishing contest Cash prizes will be awarded for the longest muskie Wlleye and northern pike. The imor fisherman (under 16) with he longest fish of any type wil eceive an award. The contest opens Friday, June .at 8 a.m. -and runs through ept. 16 at S p.m. Fish must be aken from Glendale Lake ark e registered- at the marina of- Lions Ptnn Highlands Friday at PSU Altoona will battle Peon HiRhlandj in a District semifinal baseball guae on Friday afternoon at 4 at the Peon State field In University Park, Coach Jay. Perry's Moun- tain Lions play tin Inde- pendent schedule and own a 13-0 record. In their only tourney start May 22, the Lions beat Central, In eijht innings. Penn Highlands, cham- pion of the Huntingdon County League, has an Jl-2 record. The Cougars beat Clearfield, 5-3, last Satur- m day In their only tourney appearance. a The other semifinal game, pitting West Branch against Portage, was scheduled for today at 3 o'clock at Vet- erans' Memorial Field. The championship game tentatively has been set for Monday. Dear Sir; in reply to the letter in the sey Park ballfietd, I am familiar with the college Shirf attends, but here in Al toona it rained for three days prior to that Thursday evenini ball game he saw. Since Mr is in college and a ballplayer, I should think that he would realize that alter three days of the ground U rather soft and wet. If 1 would have my Jeep on to that field to drag it, it would have de- stroyed the field. Whether Mr. Shirf realizes It or not, Geesey Park is not the only ball park in this City. There are IS other' fields that I fix every day and I don't have time to pick-up every rock on a field so that the ballplayers can judge every, bounce of the ball. If I'm wt mistaken, I have seen an 'occasional" bad hop on major eagiie fields. I also wonder if Mr. Shtrf took a string from the foul poles to the Joint of home plate, as I do, to see if the lines were straight, or was he guessing about them. If he lines were somewhat dim t could be explained by tie faci that children play on that field ifter gchool may step on the ines. Of course, we could ban children from the fields so thai one team could hive a perfec set of lines every game; but after all, the fields are .for the youth of the City and not jus for one select team. Mr. Shirf-also thinks that we Aaron Continues Assault on Home Run Record With 648th But for Hank Aaron it ,cau ajlu mai pro ust another pause on the way difference after o his assault on baseball's Larry Stnhl most celebrated Ruth's lifetime homers. Anron hit the 648th homer of Louis mppeu unicaeo l-D To? place Aaron compared to two to American League, ft.Dodg'eri to u. rears, said, "I figured it was should get more help on the 1 would also appreciate fields. more help; but more help means raore money and as a taxpayer wouldn't like a hike in my taxes more than the next fellow Mr. Shirf stated that Stu Nolan sn't doing a. good my opinion, this man has done as much or more for baseball anj every other type of recreational acility than any other man J enow. Altoona has more ball- fields, more playgrounds, and more programs for the young han cities twice its size. Stu Man is directly responsible for everything that goes on in Park and Recreation, and I personally i.j-1. .u.. t_ mns yery Sincerely, John (Butch) Schraff, employeejjf Park and Recreation MOE BERG DIES hink that he efficiently. Berg, an erudite and witty man who went from brilliant acade- mic achievements at Princeton San Dipen nrl TnlnmlM-a 1 CnVnnl md Columbia Law School to a Atlanta 7-year major league career and who died at the age of 7( Monday in Newark, N.J., will an TRACK AWARDST- The Mountain' mead imu The was presented to Penn Cambria High School V.H! he Bcorer's trophy entto Terry Watters of Tyrone. Acceptuig the championship trophy b" realnaMbacfegroBnd b Coach' Waiters' trophy. .Mirror Ciawifled AdiuJPfione W. .sacrifice fly in the eishth OIUKICU, went Inning to give the Braves a 5-2 when S" was lead andJnat .proved to be the jlny Brock's mark of nipped Chicago, 1-0, Los E' Anally pitched a five-hitter to The Deciding Run Nelson Briles. Fairly's homer came In the second but snla ,1 C S c j EaSea MH JranClSCO, ?'eg0' in and Monlrea W" feat P Itsburgh, 3-2. The uvav jTiniburfih on the list. ;It was the Philadelphia at N homer of the year: for was rained out 10 Innings and California edeed ff was 'but as it gets closer- to Ruth the build." Aaron's homer came with two out in the third inning started a two-run rally. and San YESTERDAY'S GAMES National League Phila at N.Y., ppd., rain St. Louil 000 010 1 8 0 Chicago 000 000 0 3 1 Gibson (2-5) .and Simmons; Jenkins (5-5) and Hundley. 19 Innings) .os Ang 100 021 000 1-571 "an Fran 100 002 100 4 62 Downing, Wilhelm Brew- er (9) and Dietr, Sims Iryant, Johnson McMahon 10) and Gibson. HR 'ittsburgh Montreal McAnally (1-5) and Humphre P-Briles H Stargell 52 100 Briles, Walker (7) and May; ti. NEW YORK American 202 0.00 5 Norman, Acosla Ross Caldwell Corkins (Cool ___ and Stahl 006 000 14 1 80 Cincinnati louston Nolan toberts, Gibbon (Cool and Edwards American League Boston at Bait, ppd., rain. Chicago ?alilornia 101 001 81 93 Bradley, WolkCP WittS Cool and Herrmann; Clark, Allen Cool and Kusnyer. (1- LP-Kealey HR- Morales Manny Mota tripled in Ihe we second but eciding run In the 10th inning ?e "'pnlng in Jin; I The deciding run In the 10th inning lew York game to give Los Angeles'the victory sixth with a single. over San Francisco and keep rained hitter as St. Louis downed Chicago. It was only the second JJincmnatl exploded with a victory against five losses for New York Pittsburgh Chicago Montreal Philadelphia St. Louis Detroit Has Lead Over Baltimore By JOE CARNICELLI UPI Sports Writer las Angeles been one of our best relievers. The chips were really stacked Atlanta San Diego San Francisco Norm Cash had stroked two against us in the ninth but he hits, including his ninth homer, pulled us out." for Detroit Wednesday night, In other AL action, New York but with the score tied at 4-4 in edged Milwaukee, 5-4, Minneso- inc. fnn nr tho IfltTi i _ 1_ _ Manager Billy Martin decided to insert Bill Freehan as a pinch-hitter for Cash. Freehan singled, moved to third on a sacrifice, a hit batsman and a walk and scored the winning run on Eddie Brinkman's sacrifice Ily as the Tigers edged the Cleveland Indians, 5- 4. The victory gave the Tigers a1 lalf-game lead over the Balti- more Orioles, whose game against the Boston Red Sox was postponed by rain, in the American League East. The Phila at New York, ppd., rain Los Ang 5 San Fran 4, 10 inns Oaklani downed Texas. M. and loss was the seventh in a row for the slumping Indians. Cleveland lea, 2-1, in the eighth when Cash tied the game .vith his homer and Mickey Stanley added a two-run home run. Cleveland tied the game in he ninth on a run-producing single by John Lowenstein and a sacrifice fly by Eddie Leon, whose fly ball was dropped for an lerror by righlfielder Jim California shaded Chicago, 4-3. Los Angeles topped San Francisco, 5-4, in 10 innings, St. Louis beat Chicago, 1-0, Cincin- nati bombed Houston, 12-4 Montreal edged Pittsburgh, 3-2, Atlanta defeated San Diego, 5-4, and Philadelphia at New York was rained out in the National League. John Ellis and Gene Michael singled in two runs each in the first inning and relief Sparky Lyle preserved victory with his 10th save of the p m season as the Yankees edged (7-lf andI BeVh-an error bJ "ghlfielder Jim Culver ?3i GladdinJ Clevefand had the AJi bases loaded anrl nnn. tieveiana naa me jases loaded and none out but ace reliever Fred Scherman pitched out of trouble. Mike Wajker won Class A hon- vvainer won uass A hon- gain nis tilth in a 50-bird Lems Class Decisions. Jackson was Oil 000 002 Pty Trap Shot at the Altoona Ri- P11 'he jaw with a pitch late Kantic ntv m. Seelbach (7) ife and Pistol Club last Sunday m the game but my 10 Innings) )etroit Cleveland Timmerman, cherman _.._ Freehan Wilcox, Mingori Hennigan ?'eve 10) and Fosse. CTass C was Dan score of 33. Cash Stanley (3rd" CVIgCU Milwaukee. Roy White homered to give New York a 5-0 le the Brewers rallied for runs in the seventh on singles by _ Johnny Briggs and Bob at rnna, night Heise and Lyle's wild pitch and st-. Louis at Los Ang, nieht SOQCQ nl CV.. __ ._ i singles by Br aro and Rick Eric Sodderholm hit a three- run homer with two out in the sota inning to lift Minne- over Kansas Kansas City led 2-0 Reggi-e-Tackson bit his 10th MUwaukee nomer in the first inning to tie for the league lead and spark the A s over Texas. Sal Bando Oakland Hunter gam his fifth victory in Ca ifnmia _i J MAJOR LEAGUE STANDINGS National League East W. L, Pet. GB 29 11 .725 24 15 .615 8 20 18 .526 18 22 .450 11 16 24 .400 13 16 25 .390 West W. L. Pet. GB 26 16 .619 17 .585 18 .561 22 .450 26 .381 31 .326 24 23 18 16 15 1 10 13 U i Wednesday'a Montreal 3 Pittsburgh 2 Atlanta 5 San Diego 4 Today's Probable Pitchers (All Times EDT) Philadelphia (Selma 1-5) at New York (McAndrew 8 St. Louis (Wise 4-4) at Chicago (Pizarro p.m. Cincinnati (McGIothlin 2-4) at Houston (Reuss p.m ace Los Angeles the San Francisco (Singer 3-4) (Stone (Only games scheduled) but Friday'! Games three Houston at Montreal, night jT.ui.il LUI, MI trill Atlanta at New York, night at Phila, night _ L T _ pc an os ng, net another in the eighth on Chicago at San Diego, night i by Briggs, Billy Conigli- Pittsburgh at San Fran, night d Rirk City. Detroit when American League East W. L. Pet. GB 16 .568 16 .556 .514 .459 .441 .353 W, 21 20 18 17 17 20 15 19 12 22 West W. t. Pet. GB 25 12 .676 23 12 .657 .579 .439 Seelbach and Pistol Club last Sunday, and Haller !Walker posted a score of 45. .negative. Farmer Winning Class B honors was', Bob Oliver's -rays were 22 18 IS 23 17 24 13 24 .415 .3.51 1 9 10 12 with_a 40 and tak Pielmier The next scheduled trap shoot s Sunday, June 4 when the dub 110 000 211 2 mflets Smokey Run Sportsmen at fUUl Aflt 0 n Dim Minn 62Smokey Rooker (2-2) and Kirkpatrick; ilyleven, Granger (Cool and Roof. WP-Byleven HR- Soderholm New York I Milw 000 000 4 10 I Stottlemyre, Lyle (7) and! .lunson; Brett, Colborn 107 1 Linzy Sanders, (Cool and'Helsel's 100 0-214 (QQyifnjgy 15 jn _ East End Little League -Brett Oakland exas Hunter 100 003 5 (5-2) and Duncan; iosman, Panther Paul Shellenback (9) and King. LP- BoimtB two-out, bases- loaded single in the scored Sandy Alomar with the winning run in California's victory over the White Sox Alomar singled and went to third when Dick Allen mis- Played a pickoff attempt and two walks filled the bases before Oliver's hit. Inter-Service Softball (Visitors) St. Esso 000 102-3 7 Post.0ff.ice ..._._, ,6 ------Cherry and Broderick. Twivbase hits-P. Brannon, -s s-. rannon, S. Batiey 2. Three-base hils-P. Har-! ns. Home run-R. Barley. Struck1 out, 6, Cherry 1, Bran- non 5, Lamentino 2. Bases on balls, off-DeLeo 3, Cherry fi Brannon-3, Lareentino 3. 1 Batteries: (Visitors) Foor and Conti. (Home) F. Delgrosso and Robeson. Two-base hits, G. Luciano (Post Office) Three-base hits D. Hor- ton (Post Struck out, by Foor-0, F. Delgrosso-3. Bases on balls, off Foor-1, F. Delgrosso-2. Wednesday's Results New York 5 Milwaukee 4 Boston al Bait, ppd., rain Detroit 5 Cleve 4, 10 inns Minnesota 3 Kan City 2 Oakland 5 Texas 1 California 4 Chicago 3 Today's Probable Pitchers (All Times EDT) Kansas City (Murphy 0-1) at Minnesota (Woodson p.m. New York (Hinlon 1-0) at Milwaukee (Slaton 2-30 p.m. Detroit (Lolich 8-3) at Cleve- land (Perry p.m. Boston (Siebcrt 3-2) at BaKimore (McMally 7 30 p.m. (Only games scheduled) Thursday's Games Boston at Kan City, nigh New York at Chicago, Mim: at Calif at Cleve, 7 Oakland at Ba Texas at Milw, nighi

Let me remind you these are 2 completely random articles, coincendentally both about sports. They'll have to be rewritten as you've seen, simply hire someone for that. What I will provide you is access to the database that contains billions of those articles, both local news and global news. Using this can give you the opportunity to create a site with major income from ads and visitors.

Please PM me for more info.
My price is 25BTC. I will not sell this to more than 5 people.

Amanda

1Ea1oNDVmTUd657ncDPX69XYzVHJdTjgzL

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 05:12:53 PM

I am assuming you are not the only one who has access to this database... who else does?  And what is the name of the database?
Amanda (OP)

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 05:14:47 PM

I am assuming you are not the only one who has access to this database... who else does?  And what is the name of the database?

No, I am not the only one, but this ain't a public database either. It's used by reporters and other people to store their articles. So yes, there's a small chance you'll find a used article. But out of the billions of articles that shouldn't be a worry. The articles from from Newspaperarchive, but they're not the ones you get for having a premium membership there. Those are the articles published in newspapers, the database I have has never-published articles before (again, aside from the people like me who took articles from it, but out of billions you most likely won't ever find a used one that's been rewritten)

SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 05:17:12 PM

I am assuming you are not the only one who has access to this database... who else does?  And what is the name of the database?

No, I am not the only one, but this ain't a public database either. It's used by reporters and other people to store their articles. So yes, there's a small chance you'll find a used article. But out of the billions of articles that shouldn't be a worry. Ofcourse I'm not going to give you the name, that would kind of ruin the purpose of me trying to sell it :p
Well, if it's a database that I could have access to for $25, and you're selling it for 25BTC, I'd like to know.
Amanda (OP)

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 05:18:38 PM

Yea I have editted my previous reply a little bit because I missread you (I thought you asked for a link to the very database, but you only wanted the name)

edd
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2011, 05:26:37 PM

What I'm selling is billions of articles, that are NEVER used.

So yes, there's a small chance you'll find a used article.

Excuse me if I'm also a bit skeptical of the claim that there are "billions" of articles in this database. One million writers would have to contribute one thousand pieces each just to equal one billion articles and that seems very unlikely to me.

Still around.
Amanda (OP)

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 05:28:16 PM

What I'm selling is billions of articles, that are NEVER used.

So yes, there's a small chance you'll find a used article.

Excuse me if I'm also a bit skeptical of the claim that there are "billions" of articles in this database. One million writers would have to contribute one thousand pieces each just to equal one billion articles and that seems very unlikely to me.

The database contains articles from over a two hundred year period(with a few actually dating from before 1800), I thought it was an exaggeration at first too, but I've seen the list and it's just.. endless.

And just to make clear, the majority of the articles is from the "modern time" (aka when they started writing them on computers), simply because articles before the digital age usually didn't get saved/stored.

SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 05:44:20 PM

Yea I have editted my previous reply a little bit because I missread you (I thought you asked for a link to the very database, but you only wanted the name)
Ok, let me ask you this then:  How much does it cost you for access?  And who do you purchase it through?
Amanda (OP)

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 05:46:48 PM

Ok, let me ask you this then:  How much does it cost you for access?  And who do you purchase it through?

I didn't pay for it, I got it from a close friend who has discovered how to access it himself. He allowed me to sell it (assuming ofcourse that I share profit) as long as I didnt sell it to too many people, and as long as it are people I can kinda trust (read: not people with 1 post)

joeyjoe

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 05:48:35 PM

LOL, hes got it from here:

http://www.worldvitalrecords.com/SingleIndexListView.aspx?ix=newspaperarchives&hpp=10&qt=l&zfn=&zln=Culver&Submit=++Search++&kbid=1144&cpn=myap1144

simple google search with some "" showed up that result.

Not disused articles at all, just old ones

Bitcoin PHP programmer for hire! (HTML / CSS / JQuery / AJAX / .NET).
Amanda (OP)

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 05:50:30 PM

http://www.worldvitalrecords.com/SingleIndexListView.aspx?ix=newspaperarchives&hpp=10&qt=l&zfn=&zln=Culver&Submit=++Search++&kbid=1144&cpn=myap1144

Nope..
Edit: I can give a moderator the link to access it so he can confirm it's legit as long as he promises to keep it for himself and not to spread it.

SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 05:51:43 PM

I didn't pay for it, I got it from a close friend who has discovered how to access it himself. He allowed me to sell it (assuming ofcourse that I share profit) as long as I didnt sell it to too many people, and as long as it are people I can kinda trust (read: not people with 1 post)
Fair enough.  So it's something that a person couldn't just go out and buy access to, normally, but something that only reporters or other publication-related personnel might have access to?

Also, does it violate any copyright laws to publish these articles, or are the articles deemed "copyright free" until published once they are placed in this database?

o.O  Those are old PUBLISHED newspapers... I don't see unpublished articles there?
joeyjoe

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 05:52:03 PM

Nope..
Edit: I can give a moderator the link to access it so he can confirm it's legit as long as he promises to keep it for himself and not to spread it.

So why can i find the same articles there? The examples you gave match the text on the articles.

joeyjoe

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 05:53:40 PM

Fair enough.  So it's something that a person couldn't just go out and buy access to, normally, but something that only reporters or other publication-related personnel might have access to?

Also, does it violate any copyright laws to publish these articles, or are the articles deemed "copyright free" until published once they are placed in this database?

o.O  Those are old PUBLISHED newspapers... I don't see unpublished articles there?

The articles they are selling i bet are the old articles. newspaper editors do not post their work on a database for others to see... and potentially use.

The articles are most definatly old archived papers.

SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 05:54:21 PM

Nope..

So why can i find the same articles there? The examples you gave match the text on the articles.
The man has a point...
joeyjoe

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 05:54:50 PM

2nd one down on this page with this text posted above as an example. "Danilo Sanchez led off the second inning with a single to left field, and Kody Kirkland hit a line drive home run over the loft field fence"

Link: http://www.worldvitalrecords.com/SingleIndexListView.aspx?ix=newspaperarchives&hpp=10&qt=l&zln=Sanchez

I dont see how these are disused.. when they have been used.

Amanda (OP)

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 05:55:26 PM

Nope..

Because I gave you two articles from the very first page of the database, so yes, there's a high chance its used. And not only that, as I said in the first post, these are articles made by journalists/reporters, so there's always the chance they've published them theirselves.

Here's a random article I'd bet my balls for aint published.
It THE BRANDON SUN Ladies Start Play In 32nd Annual Spiel By KENT GILCHRIST Sun Sporti Writtr The 1968 edition of the Brandon ladies 32nd annuai bonspiel go under way Mbndav with 74 rinks taking part This is 14 fewer rinks than asi year The 74 entries wil be battling for prizes in six events The Curly MacKay and Sons even one of the main events has reached the 32s after the first day of play and the Kaon event will be down to 32s after the 9 am draw today Two local rinks Drew Dickens of the Brandon Curlins Club and Dell Hillman of the Brandon Golf and Country Club are leading the parade in the winners circle after the first day of play Both rinks played and won three saines Monday Picking up two wins in their two sames Monday were Donalda Stunpton and her Riverview quartet Doreen Harris of Virden Nettie Latchani of the Brandon Uolf and Country Club Bonnie Low of Brandon University Doreen White of the Brantion Curling Club Kuth Winder oi Crawtord Park Mabel Mitchell of the Brandon Club Mrs Capon of Belmont Kdie Miller of Souris and Irene Barkweli of the Country Club Mrs Barkwe won her first game by default over Dor Devenson of Neepawa arose over his as Mrs Barkweli was a late entry and bonspiel head quarters had informed Mrs Devenson she was to curl at 2 pm yesterday before the Barkweli entry was made Neces sity made it imperative o move Mrs Devenson to the am draw yesterday but she was not informed of this charo in time and so was disqualified Being a good sport she bowed oui of he Curly MacKay even thus putting things back in order and allowing the draw to run smoothly Strange things were happening when the lirst draws were beiaj made up Doreen White of the Brandon Curling Club and Aiine MacKay cravTi against caih other in the Eatons and when They wenback to tin hat for the first round in the Curlys even Mrs White was again drawn against Mrs MacKay i his wasnt strange enough Dot Graham of Holland ar IHanie Pooe f the Brandon Gof anci Ciwnry Club had he Monties situation iacing them There were only four on the firs day of play be cause he ladies heid their last evening Today they wii be back to six draws Mil he secondary events will be opened today Drawmaster Ilalph Ny hoped to have the finals of all the event played on the 9 pm draw Thursday This is bar ring complications in the iVgs secondary event and the Shaw secondary The ladies are curling at a three the curling clubs in Brandon the Brandon Golf and Country Cub where hf wil paywl the Brands ur Ijegion Club Riverview Three members of the Miichrl rink the Manitoba ladies champions curling in the Ixmspiei with heir own rinks Mrs won both her 23Tes Monday Shirley Bray won ne st HS iid viark is not curling in the bonspiel Some f the favorites were beaten in hc first nay of piay Boyri of the Country Ciub was Doiwr Kunyay was also knocked from one o he f ens s was Doneen Brawn Kuth McLean of the Brandon Clun WHS aiso upset and Beryl Simpson of st one t games Sports Briefs TORONTO CP Bruce Kidd of Toronto the teenage running sensation of the early 1960s will attempt a comeback during the TelegramMaple Leaf Indoor Games March 1 after nearly four years of inac tivity Kidd who owned practically every middle distance and long distance record in Canada be fore he was 20 retired after the J964 Olympics in Tokyo He had failed to win a medal and later underwent surgery to correct injured leg tendons which had forced him to run on the outsides of his feei He ran in a number of On tario distance meets last year but said Im not planning a come back I just run for fun now He will compete in the Cana dian invitational onemile race March 1 as well as in the 880 yard relay Kidd has covered the mile in four minutes and 11 seconds and the twomile event in dur ing a series of tests recently al the U n i v e r s it y of Chicago where he is working on aPhD TORONTO CP Thomas Vernon Avers former National H o c k e y League defeuceman with New York Americans New York Rangers Montreal Ma roons and St Louis Flyers col lapsed and died on the ice in a fatherson hockey game Sunday night He was 59 In 28 fames with New York Hangers in 193536 Ayers col lected a sotal of 350 minuies in penalties while scoring six goal and 14 assists Born in Toronto Ayers grad uated from junior hockey with the Toronto Young Juniors and in 1930 started with the New Haven Eagles of the old Cana dianAmerican Hockey League In he same season he moved on to the New York Americans where he stayed until 1933 He played with Montreal Ma roons in the 193334 season be fore moving on to Quebec of the CAHL St Louis of the NHL in 193435 New York Rangers in 193536 Philadelphia of the CAHL from 1936 to 1938 Her shey of the CAHL in W3S39 and finally Pittsburgh of the CAHL in 193940 LONDON Reutersi George Hackenschmidt once the terror of the wrestling world and known as the strongest man in Bomber Native Series Tied At One Game Each The semifinals of the north division of the Southwest Inter mediate Hockey League started Sunday night in Minnedosa with Neepawa Natives dumping the hometown Bombers 64 Ian Kingdon and Larry Evans fired two goals each for the Natives with Harv Ebner and Barry Brooking tallying one goal apiece Wayne Black scored twice for the Bombers with sin gles going to Terry Wakley and Bob Graham Neepawa scored three goals in each of the first two periods while Minnedosa scored once in the first twice in the second and notched the lone tally in Ihe third period Neepawa took 11 of the 18 minor penalties handed out Last night the fourth place Bombers travelled to Neepawa to meet their firstplace opposi tion and evened the best of three series at one game each with a 51 riumph Dick Boyd led the winners with two goals both in the first period while Garner Shearer Brian Charette and Jim Peltz added singles Tan Kingdon scor ed Xeepawas lone marker Minnedosa led 31 after 20 minutes of play and scored their last two goals in the second pe riod There were 12 penalties called including one gamemidconduct to each club the world died here Monday He was IO Hackenschmidt the vussian lion was world champion heavyweight wrestler for 14 years He won two epic battles with Ahmed Madrali the terri ble Turk HackenschmicU a huge man with a domeshaped head con quered the Turk in seconds in their first fight in 1SXH in Lon don Two years later Hackensch midf beat Madrali in four min utes Hackensehmidt born in Esto nia moved to London in 1945 and five years later became a naturalized British subject JOMBEKLEY BC CP1 Vern Becker of K i m b e r I e y skipped his rink to an 84 win over John Kidd of Vancouver to win the British Columbia mixed curling championship Monday Becker curling flawlessly broke the heart of the Kidd foursome with one lough shot after another Four up coming home he still had to make his last rock to preserve the vic tory The win was his second straight of the day having beat Kidd earlier 73 Becker and his rink now will represent BC in St Boniface Alan March Ujfi competing for the Dominion championship Rounding out the winning foursome were Cherry Sander son third Sandy Sanderson sec ond and Betty Crooks lead LOUISVILLE Ky AP Thirteen thoroughbred mares all of them in foal died Sunday in a fire that swept through a barn at TinDor Farm about 20 miles northeast of Louisville The horses valued at about S200000 were being bred at the farm for five different owners Reds Too Good Olympic Hockey Comment JACKIE MacLEOD denies report Reds Blame Coaches MOSCOW i APi The Soviet press blamed Russias coaches for Soviet failure to come out on top at the Winter Olympics With millions of Soviet chil dren going in for wintersports there is a wide choice to pick future champions from the of ficial news agency Tass said Monday Soviet coaches have obvious ly failed to prepare superclass skiers and skaters for the Gren oble Olympics Tass complained that for IS years running Soviet male skiers have never won gold medals either at world cham pionships or the Olympics with the exception of the 195S relay On skating Pravda gives the view Soviet trainers have lost something in methodical train ing and at the same time have not found anything new The Soviet Union after win ning 11 gold medals at Inns bruck Austria four years ago got only five in the latest Olym pics along with five silver and hree bronze By THE CANADIAN PRESS The concensus of Canadian sports writers after Russias victory in ihe Olympic hockey tournament a Grenoble Satur day was iha Canadas national team was Iwaten by a far supe rior ub The Canadians won a bronze medal losing to Finland early in the tournament and again u the Russians Saturday in the fnal game that decided the goid medal The Russians were defeated only by Czechoslovakia which took the silver medal on the basis of its loss to Canada and a tie against Sweden The game was nn contest says Red Fisher of Montreal Star referring to Canadas 50 loss to the Russians Saturday Canada was beaten by a far better team bu the Canadians did better than anyone ex pected which may be worth something A sampling f newspaper comment Dick Beddoes in Toronto Globe and Mail Canadas national team mane the Olympic competition lively while it lasted Now we can fee cosy again we are back in ihe old groove are clearly represented before the world by loser Aubrey Keiier of Breton Post said We were beaten by a better team The system on which the Ca nadian national team is being built seems to be improving Maybe not as fast as it should Lets no quit as defeatisis Maybe there should be a shakeup in management and coaching Its worth checking Hal Walker of Calgary Her ald There is an attitude of to what about our side getting shellacked by the big bear in Grenoble but nearly everybody is full of gratuitous advice and ready to spank the Nats for their failure Ray Alviano of KitchenirWs terloo Record In previous years the Can ucks were inevitably getting the short end of the stick from ref erees There was no pointing Nats Plagued By Misfortunes Blues Vikings Share First To Taste Victory Vincent Masscy Vikings mov ed into a first place tie with the previously undefeated BCI Blues in the Brandon High School Bssketball League The Vikings squeezed by the Rlues 2925 It was he scconi meeting for the two arch rivals BC won the first contest the first game of the year a Vin cem Massey The powerful Mas sey crew came back Friday night lo defeat he Bines in their own back yard So far this year these two clubs have met three times once in ihe Brandon University Basketball Tournament which Massey won The Vikings now have a 21 record with BCI Three of Massey s starting five all notched eight points each iii the defensive conies Centre loe Burgess Rod Lin denbera and Dwight Kearns all had eight points A Ross had three and Ken Baker two Dan Didttck Gary Smith combination once again proved to be the best for the Blues as they picked up 10 and eight points respectively Centre Lar ry Rorionbush held to four poins and Chuck Corly added three Massey stormed to a half lime load of 21K before BC came on in the last half outscoring their visitors 17R Over at Harrison the third place Harrison Hawks came up with a 5433 win over the winless Lozanski Named To Executive DAUPHIN Special1 Dau ers Association at the groups phin man Bert Snarl was elect organizational meeing held at ed president of the newly form Gilbert Plains recently ed Manitoba Horseshoe Pitch Tea Lozanski and Kudolph Ne r b a s of Grandview were elected the second and first vice presidents of the association wih Miss lean Rudd of Makin ak filling the secretarytreasur ers position Committee members of the newly formed MHPA are Char lie Brandson of Swan River Stanley Safronetz of Roblin Mel Stoughton of Gilbert Plains and Clarence MeTavish of Dauphin Mrs Blanche Brown of Dauphin will act as publicity chairman After ihe official election of officers the new president Bert Snart took over the meeting to allow the organizations members to ratify the various rules and regulations of ihe body such as formally adopting the or ganizations name The new association will be the official governing body for horseshoes in Manitoba All the rules and bylaws of the parent Canadian Horseshoe Pitcher Association were adopted Tne Manitoba segment of Ihe national association was officiali ly formed in an effort lo sain recognition by the Canadian soriation i TORONTO CP I was one of those tours the Canadian na tiona hockey team would rather do without And misfortune dogged them all the way home to Winnipeg No only did they fall from the brink of an Olympic gold medal by losing n to the Rus sian national team Saturday and settle for third place behind Czechoslovakia they also lost Iheir plane home Air Canada Flight 909 on cellardwelling Neclin Spartans Bill Grossman and a y n e Forsyihe paced Aubrey Ferris Hawks with 15 and 12 points each Scot Gordon had eight Garth Dandy seven B Shepp six B Christiansen four with N Joss and M Rankmore with wo points each Me Siadnyk and D Dickson were the top scorers for Neelin with 15 and Ipoints respec tively D Hildebrand and Ken Martinuok scored two points each Neelin held a 75 load after the first 5 minutes with Hawks holding a lfi14 lead at the half In the third quarter Harrison crushed the Spartans outscoring them 171 MARSHALL JOHNSTON shutout disappointing which they were to leave here 31 pm EST developed me chanical troubles and was de layed until after to pm To set ihe team home closer to their expected pm CST arrival lime Air Canada booked them on a Vanguard Flight 453 scheduled in leave Toronto at pm EST and arrive in Winnipeg at pm CST hopefully in throngs of welcom ing fans When the airplane touched down after a flight from Europe via Montreal the players coach Jackie MacLeod and Father David Bauer team adviser were not downcast after losing j io the Russians As defenceman Marshall lohn ston put it I dont think any body really expected to beat the Russians Getting shut out is most disappointing He is one of nine Nationals on the negotiation list of Minnesota North Stars of the National Hockey League and Monday said he plans to discuss terms with Minnesota managercoach Wren Blair Biair in a telephone interview from Minneapolis Monday said he had no plans for discussing contracts with the Nationals for a few days MacLeod denied plans to join New York Rangers of the NHL the nathy finger at the offi cials this time Maurice Smith of Winnipeg Free Press The Russian bear was sti the Russian po ished poised and allround superb machine capa ble of defeating any team in he world Jack Matheson of Winnipeg Tribune I dont know if we really felt we had a chance against the Russians The whole concept of the national team is wrona But sending a junior team isnt the answer and weve tried he seniors before Id say we need a council of war with the National Hockey League We have to lay ii on the line espe cially to the teams in Montreal and Toronto and ask for help Bill Westwick of Ottawa Jour nal Canadas team gave this country excellent representation throughout the tournament Eric Whitehead af Vancouver Province If you are a realist you have to feel there is no way any Canadian team in the foresee able future can whip the Rus sians on their best day unless we adopt their thoroughly professional approach to prepa ration Marcel of Mont real La More than a bnmze medal was expected from our national team But then on the other hand did we honestly believe it capable of winning a gold In al fairness it must be said that the Russians played a hockey match which was per fect natiitrti tOKrn fin ne ohcr hbfid unex Then were all he offsides tha vrrp Russians managed avoid thi fault Sports Mii Iunne Toronto Star w lim Kearney of Vancouver Sun M were both in Grenoble were both loud in fneir praise of the Rus sians Pro scoiits and other hockey men from Canada here for the iotniymeiu arc senoraMy con vinced ha after nihrep months exposure to profession al rules the Russians couid play in the National Hockey Ijeague and win a playoff posi tion in either division Kearney sai Certainly our nations team was sneezing against thunder when it tried tn cpt the job lone said Dunnell This i the stark fact that will cause the Canadian Ama teur Hockey Association some leepless nights The gap be tween Canada and the comrades has widened instead of closing f HALLS tor HEADLIGHT HALLS SAFETY SERVICE 1425 Pacific RENT Typewriters Adding Machines Calculators Gestetner Duplicators Photocopy Equipment Dictating and Transcribing Machines Desks and Chairs ALL WITH A PURCHASE RENTAL PLAN We Sell The Best and Fix The Best H R HOFFMAN 133 9th SUeet George A Fletcher Certified Hearing Aid Audiotogist Accusticon Hearing Aids Room 76 Clement Block 7273429 BARNEYS BANQUET ROOM for Dinner Meetings Dancing Parties A complete Stenography Servjce Duplicating Mailing Typing seldom sick but never well Buy Canadian The rest of the world does Smooth and mellow Canadian Ciub is His worlds lightest whisky And The Best In The House in 87 lands CHALLENGE OF THE WEEK THE FACULTY OF BRANDON UNIVERSITY CHALLENGES THE YMCA to o CURLING MATCH To be held WEDNESDAY FEB 21 pm at the Brandon Curling Chih This advertisement sponsored by your local dealers End Constipation Worries with Herbs A bowel may be the hkhien cause of your half sick feelings Dire i on diet ami A joti life the colon is a source of many nnwelcome svmpiomv I licse include gas vUn Wem luck of energy chronic fatigue And as one doctor foul condition of the hreath spesks volumes what nay he suspected lower cioxvn Constipation sufferers should heeii their doctors warning acairjsr the use of harsh ifriv inj purgative drugs These can do more harm than good The richt answer is often found in changing your diet correcting had bowel habits and the use 01 senile herbs Gentle Relief With Natures Herbs Would yon like to use s livc whose effects you can easily control s laxative which taken before retiring leis oi siecr soundly yet easy nastira boue on waking or iirivin force out griping There is such a laxative ria iaxa He or i is called H The ply cntrc of Win iil letters from Hase the purpose o cn s to introduce I his aiih n SlOMU Health Su nipeg his of Stomach And r to new Stomach Ease Tablets contain a ucii balanced blend nine hrtb TOOK ami barks Thi fnrnviii acis is a gentle Houe iroom I aids iipcsiion rehears fortc which ids no on1 on n i aKo on hc live and kidneys io nciime inaijoM u n riai carons of ii oi ini the Kon oim of IIMI for S50 1 ry then ncr ni imcortdt iionii back cuarantee The Health Supply Centres STOMACH EASE TABLETS AVAILABLE AT JOHNSTONS DRUGS 730 Rosser Avenue CLEMENTS DRUG STORE Clemtnt Block CLINIC PHARMACY 34 McTavish Avenue cast

Once again, I don't mind giving it to a moderator so he can confirm its legit.

joeyjoe

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 05:57:43 PM

LOL!

the first text: "PAGE TWENTY-SIX THE NEWS PALLADIUM, BENTON HARBOR, MICH. FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 26, 1965"

www.newspaperarchive.com/News_Articles/Congo.html

Im sick of the amount of scamming that goes on here.

**update** : just see you removed the new post with another example.. not looking good for you.

SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 05:58:06 PM

Nope..

Because I gave you two articles from the very first page of the database, so yes, there's a high chance its used. And not only that, as I said in the first post, these are articles made by journalists/reporters, so there's always the chance they've published them theirselves.

Once again, I don't mind giving it to a moderator so he can confirm its legit.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1982&dat=19651126&id=sfNiAAAAIBAJ&sjid=2m0NAAAAIBAJ&pg=2912,4191181
johnj

Activity: 154

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 05:58:56 PM

http://www.worldvitalrecords.com/SingleIndexListView.aspx?ix=newspaperarchives&hpp=10&qt=l&zln=Tshombe

Edit: oh, you already edited your post of your article you dared us to find.

1AeW7QK59HvEJwiyMztFH1ubWPSLLKx5ym
TradeHill Referral TH-R120549
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: