Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 08:05:48 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Liqui.io is Exiting Scam?  (Read 132 times)
bosta20 (OP)

Activity: 106
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 07:53:15 AM

Liqui.io is currently delisting high profile tokens/coins, could this be an exit SCAM?

https://www.ccn.com/exit-scam-crypto-exchange-delists-high-profile-tokens/

Let's discuss!
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2800
Merit: 3847

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 07:56:38 AM

From to article: "As noted by the Reddit post, Liqui’s 290,000+ users were only given 29 days total to withdraw their funds."

If they were going to do an exit scam, they would probably just lock out people's accounts instead of giving them a withdrawal time frame. Not saying they're not exit scamming though, but they're probably just planning on closing down their exchange.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
bitfocus

Activity: 532
Merit: 15

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 08:09:08 AM

if that was any exit scam, why would they ask the users to take away their funds in a month?
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 6158

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 08:14:12 AM

I wouldn't be surprised If they do that, that exchange is almost as unprofessional as YoBit but it doesn't make sense to delist coins in the first place, the team is unknown they could just run away with funds.

I'm also not sure how a full month is not enough, by the way, an exchange is supposed to be for trading and not holding your funds so If you leave your coins there for that long, it means you don't really care.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
bosta20 (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 09:00:20 AM

Thanks for all your contributions!
bosta20 (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 09:01:26 AM

Rather than discussing a shitcoin possibly being an exit scam people should just ask "is it bitcoin?" then decide if they care or not what it does.

If it's not bitcoin, don't care. This is the bitcoin discussion forum btw...

You are funny...lol...this is an exchange...lol
Gershonxer

Activity: 237
Merit: 4

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 09:36:59 AM

Too bad for Liqui Users. After my experience with them, I so much dont like them.
I requested for withdrawal for taas token to my MEW wallet in order for me to recieve quarterly dividend. I did not receive the token. I messaged support several times but did not solve the issue. And that was how I missed the dividend and did not receive my token.
Liqui has now gotten a bad rep. I wouldn't be suprised for thm to exit scam
bosta20 (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 09:39:31 AM

Too bad for Liqui Users. After my experience with them, I so much dont like them.
I requested for withdrawal for taas token to my MEW wallet in order for me to recieve quarterly dividend. I did not receive the token. I messaged support several times but did not solve the issue. And that was how I missed the dividend and did not receive my token.
Liqui has now gotten a bad rep. I wouldn't be suprised for thm to exit scam

Too bad....sorry for your lost...
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 02:43:18 PM

I'm also not sure how a full month is not enough, by the way, an exchange is supposed to be for trading and not holding your funds so If you leave your coins there for that long, it means you don't really care.

People just leave their coins sitting in their account there and not look back until their price alarm app notifies them when prices have gone up or down a lot.

It comes down to idiots on social media calling themselves crypto influencers, where they openly recommend people to use an exchange they trust for coin storage. In other words, ignorance because they have been wrongly informed, and that's why these fake ass crypto influencers are a pest to this ecosystem.

Exchanges must be feasting on these idiots, especially when it concerns POS coins that people have sitting in their accounts for ages.
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2800
Merit: 3847

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 03:29:23 PM

People just leave their coins sitting in their account there and not look back until their price alarm app notifies them when prices have gone up or down a lot.

It comes down to idiots on social media calling themselves crypto influencers, where they openly recommend people to use an exchange they trust for coin storage. In other words, ignorance because they have been wrongly informed, and that's why these fake ass crypto influencers are a pest to this ecosystem.

Exchanges must be feasting on these idiots, especially when it concerns POS coins that people have sitting in their accounts for ages.

I agree with you to an extent. Compared to the deadlines of other exchanges, 1 month is quite short. But honestly though, 1 month is long enough. It takes what, 30 minutes at maximum to withdraw your funds? I can't comprehend how careless people are with their funds; especially with some people with their exchange accounts containing thousands of dollars. It's mind boggling.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 07:29:58 PM

I wouldn't jump to conclusions right now. They are still allowing users to withdraw their funds at this stage it seems, even though they are delisting coins.

However, I would personally never use them due to their proven incompetency in their customer support and processing withdrawals and deposits. I used them a year back or so where I encountered a problem with a withdrawal that was delayed for hours. Thankfully, that was solved. But others have experienced delays for weeks or even months and can't even reach support as it is completely unresponsive.

Their delisting of tokens is quite shady and I think the bottom line is that if you do have funds on liqui, no matter whether it is actually delisted or not, take it out. There are not a trustworthy exchange at this stage.

Smiley
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 09:33:00 PM

Their delisting of tokens is quite shady and I think the bottom line is that if you do have funds on liqui, no matter whether it is actually delisted or not, take it out. There are not a trustworthy exchange at this stage.
I don't see how it's shady. As far as I can see, they have done everything needed to notify users that coins will be delisted. The only debatable aspect is their time frame in which they expect users to withdraw their funds.

There is a saying: you get what you pay for. I think that's the right way to describe these exchanges. If you want better, more professional service, go to an exchange as Kraken or Binance, it's that simple.

People have to accept that these things can happen when they bet on shitcoins. There are over 10,000 coins and tokens in existence, try to pick one that doesn't screw you over one way or another, it's simply impossible.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: