Bitcoin Forum
July 30, 2024, 03:23:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ledger Live to Ledger nano S  (Read 87 times)
johnar (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 09:22:40 AM

Hello, a noobie here with a noobie question. I hope i'm posting in the right place.

I have a problem, which i think is really just an ignorance of  'the way things work'.

I understand that to send altcoins you need an address to send them to, and to receive altcoins you need to generate a receive address and send that to whoever is sending altcoins to me.
  But, how oh how, do i 'transfer' my cryptocurrencies from my computer to my hardware wallet?
 I'm using 'Ledger Live' and have a Ledger Nano S hardware wallet.
 I've looked and looked but everything i find seems to be about 'sending crypto to someone/somewhere else, or receiving from someone somewhere else. When i think i might be getting somewhere i see mention of fees, but how can there be fees when all i want to do is transfer MY coins into My hardware wallet?
 I am a noob, but i'm trying hard, and this is something i just can't seem to get my head around.
 How to transfer my Crypto from Ledger Live onto my ledger nano S?
 I've contacted Ledger, but as of yet, no reply.
 Can anyone please enlighten me?
MadGamer
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1031

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 06:05:20 PM

Ledger Live is the software used to interact with Ledger nano S. If you have funds inside Ledger live then it means they are inside the hardware wallet as well.
johnar (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 10:38:20 AM

. Ok. Thanks for that. Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: