Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 04:02:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Avoid MEW Phishing  (Read 804 times)
MadGamer (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1031

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 01:40:29 PM

It's really simple. Use MyCrypto instead of Myetherwallet. It's made by the same team, It looks the same and it has more improvements so there is no reason why you wouldn't use it.

I haven't seen a single phishing attempt yet targeting Mycrypto, most likely because hackers are not really aware of it as of now as not many people use it. Either way, the domain name is shorter so It's unlikely that you'll fall it.
AgatioX

Activity: 546
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 01:43:11 PM

Now is the time that 100% can not be trusted to anyone. I don't know why you think that MyCrypto is harder to hack than MEW. If they want to hack - then they will hack you
maman567

Activity: 648
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 01:50:23 PM

You have secure and always keep your asset with many phising website of mew, you have bookmark and keep your asset safe by access to correct link, keep away from access some link is not good and from some thing do not know because it make you lost your asset.
Bitkoplak

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 01:52:10 PM

Thank you for the info, friend, but I still use myetherwallet, and as long as it's safe, as long as our private key is not given to others
Peterdav

Activity: 840

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 01:57:30 PM

Thank you for the info, friend, but I still use myetherwallet, and as long as it's safe, as long as our private key is not given to others
That's true and me too still using myetherwallet and never get into trouble as long as we store our privatekey safely. And most importantly bookmark the myetherwallet site.
Cryptoguru274

Activity: 280

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2018, 02:09:48 PM

It's really simple. Use MyCrypto instead of Myetherwallet. It's made by the same team, It looks the same and it has more improvements so there is no reason why you wouldn't use it.

I haven't seen a single phishing attempt yet targeting Mycrypto, most likely because hackers are not really aware of it as of now as not many people use it. Either way, the domain name is shorter so It's unlikely that you'll fall it.

I think MyCrypto might be a very good option to MyEtherwallet, for security reasons it's not always good to use one type wallet to store your tokens,with its incorporation with other security tools like metamask I think it's highly secured.

Metall303

Activity: 891

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 02:15:00 PM

That's true and me too still using myetherwallet and never get into trouble as long as we store our privatekey safely. And most importantly bookmark the myetherwallet site.
The main thing is not to show your private key when you shoot some kind of video for YouTube)

I use both MEW and Mycrypto. But MEW is more convenient for me

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
kiemnhieutien

Activity: 490
Merit: 17

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 02:20:35 PM

MEW is enough for me. It's safe and easy to use. If you can, show the improvements that MyCrypto has done to prove that MyCrypto is safer than MEW. I don't think MyCrypto has the same development team with MEW because there is no reason for them to develop a new project with same use case.
kier010

Activity: 532

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 02:24:13 PM

did not experience any problem with mew especially with phishing links because i always secure and do safety steps to avoid getting hack. there are tips and guides how not to get hack in this forum. better bookmark mew and use metamask.
krisnajsadrak

Activity: 1092
Merit: 250

Hodlers Network

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 02:28:42 PM

just bookmark myetherwallet official website,, and do not click an suspicious link in the internet,, for example in your email, or other webiste
i think your mew address will be safe my friend
note : is still use myetherwallet and never use mycrypto until now

Sultanar484
Copper Member

Activity: 232

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 02:32:11 PM

I haven't seen any proof about Myetherwallet created by scam team. Myetherwallet is being used by almost 9 out of 10 crypto relevant people. MEW are always warning people not to click on phishing links, checking green url, using metamask are more safe to use private key.

bartolo

Activity: 1176
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 02:44:08 PM

Maybe the reason is that the website version of Mycrypto doesn't allow users access their wallets with their private keys, they need to download the desktop app to do it.
santino11

Activity: 448
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 02:47:38 PM

It will always depend on the user on how they will handle the wallet.
Make sure that you have a safe website or link.
https://www.myetherwallet.com <<< that is the safe link.
Make sure that it is saved on your browser.
Also, please make sure that your private key is safe and not shared with anyone.
mayan251

Activity: 267

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2018, 02:57:08 PM

In my opinion, Myetherwallet is still trustworthy. If you do not disclose the private key. Hackers can't crack your wallet at all. Unless you click the phishing website yourself. Try not to click on strange websites.

Debonaire217

Activity: 644
Merit: 364

In Code We Trust

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 03:03:23 PM

I guess the reason why myetherwallet is more vulnerable to phishing is because it is consisted of the characters "l" which can be substituted by the upper case of "i". In this case, the users will not going to notice some changes to it and it really looks like the original website.
eagleman

Activity: 1190
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 03:08:58 PM

While its early, you can use it but I doubt that hackers probably didn't really know that mycrypto is MEW alike.

Be a responsible wallet user whether its MEW or mycrypto, don't be fooled by phishing sites and don't click email provided links.
asepsetiawan1990

Activity: 532

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 03:15:07 PM

Positive things we must support, but we still have to be aware of any form of threat to the wallet starting from each of us.
kostepanych2

Activity: 1274
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 03:18:04 PM

You haven't seen a single phishing attempt yet targeting Mycrypto just because it's much less popular then MEW...
But I think it's just a matter of time...
I suggest to use offline MEW or Mycrypto wallets...
Tamilson

Activity: 1022
Merit: 503

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 03:45:38 PM

I think MyCrypto might be a very good option to MyEtherwallet, for security reasons it's not always good to use one type wallet to store your tokens,with its incorporation with other security tools like metamask I think it's highly secured.

That's right. Installing metamask as extension is really a thing now since phishing sites are everywhere and in just one wrong click everything will be messed up.
Though I'm not a fan of MyCrypto as I'm still good in MEW, so I think I'll just stick to it to avoid overlapping.

Happy Coding Life Smiley
hadveach

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 03:52:28 PM

Thank you for your information, but I prefer not to act carelessly, such as clicking on any bid on an unclear website, and I always attention for typing of private data on a secure website, installing security extensions on the browser, and being careful of the pop-up services when we open a website.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: