Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:14:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Avoid MEW Phishing  (Read 801 times)
Maricel2017

Activity: 448
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 02:27:14 PM

I do not trust MEW because i experience to got scammed even i do not disclosed my credential to anybody. No email alert happened all my coins was taken away and i feel so down that time then sending email to their support but no response.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DonnieMitchel

Activity: 194
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 02:30:24 PM

In my opinion, MEW is save and if someone decided to hack, they can do it no matter how.
MEW or MyCrypto, it all depend on us how we are securing our details.
OneCoinMan

Activity: 644
Merit: 12

Alternative investment banking platform

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 03:19:19 PM

Phishing is a problem only for users. Because the project team cannot fix it. This topic is more like an advertisement. Yeah, every site can be double bottom. And the little-known sites themselves may be fraudulent ..

───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]
Diva1993
Copper Member

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

Custom Contract Network (CCN)

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 03:42:31 PM

Since you said that MyCrypto and MyEtherWallet was developed by the same team, I do not see why I should think one is safer than one because they would be running the exact same software and security measures in both so both are prone to attacks.

Bomber007
Copper Member

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

Velic Ecosystem

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 03:44:16 PM

You have said it all but to be frank, I think both are the same since they are from the same team, the best advice you can possibly give is for people to bookmark the website link to avoid a going to a scam website.

Nisansala

Activity: 384
Merit: 11

First LEARN then EARN

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2018, 03:44:50 PM

Thanks for the details bro, my friend MEW also hacked, But it was his fault. but i believe mew also have good security

iamlds08

Activity: 490
Merit: 110

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 03:49:03 PM

i am using myetherwallet since i have started in crypto and as of today i dont get hacked because i do take care of my keys and i dont go on smelly website where i can catch malwares. just do proper preventive measures
jardine

Activity: 679
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 06:00:20 PM

1) Just add right address to your bookmark https://www.myetherwallet.com/
2) Install chrome extension EAL (EtherAddressLookup), which alarm you if you on phishing site
3) Prefer to use .json file + password; not private key. It can safe you from key loggers, if your PC was infected by one.

BITCOINTALKTELEGRAMTWITTERFACEBOOK ●  DISCORD
  SEDO POW TOKEN    DOCUMENT MANAGEMENT SYSTEM BASED  ON BLOCKCHAIN
Jating

Activity: 2912
Merit: 808

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 06:22:35 PM

It's really simple. Use MyCrypto instead of Myetherwallet. It's made by the same team, It looks the same and it has more improvements so there is no reason why you wouldn't use it.

Its not made by the same team. Actually its more than that, there was some power grabbing MEW that resulted to some of them separating and putting up MyCrypto.

I haven't seen a single phishing attempt yet targeting Mycrypto, most likely because hackers are not really aware of it as of now as not many people use it. Either way, the domain name is shorter so It's unlikely that you'll fall it.

Yes. Because majority of investors are still using MEW because they're used to it. You just have to learn how to protect your account and you're good to go. Please there's a lot of helpful tips around that will reduce your chance of being phished.
supermine

Activity: 826
Merit: 518

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 06:27:00 PM

It's really simple. Use MyCrypto instead of Myetherwallet. It's made by the same team, It looks the same and it has more improvements so there is no reason why you wouldn't use it.

I haven't seen a single phishing attempt yet targeting Mycrypto, most likely because hackers are not really aware of it as of now as not many people use it. Either way, the domain name is shorter so It's unlikely that you'll fall it.
Hiding to save ourself is not a good thought if they want they can phise the mycrypto wallet too so the thing we need to do is how to avoid the phising attacks and save our cryotos from that by checking the site when entering into it by checking the domain name which can help us to save is from revealing our private keys and dont enter private keys any wjere other than the real site.
AgentZero23

Activity: 644
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2018, 07:43:44 PM

I don't think i would change to Mycrypto as Mew wallet is more than enough. I've been using Mew for over a year now and I haven't experienced targeting by phishing sites. You need to bookmark the site of mew and I'm using Eset mobile security with anti phishing. And always check the browser if the connection is secure and your good.
Lisa110386

Activity: 1204
Merit: 13

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 08:07:23 PM

I also use desktop application Mycrypto, and it is very convenient. Before  to this, used the MEW, but be sure to keep a bookmark from the official site and through it went into the wallet. And I agree, that the mail began to come a lot of suspicious letters, I do not even open them.
michael23

Activity: 560
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 10:39:27 PM

This is just the first time there will be no phishing sites. The more popular will be the wallet, the more likely that it will pay attention to hackers, and then wait for the first news about the hacking will not be long.
daporivera

Activity: 402
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2018, 10:49:29 PM

Personally, I feel my etherwallet is secure and reliable. However, You have to ensure you don't unknowingly expose your private key to anyone or click on strange links and also avoid phishing site to avoid getting hacked. I have been using MEW for a while and no complaint of such.

Code:
★      ★   ★     MoonConnect.net     ★   ★      ★
A Crypto with Democratic Token Distribution, Static Reflection and more
Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 11:06:49 PM

This is not really a way to try to avoid losing your coins, you are relying on that website to remain unknown forever, what it is going to happen when that website becomes popular and hackers see an opportunity to make money with it? You're going to have the very same problem that you have with myetherwallet, just bookmark the myetherwallet website, it is easier and it is safer than to try another website.
judeafante

Activity: 2254
Merit: 258

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 11:30:25 PM

It's really not yet that popular to get targetted I'm also using MyCrypto desktop version because I feel secure using it, but I still prefer hardware wallet when storing a huge amount of coins, but when it comes to security, even if you have a good wallet if you are not that knowledgeable in securing your wallet it is useless.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
carrascos

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 11:34:18 PM

a lot of my friends got to phishing sites related to cryptocurrency so be very careful if you don’t want to lose all your money

◯●●●●●       OmniBazaar.com       ●●●●●◯
Shop without middlemen. Pay without bankers
Gaggy185

Activity: 437
Merit: 100

Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 11:37:50 PM

Current MEW phising situation is very much happening. So be wary of entering wallet information at any website. The best way is to bookmark your website regularly to avoid being trapped by phishing websites.

AIGO
Adoption Blockchain
e-Commerce to World

..Find Us!:..

▄███▄
▀███▀

▄███▄    ▄██▄    ▄█████▄
█████    ████▄██████████▄
█████    ████████████████
█████    ███████▀  ███████
█████    █████▀      ██████
█████    █████        █████
▀███▀    ▀███▀        ▀███▀

▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
ziac
Copper Member

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

”Decentralized Digital Billboards”

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 10:52:54 PM

This could easily avoided if people will give value to their security and could extensively examine the site where they input their private keys and avoid downloading things that are suspicious and unncesessary

https://bidooh.io/ ▸▸  Decentralized Digital Billboards
Backed by OKEx & Director of Manchester United    ●●
judeafante

Activity: 2254
Merit: 258

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 10:58:35 PM

I stopped using myetherwallet and instead shifted to mycrypto desktop wallet like all the rest of us here, these are because of the so many hacking that has happened and so many phishing websites that targetted Myetherwallet, it's not safe to use MEW if you are ignorant in securing your computer or clicking a lot of links.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████