Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 03:50:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Did you know that...  (Read 224 times)
ZhuldyzKaladinova (OP)

Activity: 289
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 02:11:19 PM

...back in the day you could post "interested" on the thread of NEM (New Economy Movement) and you received a so-called NEMstake worth 2.25 million XEM. Yes you read that right.

Some people became multi-millionaires for posting a simple "interested" on a thread - if you did manage to HODL. XEM's peak was over $1.50/XEM. Granted, not many people are able (either on purpose or by accident) to hodl for that long, in fact it's probably less than 1% of all people in crypto

So next time you feel special about your stake in a promising project, keep this in mind. Not saying that this will ever happen again (it could have been a one time thing) but never say never, right?
cardanofan

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 02:14:29 PM

wow do you have links? I'll google on that
kiemnhieutien

Activity: 490
Merit: 17

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 02:15:46 PM

It will never happen again because the way to promoting new project has changed. In the past because the cryptocurrency community is not big so it was a good way for XEM to reach more people. Now everythign has changed, more better ways to promote a project.
ZhuldyzKaladinova (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 02:19:08 PM

It will never happen again because the way to promoting new project has changed. In the past because the cryptocurrency community is not big so it was a good way for XEM to reach more people. Now everythign has changed, more better ways to promote a project.

If it never happens again it means that those who this happened to have some sort of Legendary status indeed. It's crazy to even think that something like this has actually happened, don't you think? Smiley

Anyway I'm quite convinced that something similar will happen again or is happening right now as we speak. The main difference compared to back then is that everything has become so much more, there's just no way to keep up with everything.

When I started with crypto a few hours a day gave you a pretty good overview of everything
kiemnhieutien

Activity: 490
Merit: 17

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 02:26:42 PM

If it never happens again it means that those who this happened to have some sort of Legendary status indeed. It's crazy to even think that something like this has actually happened, don't you think? Smiley

Anyway I'm quite convinced that something similar will happen again or is happening right now as we speak. The main difference compared to back then is that everything has become so much more, there's just no way to keep up with everything.

When I started with crypto a few hours a day gave you a pretty good overview of everything
Agreed.
But as you said. Who could hold long enough? If i was one of them, i would sell immediately when XEM get listed. Because it's free and who could image it can reach $1?
cepot9

Activity: 1050
Merit: 102

Cryptocurrency addict | Invest at your own risk.

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 02:28:07 PM

we cannot predict the success of the project 100% and even though the project we think is good, suddenly it breaks down and collapses. here we also use the luck system
benalexis12

Activity: 826
Merit: 117

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2018, 02:29:46 PM

I'm actually considered that as a airdrop but luckily i've heard that to all the council members of Nem. And they applied SuperNode which is very expensive to reach and it will cost million of dollars to register.

ZhuldyzKaladinova (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 02:30:05 PM

Agreed.
But as you said. Who could hold long enough? If i was one of them, i would sell immediately when XEM get listed. Because it's free and who would believe it can reach $1?

Yes, exactly. And you're certainly not alone, it's only natural to do it this way because everything is uncertain.

Then again the coins were free so it would have been quite smart to give it a chance and wait. Cause there was nothing to lose and extremely much to win. In fact the project seemed very promising at the time.
cescudero95

Activity: 98
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 02:31:13 PM

There is wisdom in the phrase 'Good things come to those who wait', but it is certainly not universal.  Regardless, very interesting fact.  I hope those who benefited from that were able to use the money to improve their and their loved one's lives.  Small wealth in the ballpark of $3 million is a nice sum, but not something you can be reckless with.  I know how I'd manage it, but financial literacy is in something of short supply in modern society.

ripaex (https://ripaex.io/)
Marketplace
Gabteb

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 02:36:00 PM

Yep you are right never say never everything can happen in the world especially in crypto so what happens with us never give up ,never its very important.

█████
                        █████████████
                     █████████████
                 ██████████████        █████
              █████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████        █████████████
       █████████████        █████████████       ██████
       ██████████        ████████████           ██████
       ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
       ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
       ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
       █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
       █████████████       █████████████        ██████
       ██████████       █████████████           ██████
       ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
       ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
       ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
       ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
       ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
       ██████           █████████████       ██████████
       ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                 █████████████       █████████████
              ████████████        █████████████
                  ████         ████████████
                           █████████████
                         ███████████
                            █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications

ElenaN

Activity: 308
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 02:43:10 PM

I really hope that this will happen again, because there will still be a lot of coins that will evolve in step with the times and bear fruit to investors!
Debonaire217

Activity: 644
Merit: 364

In Code We Trust

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 02:45:18 PM

...back in the day you could post "interested" on the thread of NEM (New Economy Movement) and you received a so-called NEMstake worth 2.25 million XEM. Yes you read that right.

Some people became multi-millionaires for posting a simple "interested" on a thread - if you did manage to HODL. XEM's peak was over $1.50/XEM. Granted, not many people are able (either on purpose or by accident) to hodl for that long, in fact it's probably less than 1% of all people in crypto

So next time you feel special about your stake in a promising project, keep this in mind. Not saying that this will ever happen again (it could have been a one time thing) but never say never, right?

That is a very interesting topic to come up with. I think if you could share some links regarding some articles that is about that topic, many of bitcointalk users will be encouraged to HODL and trust in the cryptocurrency more.
mayan251

Activity: 267
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2018, 02:45:55 PM

This is called airdrop. Such activities are rare nowadays. But now there is no way to predict the value of a altcoins in the future. I hope everyone can hold their valuable coins.

arjuna BTC

Activity: 994
Merit: 250

BabelFish - FISH Token Sale at Sovryn

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 02:47:28 PM

thats why crypto is unpredictable and everything is possible in crypto world
a lot of people become a weak hands in this red market,,
but when the green come, all people will shout out
i believe history repeat itself,, and all the past will happend automatically in the future  Wink

USD Stablecoin Aggregator
                                              ▄███████
                                            ▄█▀▄█████▀
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      █▀▄███████
          ▄▄████████████████▄▄▀▀██████▄   ▄█ ███████
  ▄     ▄██▀▀▀▀█████████▄▀██████▄▄▀▀████  █████████▀
▄███▄ ▄███ █▀▀█ █████████▄█▀████████▄▄▀▀███████████
██ ▀███▀ █▄▀▀▀▀▄███ ██▀████▄▀████████▀███████████▀▀
██  ███████████████ ██ █████ ███▀▀▄▄▄██████████████
██▄██▀█████████████ ███ ███  ▄▄▄█████▀██▀▀█████████
 ▀█▀   ▀████████▀▀▄██▀ ▀▀▄▄██▄▄▀██▀▄▄██    ████████▄
         ▀█████▄█▀▀▀▄█████████▀▄▄▄███▀      ▀███████
               ▀▀▀███████████▄▄████▀          ██████▄
                                               ▀▀█████
BabelFish███████▄
▀█████▄▀█▄
 ███████▄▀█      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ███████ █▄   ▄██████▀▀▄▄████████████████▄▄
  ▀█████████  ████▀▀▄▄██████▀▄█████████▀▀▀▀██▄     ▄
   ███████████▀▀▄▄████████▀█▄█████████ █▀▀█ ███▄ ▄███▄
   ▀▀███████████▀████████▀▄████▀██ ███▄▀▀▀▀▄█ ▀███▀ ██
   ██████████████▄▄▄▀▀███ █████ ██ ███████████████  ██
   █████████▀▀██▀█████▄▄▄  ███ ███ █████████████▀██▄██
  ▄████████    ██▄▄▀██▀▄▄██▄▄▀▀ ▀██▄▀▀████████▀   ▀█▀
  ███████▀      ▀███▄▄▄▀█████████▄▀▀▀█▄█████▀
 ▄██████          ▀████▄▄████████████▀▀
█████▀▀
FISH token sale at Sovryn
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
team87

Activity: 336

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 03:15:31 PM

This is the first time I read a description that explains in detail about estimation or calculation methods. If some people say like Airdrop, I think that is true and seems to still make sense. Thank you, even though I'm a little confused.
ShadowBits

Activity: 994
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 03:40:03 PM

Yes, perhaps thing got so difficult this team because a lot of people are now aware about the community and they joined here to get money from those kinds of free stuff also.
hardinero007

Activity: 938
Merit: 266

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2018, 03:44:27 PM

Wow i dont know how just a simple word can change a man’s life forever in a massive way.  They say great chance comes only once in a lifetime.  Maybe this can be considered as that.  If only we could turn back clock...
Kingairdrop

Activity: 552

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 03:49:52 PM

I could remember those good old days, everything about cryptocurrency was easy, very interesting and encouraging. But the reverse has been the case presently, it veey difficult to get free coins and even after the stress the probability of getting up to 10$ after holding for a while is uncertain and discouraging  Cry

✣ ▌ ✣ ▌ ✣ ▌ ✣ Seasonal Tokens ✣ ▌✣ ▌ ✣ ▌ ✣
█ ✣ ▌PROTECT YOUR FUNDS AND GROW YOUR WEALTH OVER TIME ▌✣ █
www.seasonaltokens.org
Musia

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

https://saturn.black

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 03:50:21 PM

Yeah, I wouldn't swear. NEM can repeat his feat again and take new heights. And it is interesting that he took a new height when all the coins have already started to fall. I think he might rise again.

SATURN
Liquidity providerfor crypto markets Cross-chain Exchange & OTC trading Platform
────────  Facebook Twitter ♦  Telegram ♦  Blog ♦  Bitcointalk   ────────
Insert_

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 04:11:38 PM

the thing is that someone is lucky and someone did not have time, I think this will not happen again, there are good projects that promise a lot, but over time, many do not reach the finish line because of failure.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: