Bitcoin Forum
July 27, 2024, 08:36:33 PM *
News: Help 1Dq create 15th anniversary forum artwork.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for some help on a charity project  (Read 235 times)
onefry (OP)

Activity: 157
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 06:09:52 PM

A while ago I started working on a hashing for kitty cats screensaver, when the computer goes idle (same time the screensaver comes on) the cpu (or gpu in the future) will mine (right now it's set for xmr) I have just about everything working except getting the screensaver to work on a different machine. 

Was wondering if anyone could give me some pointers, they would be more than welcome to take what they want from the work i've spent so far (to make their own)

Proceeds will go to helping cats in need. 

My fiancee is a crazy cat lady lol.

stomachgrowls

Activity: 2940
Merit: 780

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 06:35:12 PM

Trying to understand on what you are trying to say here. So you do mean you would like to mine monero without affecting your current works on PC or do mine when idle? as far as i know you can
do mine without maximizing the full usage of your own PC usage if you do tend to make use of minergrate on mining XMR. Unless if you maximize it to the peak then i would say
you can barely use it and talking with that kitty screensaver theres no such setting for it to be automatically launch when idle.

Correct me if im wrong.  Cool

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
onefry (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 09:59:21 PM

Trying to understand on what you are trying to say here. So you do mean you would like to mine monero without affecting your current works on PC or do mine when idle? as far as i know you can
do mine without maximizing the full usage of your own PC usage if you do tend to make use of minergrate on mining XMR. Unless if you maximize it to the peak then i would say
you can barely use it and talking with that kitty screensaver theres no such setting for it to be automatically launch when idle.

Correct me if im wrong.  Cool

I have everything automated already with the use of winrar self extracting exe, it installs the files, sets the task in windows to open the miner on idle and sets the screensaver to the one I made however the software i used to compile the screen saver doesnt seem to allow me to move the scr and dll file to other computers manually.  I'm looking to make this for people who aren't savvy, someone who just knows how to double click a file and hit install and have everything be configured.
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2018, 04:39:52 PM

This could be a good idea, but you'd need to be really transparent about where the money is going.
Do you have a website where I can read more about this?

Which exact charity will you be donating the funds to? Are you planning on providing proof of those donations?

onefry (OP)

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 11:05:56 PM

This could be a good idea, but you'd need to be really transparent about where the money is going.
Do you have a website where I can read more about this?

Which exact charity will you be donating the funds to? Are you planning on providing proof of those donations?

Thank you.  We were hoping to start our own rescue in New Jersey, so many cats in need Sad
However we do plan to be 100% transparent, website I can make up always I just want a working product before I whip it up.
We have other charity ideas as well, but we could always make different screen savers for each charity. 

Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 3103

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2018, 11:53:25 PM

Thank you.  We were hoping to start our own rescue in New Jersey, so many cats in need Sad
However we do plan to be 100% transparent, website I can make up always I just want a working product before I whip it up.
We have other charity ideas as well, but we could always make different screen savers for each charity. 

Kitty and Crypto lovers (see Lauda) may use your screensaver for a month or two, but once they see their electricity bill shoot up, they will stop.  Sad

https://nastyscam.com - featuring 13 years of OGNasty bitcoin scams     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming sooner than you think!
onefry (OP)

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 04:42:02 AM

Kitty and Crypto lovers (see Lauda) may use your screensaver for a month or two, but once they see their electricity bill shoot up, they will stop.  Sad

Understandable, businesses will probably not care as much, electricity for commercial is cheaper too.  I spoke with vets offices and the managers are interested in using the screensaver on their computers.  I run a small IT company in New Jersey, will ask all my clients. 
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2018, 12:31:35 PM

Understandable, businesses will probably not care as much, electricity for commercial is cheaper too.  I spoke with vets offices and the managers are interested in using the screensaver on their computers.  I run a small IT company in New Jersey, will ask all my clients. 

I'd definitely add a feature where users can choose how much resources they want to spend on mining.
I mean it should be possible to set the mining to only use around 25% of the CPU/GPU, right?

You wouldn't even have to turn it into a screensaver, it could just be an app that they run while working on their PC.

stomachgrowls

Activity: 2940
Merit: 780

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 06:42:13 PM

Correct me if im wrong.  Cool

I have everything automated already with the use of winrar self extracting exe, it installs the files, sets the task in windows to open the miner on idle and sets the screensaver to the one I made however the software i used to compile the screen saver doesnt seem to allow me to move the scr and dll file to other computers manually.  I'm looking to make this for people who aren't savvy, someone who just knows how to double click a file and hit install and have everything be configured.
Oh i got it and thank you for the explanation.It is a good idea and having a good motive but i doubt electricity bill will shoot up even lets say commercial energy source is cheap.
I would like to suggest the same thing on whats being said above.

I'd definitely add a feature where users can choose how much resources they want to spend on mining.
I mean it should be possible to set the mining to only use around 25% of the CPU/GPU, right?

You wouldn't even have to turn it into a screensaver, it could just be an app that they run while working on their PC.
Users can possibly adjust on the processing power on their own preference.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
onefry (OP)

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 06:32:24 AM

Correct me if im wrong.  Cool

I have everything automated already with the use of winrar self extracting exe, it installs the files, sets the task in windows to open the miner on idle and sets the screensaver to the one I made however the software i used to compile the screen saver doesnt seem to allow me to move the scr and dll file to other computers manually.  I'm looking to make this for people who aren't savvy, someone who just knows how to double click a file and hit install and have everything be configured.
Oh i got it and thank you for the explanation.It is a good idea and having a good motive but i doubt electricity bill will shoot up even lets say commercial energy source is cheap.
I would like to suggest the same thing on whats being said above.

Users can possibly adjust on the processing power on their own preference.
I think this is a great idea fellow crypto enthusiasts, thank you for the suggestion! It can be easily done via batch file command and we can use intensity to easily adjust this I would assume Smiley
Theb

Activity: 1680
Merit: 655

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 10:03:04 AM

Can you give us some more details about this screensaver you are developing? Do you intend this to work on different users or just your own devices? If it is the former, will the user using your screensavers earn XMR as well or will you be just the one earning from their devices? Now, if it is the latter you must be aware that what you will be doing is cryptojacking, which is the unauthorized use of their cpus' power for mining. My advice for you is to put in some notice and agreement that it is not purely a screensaver but will also act as a mining software once it is activated, as you will be unjustly enriching yourself without their approval even if the purpose of this software is for helping cats in need.

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████