Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 05:55:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Transaction not found by TX #, but it is by Wallet.... Someone please help....  (Read 144 times)
toodamntired (OP)

Activity: 471
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 07:10:14 PM

If I search for the transaction, I get a Transaction not found page on any block explorer, but if I paste in my wallet address, it comes up with the transaction number that matches what I tried previously.

This is kind of confusing..

Why would the block explorer be able to find the transaction by the wallet address, but not the transaction ID?

Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
toodamntired (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 07:14:09 PM

Here is some further info....

I created the transaction myself, sending the Bitcoin to myself. Basically, i am moving money between Desktop wallets, Jaxx and Bitpay.. Sent from Jaxx, to Bitpay.

This is the transaction ID provided from the Jaxx App: 546470ec9ce19e834697452a9f90415dd5d44c342f8fd29a95f3a495a00faea6

The Wallet address on Bitpay that is to receive the funds is: 1LE9Gq9F9s5SV1CgRJ3gcDTgbbrNpZ6s29

Bitpay normally shows incoming transactions as soon as they are broadcast, but it does not show this one. Then, as I said, searching blockchain.info, insight, etc.... by the TX ID comes up with nothing. However, search the block explorers with the wallet address, and the transaction appears....

BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 2965

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2018, 07:18:07 PM

Did you check the link or the TXID correctly? Make sure that you copy and paste a correct TXID. Have you tried to use other block explorers?

Check these links

- https://live.blockcypher.com/btc/
- https://blockchair.com/bitcoin/blocks
- https://www.blockchain.com/explorer

Make sure it is bitcoin because if the transaction is made on other coins the explorer won't work.

Edit: I checked the TXID just now but it shows fine to me check this link https://www.blockchain.com/en/btc/tx/546470ec9ce19e834697452a9f90415dd5d44c342f8fd29a95f3a495a00faea6

If it doesn't show you can try the other block explorer above.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
toodamntired (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 07:21:43 PM

Well, i tried all three of those block explorers and it shows up on 2 of them, but not on Blockchair.. It was also broadcast 2 hours ago now with a 12sat/byte fee....

So, it does not show up on blockchain.info or Insight, but it does on BlockCypher and Blockchain.com

cannot figure out why this would occur though....

BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 2965

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2018, 07:30:41 PM

Well, i tried all three of those block explorers and it shows up on 2 of them, but not on Blockchair.. It was also broadcast 2 hours ago now with a 12sat/byte fee....

So, it does not show up on blockchain.info or Insight, but it does on BlockCypher and Blockchain.com

It might be a browser issue that is why the TXID you made doesn't show on blockchain.info.

You may try to clear your browser cache and history and then change your DNS to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 for alternative DNS you can use this 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220 after that check your TXID if it shows fine or not.

If everything doesn't work try to use a VPN because I think this is just an internet issue not on their side because your TXID shows fine on my browser (firefox).

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
toodamntired (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 09:34:17 PM

It might be a browser issue that is why the TXID you made doesn't show on blockchain.info.

You may try to clear your browser cache and history and then change your DNS to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 for alternative DNS you can use this 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220 after that check your TXID if it shows fine or not.

If everything doesn't work try to use a VPN because I think this is just an internet issue not on their side because your TXID shows fine on my browser (firefox).

Yes, it is showing up fone on my end now too.... except that in Bitpay's new desktop wallet, it shows that there is no transaction. I sent  another small amount to the same wallet and it appeare instantly, and now has already confirmed. yet, the wallet does not show anything on the firsttransaction

bob123
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2018, 11:10:42 PM

Yes, it is showing up fone on my end now too.... except that in Bitpay's new desktop wallet, it shows that there is no transaction. I sent  another small amount to the same wallet and it appeare instantly, and now has already confirmed. yet, the wallet does not show anything on the firsttransaction

Did you send your second (small) transaction to the same address ?

If so, it seems like bitpay's wallet does have some connection/display issues.

If not, can you verify that the address you have sent your first transaction to does indeed belong to your wallet ?
You can see all addresses of your wallet under Settings -> Advanced > Wallet information

toodamntired (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 11:53:18 PM

Did you send your second (small) transaction to the same address ?

If so, it seems like bitpay's wallet does have some connection/display issues.

If not, can you verify that the address you have sent your first transaction to does indeed belong to your wallet ?
You can see all addresses of your wallet under Settings -> Advanced > Wallet information

Yes, I sent the second transaction to the same wallet address. I did verify that the address belinged to that wallet by looking exactly where you said in Btpay, in the wallet settings. It matched. The second, smaller amount of 0.0003BTC has confirmed and been added, while the first transaction still shows as unconfirmed on the block explorer websites, and not showing up at all in Bitpay.

toodamntired (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 11:56:03 PM

Correction... it is now showing up as confirmed on the block explorer websites. I am reinstalling the BitPay wallet client now....

toodamntired (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 11:59:21 PM

Ok, after reinstalling BitPay, it is working correctly and showing up in the wallet.... It was just strange that it showed up everywhere but in that wallet or on BitPay's block explorer....

zupdawg

Activity: 672
Merit: 508

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 01:53:54 AM

I experienced the same case in the past where I concluded that blockchain.info has some bugs, not sure exactly what but they don't show unconfirmed transaction sometimes, maybe this is the case for you, because of an unconfirmed input it doesn't show when you searched for the transaction ID

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Pages: [1]
  Print