Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 03:01:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Trouble upgrading to LPM firmware on S9 13.5 units  (Read 209 times)
bwellcoinz (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 08:15:38 PM
Last edit: November 15, 2018, 11:26:00 PM by frodocooper

Hello friends,

I'm having trouble updating the firmware of my Nov batch of S9 13.5 TH/s units .  Every time I go to upload the LPM firmware (`Antminer-S9-LPM-20181102.tar.gz`), the page freezes as if it's beginning the process.. However after a short amount of time, the ASIC page is simply no longer frozen with no indication of what happened.  Going back to my status page results in the below information indicating the update of course did not happen:

Code:
Hostname
antMiner.betty
Model
GNU/Linux
Hardware Version
Kernel Version
Linux 3.14.0-xilinx-ge8a2f71-dirty #82 SMP PREEMPT Tue May 16 19:49:53 CST 2017
File System Version
Fri Nov 17 17:37:49 CST 2017
Logic Version
S9_V2.54
BMminer Version
Uptime
Load Average
0.47, 0.29, 0.23

I've tried this on a couple different units with the same result.

Has anyone else run into this before? I've searched around the forums and haven't found much to go on. Any help would be much appreciated.  Thanks so much in advance!

I'm reading that potentially flashing the "650" firmware first may help? Has anyone w/ the Nov batch of 13.5's tried this before? Thanks in advance
Ameador1

Activity: 124
Merit: 47

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 07:36:26 PM
Last edit: November 17, 2018, 02:09:56 AM by Ameador1

Don't know if it would help - but my S9-13.5T I'm testing with before doing my others was on this firmware: Antminer-S9-all-201711171757-autofreq-user-Update2UBI-NF.tar.gz. This is the next firmware up from the one on your machine now. Try flashing your miner to this current non-LPM firmware first. Then try flashing the LPM version. Another option would be to try to upgrade the firmware by using an SD card to boot the miner and then install the firmware from there. Check this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5069716.0
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 2974

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2018, 09:05:37 PM
Last edit: November 16, 2018, 09:48:26 PM by frodocooper

Have you tried to flash it first to other firmware version before you update it to LPM firmware if not flash it first with other firmware and then do a factory reset (if you don't know how to do a factory reset you  can follow the guide from here https://enforum.bitmain.com/bbs/topics/3957) after that upgrade it using the LPM firmware.

Make sure the downloaded firmware is not corrupted and don't use any 3rd party application or IDM to download the firmware, use browser downloader instead.

Note: LPM firmware doesn't work on some pools like slushpool based on what I heard.
Always make sure that you have a back firmware first before you upgrade it to other firmware so that you can restore it back to original firmware.

According to bitmain C5 control board is not supported with LPM firmware so make sure that the miner control board is not a C5 board.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
mikeywith
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 6405

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 09:33:28 PM

are you sure you have the S9 and not s9i or j?

if you are certain that you have S9 then what you should do is flush it with the newest version "the auto-freq" and then flush the LPM.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
bwellcoinz (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 05:55:25 AM

Very much appreciate the feedback, friends, thank you all.   Our units are definitely not the i/j series as they did not exist when we ordered our batches during the insanity that was late 2017.   We will make use of the 650 firmware suggested here in a couple short weeks and report back.  Thanks again everyone.  Stay safe out there
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: