Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 06:40:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Where to store ERC20 Tokens  (Read 461 times)
aimata27

Activity: 531
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2018, 09:02:09 AM

Which wallets can hold ERC20 Tokens that aren't listed on exchanges?

Is it possible to send it to my ethereum wallet address on Binance or Poloniex ... or can they only be held on myetherwallet

Well the best wallet to store your ERC20 tokens is at myetherwallet. And if your tokens are not listed on an exchange, you can't send them on Binance or Poloniex that you're referring to.
Debonaire217

Activity: 644
Merit: 364

In Code We Trust

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 09:13:25 AM

Is it possible to send it to my ethereum wallet address on Binance or Poloniex ... or can they only be held on myetherwallet

I first thought that ERC-20 is the same as the ethereum wallet. I later figured out that ERC 20 is capable of storing token not just ethereum coins. One of it is myetherwallet which is really reliable since there is a lot of logging in option in it.
bit-freedom

Activity: 658
Merit: 256

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 09:41:14 AM

I use my ledger hardware wallet to store my ERC20 tokens and access the tokens using myetherwallet. Other than ERC20 tokens, the hardware wallet support the main coins like BTC, ETH and Neo. It is a good investment to safeguard your crypto coins.
waser12

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2018, 09:45:43 AM

Yes you can transfer ERC20 tokens to ethereum wallets but you will not see them. Just using private key (not public) you can have access to your tokens.

cubicdissection

Activity: 231

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2018, 09:52:12 AM

there are some wallets available which is compatible with erc20 tokens but myetherwallet is best place to store your ERC20 tokens you can't store your tokens in any exchange until its get listed in exchange
alula.CA

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 09:58:14 AM

besides there are still many myetherwallet that can accommodate new tokens that have not been registered in the exchange ... as long as they provide an erc20 wallet type they can store your tokens ...
and you can WD to the exchange that has the coin listing....
Vilagra

Activity: 672
Merit: 109

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 10:37:48 AM

I personally keep my tokens on the stock exchanges because I actively trade and see no reason to transfer them to some wallet

Question was, if token wasn't listed on any exchange, and if you send your token on exchange wallet which isn't traded there you will lose it.

R A D I X   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   The Decentralized Finance Protocol
█████████ GET TOKENS █████████    Facebook      Telegram      Twitter
The Radix DeFi Protocol is    SCALABLE SECURE COMMUNITY DRIVEN
Komandor8957

Activity: 420

The World’s First Blockchain Core

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2018, 10:40:45 AM

Virtually any contract can be placed on MEW, because this wallet is directly integrated with ETH. I can’t say about the transfer to stock wallets. Most likely, not every altcoin can be sent there, but only those coins that are traded on this exchange.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk   ■   Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
baghdatis1990

Activity: 504
Merit: 14

Miracle Tele

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 01:08:41 PM

All ERC20 coins are compatible and can be stored in myetherwallet. As long as the coins that you hold are not listed on any exchange, you can not make any kind of transaction, because any transaction is done through an exchange. Myetherwallet is the safest online wallet of cryptomonades. It's a good wallet because I can detect phishing sites when you enter the unsecured website.

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
RagingBull

Activity: 814
Merit: 258

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 01:11:10 PM

You can keep Myetherwallet. In addition, if you own the hardware wallet, such as Ledger trezor, you can store the ERC-20 tokens that are not listed here.
tamango

Activity: 602

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 01:11:43 PM

You Can use any of wallet that can handle erc20  like myetherwallet, noku wallet or hardware one like ledger.
Yshakov.v

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 01:12:18 PM

I'm interested in you seriously? You have the rank of full member. Ask a question for newbies. I can not understand why you created a topic.
craked5

Activity: 840
Merit: 529

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 01:16:07 PM

Just store it in MEW. Also you can use @ETHtokenExplorer_bot to explore where you can trade one or another token which is not in CoinMarketCap.
msbtrooper

Activity: 352

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2018, 03:06:44 PM

It can only be stored in an ERC20 supported wallets such as imtoken. It can't be transferred to balance of other exchange wallets since it hasn't been listed.
pufenduy

Activity: 170

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 03:09:28 PM

All the ERC-20 tokens can be held on your MEW wallet and I strongly recommend to open up several wallets to minimise the risks of getting scammed. Also try to hold coins on different exchanges, this will also help to diversify your earnings.
Herp-a-derp

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 03:35:38 PM

For me personally, a MEЦ wallet is the best choice. I think that it is the most convenient and popular among all wallets. In addition, if you install MetaMask it will be even more secure.
Bobby_D

Activity: 44

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 03:36:53 PM

MEW is still one of a kind! Easely store /send in it

Apollonia 〇 | HEALTHCARE ECOSYSTEM
https://apollonia.io
chabapok

Activity: 122

The World’s First Blockchain Core

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 03:42:50 PM

You have to hold your coins in your ethereum wallet. If you will send some coins to binance which they didnt list it yet you can loose these tokens. If you want to send your token to exchange you need to be sure about they already added that or not. Myetherwallet is the safest and easiest option for me. I am opening my harrdware wallet via mew and i am storing my tokens in my hardware wallet.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■       SKYNET.co       ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
anjohyx

Activity: 451

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 03:45:37 PM

Just store all the erc20 token in myetherwallet, but you can't send erc20 token to exchange if it's haven't listed yet, otherwise I confused because as you full member rank why you ask this question Iike a crypto newbies ?

Carisba

Activity: 154

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 03:48:20 PM

I use myetherwallet and I haven't had any problem
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: