Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 03:40:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How much would you pay for immortality?  (Read 363 times)
SnowAugustine (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 5

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 01:05:12 AM

Considering the value of goods right now in your respective countries, how much do you think should immortality cost? This, of course, includes the option to die whenever you wish to.
I just thought about this because of another thread that reminded me of a news predicting that there will be a technology that could provide virtual immortality say 2060 or around that time. I am not expecting them to give it for free so how much do you think should it be?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
righttouch41

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 01:41:08 AM

Considering the value of goods right now in your respective countries, how much do you think should immortality cost? This, of course, includes the option to die whenever you wish to.
I just thought about this because of another thread that reminded me of a news predicting that there will be a technology that could provide virtual immortality say 2060 or around that time. I am not expecting them to give it for free so how much do you think should it be?
A luxury car costs about $250,000 so I am putting the price of immortality at double that amount - $500,000. Even if it's a virtual immortality and most probably my body is still going to age and only my mind would be the one living, it is still considered a luxury because it is not something that could easily be had by many. If it could be made affordable then great so that not only the rich people have it because that would be unfair... but we live in an unfair world so...
puffy smoke

Activity: 31
Merit: 4

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 02:34:24 AM

That is one tough little question. What price for immortality... I guess as far as I'm concerned immortality is worthless if you can't share it with the ones you love and if you are unhealthy. Who would want to live in constant pain forever and ever, and, how emotionally burdensome would life be if you constantly outlived all the people you ever cared for? If on the other hand you had both your health and all the people you loved were also immortal then immortality would be priceless.
Cloudy

Activity: 28

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 03:00:33 AM

And how will you liveaYou won't mentally be able to handle never dying, and you'll start wishing you had. Life will become repetitive and a pain to live, not a joy. After a few hundred years, you'll have done it all.

It's also unnatural and bad for the planet - imagine a world where no one died in the past. The world would have a population of approximately 100 Billion People. This is simply unsustainable.

Not to mention, our universe will end at some stage. You can't possibly outlive the universe.

So yeah, I don't think it'll happen ever, for the reasons that it is super unethical and impossible.
Lintormi

Activity: 560
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 07:46:11 AM

I do not know how many, I would have liked the immortality, but most do not, they will not want to live forever and I understand them, so I think it will be cheap or free, because if you can buy it, it will cost millions of dollars and not who will not have such money, and therefore there is no point in this. Many disadvantages at a huge price.

taratorly

Activity: 258
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 07:55:21 AM

It is really a though question. I think people can offer a lot of money. Especially the rich ones.

QDAO USDQ     |     Platinum QDAO StableCoins: USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ
█▀   $1MLN BOUNTY POOL   / / / JOIN / / /   ▀█
WHITEPAPER           FACEBOOK           TWITTER           TELEGRAM           ANN THREAD
encester

Activity: 18

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 09:42:40 AM

Well, if you own a game or create your own virtual space, then I wouldn't think that it could be that expensive. Probably just a hardware to upload "you" in the virtual space. And by then, I'm thinking technology is way advanced. So, maybe all you need is a laptop (or hologram, who knows)? Feel free to add thoughts to this.
thirsten

Activity: 28
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 11:07:42 AM

Depends on the method.

Cryonics, organ regeneration etc. would undoubtedly be extremely expensive.

Virtual immortality is a different story and will likely be accessible to the masses for next to nothing. Healthcare plans would probably prefer people to go this route because it would cost less to them than keeping someone's expensive-to-fix body alive.
iTradeBit

Activity: 224
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 11:16:38 AM

Interesting question. My soul?
maxou8524

Activity: 60

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 11:42:23 AM

I'd give all the money and time
Franz14

Activity: 140

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 12:59:25 PM

I think it should be very expensive ...
In general, I think it is not necessary. To live forever is complete nonsense.
raatnak

Activity: 185

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 03:29:08 PM

I would pay for not being immortal. Its too much and humans dont need to live forever.
EntryPoint

Activity: 54

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 04:51:57 PM

I would pay nothing.. to see all my relatives die - no!  Shocked
YanaVorob

Activity: 66

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 01:05:11 PM

It depends on what immortality involves:
-Will I get older, or will I be forever young?
-Will I be protected only from diseases? (for example, can a bullet kill me?)
Serena_M

Activity: 38
Merit: 3

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 01:31:41 PM

I think people value life and some things in general more if they don't have them for "infinity". If i knew I could live forever I could just waste a few years just to lie around. Also, I think it's exciting to create your story with the time your given and really work yourself up.

●● PrepayWay〚✙〛 | The New Paradigm of International Business ●●
╘══╡Simple Solution For Complex Processes╞══╛
Coinifyx

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

Personal Text

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 01:46:40 PM

Living here forever is a nightmare

Nothing to say
Kimrapper

Activity: 35

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 03:34:20 PM

Perhaps it is not worth paying
iamchiara

Activity: 80

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 07:19:56 PM

Nothing. I dont want to live forever. Living forever is seeing all your loved ones die one by one.
Andrea9000

Activity: 210
Merit: 18

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 12:56:18 PM

Why do you have immortality? Do you think that after 100-200 years of life you will be just as fun as in the beginning of life? Have you considered what diseases can be with you in such a long existence? I do not think that it can be called life
therighty

Activity: 46
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 02:59:18 PM

I don’t know if I would, living too long would be too tiring
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: