Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 07:31:08 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How much would you pay for immortality?  (Read 365 times)
jerome892

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 06:55:01 PM

Maybe an option to stay younger and have better health would be better than immortality. And I can imagine people would pay a lot for it.
Jessika L.

Activity: 70

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 03:09:43 PM

I think immortality is something that in some time will have a certain cost. Because medicine is developing. But I really don't know how much should it cost. And I don't want to be immortal , because everything should have its ending. This is how our world exists, this is a kind of a rule, and we shouldn't destroy this system.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 1373

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 08:42:30 PM

Considering the value of goods right now in your respective countries, how much do you think should immortality cost? This, of course, includes the option to die whenever you wish to.
I just thought about this because of another thread that reminded me of a news predicting that there will be a technology that could provide virtual immortality say 2060 or around that time. I am not expecting them to give it for free so how much do you think should it be?

The medical can't even grow an arm back on a person who lost one. Doing the impossible (at least at present) is impossibly expensive.

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
YellowSunny

Activity: 37
Merit: 3

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 09:54:09 PM
Merited by Noojna (3)

I wouldn't pay anything. The truth is that I don't want to be immortal. I think that all the days that I live, I am lucky to have each of them but everyday wouldn't feel special if I was immortal.
TheSeekersLighthouse

Activity: 28
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2018, 12:35:41 AM

You could offer me £1 billion to become immortal, and I wouldn't do it.

Both life and death are part of living here. Your life here is a but a camera flash in the big picture, the picture you become able to see once you exit this world.
Blueoyster

Activity: 248
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 08:23:26 AM

I wouldn't pay anything. The truth is that I don't want to be immortal. I think that all the days that I live, I am lucky to have each of them but everyday wouldn't feel special if I was immortal.

Same here.Not only what you said, but for example how would immortal person experience the feeling of fear or danger.Our mind and body are alarmed the most when our life is in danger, so that element would be gone forever.I think that immortality is a very depressing and boring thing.

I can see ways to keep it fun and fresh for maybe 200-300 years, but after that it would probably turn into agony.
ATMD

Activity: 70
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2018, 02:55:08 PM

You could offer me £1 billion to become immortal, and I wouldn't do it.

Both life and death are part of living here. Your life here is a but a camera flash in the big picture, the picture you become able to see once you exit this world.

So in this perspective, we never die

tomasstatkus

Activity: 6

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2018, 10:18:58 PM

One bitcoin at least  Wink
BlockGroup

Activity: 38
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 01:47:57 AM

Considering the value of goods right now in your respective countries, how much do you think should immortality cost? This, of course, includes the option to die whenever you wish to.
I just thought about this because of another thread that reminded me of a news predicting that there will be a technology that could provide virtual immortality say 2060 or around that time. I am not expecting them to give it for free so how much do you think should it be?

Would it need to be in $/€? I wonder if I could strike a deal where every ten years or so I would need to meet my maker and retell a story/experience I had live within that time that would earn me the opportunity to continue living. Once every 100 years the maker could choose what story he wanted to hear in ten years time. A good way to balance agency between the two parties.
Goldleader

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 02:04:08 AM

Nope not interested unless you are richman interested holding on the wealth or despot clinging to power for eternity
EllaLand

Activity: 12

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 09:44:42 AM

What resources are accepted for payment? Materials, money, soul?  Tongue
luispitchler

Activity: 51

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 10:32:48 AM

hmm.. it has never crossed my mind.  immortals have big responsibilities, too.  they're usually thought of as having super powers. there shouldn't be any price for it as immortality is a divine gift.
cryptomax217

Activity: 55

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 10:50:08 AM

Perhaps, half of my bitcoins will be fine.  I have to leave some for my survival for eternity, right?
SkelpyCoin

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2018, 10:58:14 AM

You could calculate the value of immortality as a rent.
Set the value of a life and pay 10% of that value annually.

xLife = 2.000.000
yImmortality = 200.000

If you do not pay you are no longer immortal, so you die.

》》》 SKELPY - CERTIFIED BLOCKCHAIN 《《《 (https://www.skelpy.co)
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: