Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 05:02:08 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Does The end of mining lead to end end of innovations?  (Read 265 times)
mikeywith
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 6420

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 05:45:31 PM

I have a few S9s running with free power and I have a diesel generator as a back up. those will never be turned off, there will be no end of mining you got my words  Grin

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
blueteam09

Activity: 664
Merit: 100

📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR SCA

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 05:46:55 PM

If mining ends ,will new projects stop emerging in the space of crypto? How are ining and innovations related? If mining ends ,projects mostly adopt POA consensus model where mining is not necessary?
Mining is the source of Cryptocurrency?
Your thinking is wrong to think about this, mining reached the bottom of the pool will stop? Uncoupling and increasing the amount of coin that is circulating on the market will lead to increased prices and increased demand. Do not worry about this because mining is not the source of existence.

cryptario
Copper Member

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 05:52:50 PM

It feels like November 2014 all over again.  Some miners survived, but there were definitely many that did not including some very big players.

Zin-Zang

Activity: 364
Merit: 13

Killing Lightning Network with a 51% Ignore attack

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 06:04:46 PM

If mining ends ,will new projects stop emerging in the space of crypto? How are ining and innovations related? If mining ends ,projects mostly adopt POA consensus model where mining is not necessary?

PoW mining has been an evolutionary dead end for years now.

The majority of New coins are PoS or some other Algorithm.

I was Red Tagged because Lauda Blows Theymos to get back on DT
The rest are just lauda's personal butt monkeys=> Hhampuz , Vod, TMAN , achow101
qwertyup23

Activity: 2268
Merit: 788

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 01:26:24 AM

If mining 100% stops then bitcoin transactions will slow down to a halt. Is having zero miners possible though? I heavily doubt it. There's money to be made with mining hence why people are doing it, regardless if they actually think that bitcoin will succeed or not.

On the article that I read (link is below), it is estimated that by the year 2140 all bitcoins will be mined out. Although it may sound that bitcoin will have its inevitable death, that will not be the case. If all bitcoins are mined out, then the price will increase and mining fees would increase as time passes by. Not to mention, bitcoin protocol also provides transaction fees which will be utilized by most miners.
Do note that what determines the price of bitcoin is the law of demand and supply. Assuming that all have been mined out, then expect the prices to skyrocket in the market, which will be an opportunity for most people who hoard or keep their coins safely in their wallet.

Link: https://99bitcoins.com/what-will-happen-when-all-bitcoins-are-mined/
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: