Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 04:40:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is less stable than some ALTs !  (Read 26303 times)
PlusOne88

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

“Tackling Climate Change Using Blockchain”

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 04:21:42 AM

A coin maybe most stable when there are no or almost completely no usage at all. The prices will stick to the bottom for which I think those percentage might have shown though not totally. But bitcoin is a coin that is used by many, so I think those changes we see are the result of people trading their coins. The stability of prices on XRP could be due to the number of coins they released each month. I think it keeps the price stable relative to its volume.

There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Farahtenan

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 04:39:42 AM

Bitcoin does have a fluctuating journey that continues and fluctuates, this gives many different requests and offers that will continue to change. Altcoin may have many relatively stable values because enthusiasts still take into account every move.
efxtrader

Activity: 924
Merit: 100

GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 09:39:46 AM

I think some Alts drop the price too and many good alts drop the price more than 80%. I think its the same with bitcoin because as main currency in cryptomarket, its affecting to most altcoin price in market.

TheMoneyMongers

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2019, 11:25:46 AM

I think some Alts drop the price too and many good alts drop the price more than 80%. I think its the same with bitcoin because as main currency in cryptomarket, its affecting to most altcoin price in market.

I think you Bitcoin is more stable than any other altcoin. Look at the Bitcoin volatility index to make sense of it as how volatility has reduced over the years. Check the charts here https://bitvol.info/
bxipp

Activity: 630
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 02:05:44 PM

Bitcoin are like the rest of altcoins. They all not too stable and can be say nothing was so stable in cryptocurrency aa their price depend on buyer more then seller. Where no buyer so their will be more seller and the price will go down. Simple as that.
Bitdressa

Activity: 303
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 02:12:55 PM

it is true for now that bitcoin is being unstable compared to Altcoin, which is starting to be used in 2017, rather than with bitcoin, which has long been one of the first electronic money. You can say this altcoin is increasing compared to bitcoin.
dss.123

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 03:32:52 PM

we cant figure out the stable price of bitcoin and alt coins because there is always ups and down in market.
the price will drops in both bitcoin and other alt coins.
maldini

Activity: 952
Merit: 308

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 04:11:52 PM

So regardless of the reason of this last dip. I noticed 2 of the top 10 coins ( XRP and XLM) sort of survived the dip and performed well against BTC which usually is not the case comparing this dip to  previews dips . take 11th oct 2018 for example.

in USD rate in the last 7 days :

BTC dropped : 13.48%
XRP dropped : 6.7 %
XLM dropped : 9.2%

also XRP surpassed ETH "not for the first time" but this time i think it will last.

I think that these 2 coins will remain more stable than bitcoin for a long time.

seems like centralization or semi-centralization in crypto is going to take over one way or the other. I hope not but we shall see soon.

tell me what you guys think?

It's just a matter of time and situation, in fact no one can predict when a crypto currency will be stable or not, all have their own time and situation when they will be stable and not
alonelyorange

Activity: 532

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 04:17:06 PM

Maybe bitcoin is the only one coin have potential and always growing up, you can start investment at bitcoin because daily day you can get profit and change price of bitcoin.
Roni116

Activity: 269
Merit: 1

Soil.co - Earn USDT/USDC

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 04:32:14 PM

In the short term, alt is more stable than bitcoin, but in the long term, bitcoin has better stability and will survive, because it becomes the main coin and is more in demand.

[ Soil.co ]
───────────[  Earn USDT/USDC | Up to 14% Passive Income ]───────────
Christinebeauty
Copper Member

Merit: 2

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 07:09:09 PM

I think choosing only 2 alts to compare to bitcoin wouldn't give a much accurate comparison. There are a lot of other altcoins out there who couldn't even survive the severe bear market and they are dead now. I still think altcoins are more volatile than bitcoin.

shoreno

Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 07:23:34 PM

In the short term, alt is more stable than bitcoin, but in the long term, bitcoin has better stability and will survive, because it becomes the main coin and is more in demand.

Alts are always stable whether for short or long term but in some instances alts follow on what is the movement of btc therfor we can sometimes say that alts are unstable if btc is also unstable  but the occurence can happen rarely  .

bitcoin has better stability and will survive, because it becomes the main coin and is more in demand.

If bitcoin is indemand do you think it is stable ? I guess it isnt because the price can oftenly rise from time to time if many people buys or invest on it .  

Bitcoin does have a fluctuating journey that continues and fluctuates, this gives many different requests and offers that will continue to change

But even altcoins do also fluctuates because it is still part of a crypto and cryptocurrencies are known to be volatile compare to other currencies .
Wong Kalong

Activity: 377

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 07:24:01 PM

It seems that bitcoin has stability in the long run, and every move always affects the altcoin. The movements that occur are not too sharp and tend to be slow but sure. The beginning of the year will be a better movement and can increase the confidence of enthusiasts returning to crypto.
pixie85

Activity: 2142
Merit: 524

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 08:53:16 PM

I think choosing only 2 alts to compare to bitcoin wouldn't give a much accurate comparison. There are a lot of other altcoins out there who couldn't even survive the severe bear market and they are dead now. I still think altcoins are more volatile than bitcoin.

You are right. Some altcoins have no volatility because nobody is trading them. You can find many altcoins with very low volume and price traded on some manipulative exchanges like yobit and compare them to Bitcoin to prove a point. It won't mean anything. In general altcoins are more volatile than Bitcoin because they depend on Bitcoin and on themselves. Exceptions can always be found but they don't disprove the general rule.
cotton ball

Activity: 1288
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 11:30:19 PM

I always think about XLM and I always believe that coins will remain strong even though BTC prices are down and so far I always buy XLM from the money I get from work and I will hold it until the coin price is at the highest rate, because the development of XLM is also very good and many agents have received coins so that XLM is worthy of being a long-term investment.
kotajikikox

Activity: 2380
Merit: 207

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 11:57:51 PM

Definitely your are perfectly correct mate all altcoin are affected if bitcoin goes lower their value, unfortunately bitcoin fluctuations as of now are stay in good not waving huge percentage up and down.

Nanda Dewi277

Activity: 784
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 03, 2019, 12:48:38 AM

I always think about XLM and I always believe that coins will remain strong even though BTC prices are down and so far I always buy XLM from the money I get from work and I will hold it until the coin price is at the highest rate, because the development of XLM is also very good and many agents have received coins so that XLM is worthy of being a long-term investment.
True coin XLM does have potential, we also know that bitcoin has been able to compete and prove that the price of bitcoin is consistently top on the market. it's up to you to put your capital anywhere, most importantly you are able to deal with the risks that will come and I prefer to invest in Bitcoin.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▄▄
              ▄▀          ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄    ▀▄
            █        ▄▀▀                  ▀▀▄   ▀▄
          █      ▄▀                ▄▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▄   ▀▄          ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
  █     █     █                ▄▀            ▀    ▀        ▄▄▀▀   █████  ▀▀▄
█  █▄█     █   ▄▄▄▀▀▀█▌                          ▄▀     ███████         █
█       ▀▀▄▄▀▀  ▄▄   █  █                      ▄▀    ████████           █
  █   ▀██▄▄   ███   █    █                 █▀  ██████████        █  █
    ▀▄   ███████     ▀▀▄ ▀▄▄    ▄▄▀▀    ████   ████      █  █  █
        ▀▄▄     ██████    ▀▀█▄▀▀     ████████████  █  █  █  █
              ▀█   ██████▄▄          █████████████    █  █  █  █
                 █   █████████████████████████  ▄▀  █  █ █
                  █    ███████████████████████  ▄▀▄▀▄▀ █
                   █     ████████████████████   ▄▀▄▀ ▄▀ █
                     █          █████████████    ▄▄▀▄▀ ▄▀  █
                       ▀▄     ▄▄▄▄▄  █████ ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀ ▄▀    █
                           ▀▄     ▄▄▄▄  ███   ▄▄▀▀   ▄▀       █
                               ▀▄        ███          ▄▄▀▄   █   █
                                   ▀▄ ███     ▄▄▀▀       ▀▄  ▄█
                                 ▄▀      ▄▄▀▀                  ▀▀
                                  ▀▀▀▀▀
  W h a l e  M a k e r

||
▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬  ▬▬  ▬
A Fundraising Platform for
Massive Disruption
||
         ▄▄              ▄▄
        ███           ███
   ▄███████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
██                     ▄▄▄      ██
██           ▄▄    ████      ██
██        ████  ████       ██
██      ██     ██    ▀        ██
██    ██        ▀               ██
██▄                             ▄██
▀██████████████████▀
   ▀███████████████▀
Governance &
Rewards
                  ▄███▄
                    ███
  ▄███▄          █           ▄███▄
    ███     ▄███████▄    ███
         █▄█████░████▄█
   ▄     █████░░░█████       ▄
  ██  █████░███▄█████   ███
██████████░░░███████████
  ██   █████████░█████  ███
   ▀     █████░░░█████       ▀
          █▀████░████▀█
      ███    ▀██████▀   ███
    ▀███▀        █          ▀██▀
                    ███
                  ▀███▀
Smart-Funding
Aggregator &
Staking
||▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
TWITTER   MEDIUM   TELEGRAM
▬▬▬▬▬ OCEAN PAPER ▬▬▬▬▬
iMark

Activity: 1162
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 03, 2019, 07:21:16 AM

Bitcoin are like the rest of altcoins. They all not too stable and can be say nothing was so stable in cryptocurrency aa their price depend on buyer more then seller. Where no buyer so their will be more seller and the price will go down. Simple as that.
The point is that bitcoin can be more volatile or can be more stable depending on market conditions, including buyers and sellers. so it's not always true if the altcoin is more volatile, sometimes bitcoin is very fast moving, while Ethereum is slower. it's only about market conditions in one coin
coin8coin8

Activity: 168
Merit: 47

False Moon

View Profile
January 03, 2019, 08:06:21 AM

I never think that Alts is more stable than Bitcoin. In my opinion, Alts is always on the edge of the cliff. Every day we notice that many Alts are dying. We will always selectively focus on those Alts that have a huge increase, more Alts actually are dead, but we ignored them.

Loser
omonuyak

Activity: 882
Merit: 269

View Profile
January 03, 2019, 08:18:01 AM

So regardless of the reason of this last dip. I noticed 2 of the top 10 coins ( XRP and XLM) sort of survived the dip and performed well against BTC which usually is not the case comparing this dip to  previews dips . take 11th oct 2018 for example.

in USD rate in the last 7 days :

BTC dropped : 13.48%
XRP dropped : 6.7 %
XLM dropped : 9.2%

also XRP surpassed ETH "not for the first time" but this time i think it will last.

I think that these 2 coins will remain more stable than bitcoin for a long time.

seems like centralization or semi-centralization in crypto is going to take over one way or the other. I hope not but we shall see soon.

tell me what you guys think?

In the past bitcoin was highly volatile because of the ways newbies rushed into it but now it becoming more stable than before and not because it is good than other coins but because it is more popular than others coins and that is why professionals prefer it to others coins.  I also believe that we should look at bitcoin as a currency and currency need to be stable in price before people can used it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: