Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 11:29:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is less stable than some ALTs !  (Read 26303 times)
sinkfish

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 11:20:14 AM

You're comparing bitcoin to what? 2 alts? Out of what? More than a thousand? If anything, I'm pretty sure the reason why XRP and XLM are having a swift pullback is because of the people speculating about which coins/tokens are going to be listed on Coinbase next.

Take a look at the 7 daycharts with a bigger picture. Most alts are still tanking significantly harder.

Source: coinpaprika.com

welll everyone taking similar damage percentage. no one escape the bloodbath.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 12:04:36 PM

After talking about stability I don't think we can say that bitcoin and other coins are like that because when you say decentralized we can not say it is stable but we can say that if there is no further movement with a Cryptocurrency it is considered that it just has a low volatility And if you are talking about the much volatile is bitcoin other than Altcoins I think it will depend on which have a  higher price and surely these are not a similar Cryptocurrency and Altcoins was very dependent on bitcoin.
mikeywith (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 6375

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 06:00:25 PM

why are many of you buthurt? unless you are dumb enough then I do not see where and how did you conclude that i am trying to spread FOMO or HYPE over xlm and xrp? mining is one of the main sources of income for me. I so want nothing more than BTC and pow coins succeeding over these pos coins including xrp and xlm.

the only time i buy those coins is when i day trade them to get more BTC . so really relax not trying to shill xrp and xlm.

the main point here is simply asking why havn't we seen a huge drop on xlmbtc and xrpbtc ? usually when BTC dips alts dumps against it. but this last dip it was pretty different.

BTCusd

xlmbtc

xlmUSD

look at the last 3 daily candles. BTC is dumping , xlm doesn't give a fuck ! .

this is a rare case. I have been trading the market for quite sometime and almost every time BTC goes down against USD , ALTS dumps even harder. this time it was different and it kinds rings an alarm !

if you look at ETH, LTC ,EOS,ADA,XMR,TRX,DASH etc, they all lose value against BTC therefore losing more $ value than btc. but these 2 coins have not. this is what I am trying to point out. talking particularly about this last dip, and not from ATH.

To sum up, I personally think that  investors might start to have more trust in ALTs than they did before,  i know no ALT will surpass BTC at least I will not live long enough to see that happen, but i highly think the next bull run will favor some ALTs more than BTC.

If you want to be BTC enthusiast that is your problem, I am in this to make more MONEY that's my first motive, second motive is the technology. I bet all of us are the same but most of us are just to shy to admit it saying we are in for the technology.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Inosend
Copper Member

Activity: 299
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2018, 07:44:11 PM

For me I think bitcoin is more stable than alts,  meanwhile bitcoin is what controls the entire market,  if you check very well alts dumps together with bitcoin and they likely moon together (like father like son)

[ IQ ]           cash                           THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
                           ⚫   t e l e g r a m   ⚫   f a c e b o o k   ⚫   t w i t t e r                         
[ LISTING ON : P2P [ P ] B2B ]  ◾  Discovering millionaires’ secret with IQ.cash
mikeywith (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 6375

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 09:28:30 PM

For me I think bitcoin is more stable than alts,  meanwhile bitcoin is what controls the entire market,  if you check very well alts dumps together with bitcoin and they likely moon together (like father like son)

yes this has always been the case, but not with this recent dip. check the comment below, see how xlm could care less about btc dumping. if we see another dip for btc and xlm holds, then it would be a strong sigh that some alts will decouple from btc.

we need to be open minded to whatever the future may bring and not to always live in the past.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Yara1

Activity: 193
Merit: 4

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 09:47:29 PM

Most of this coins that sims to skyrocket suddenly in most cases turn out to be pump and dump coins which market rise is not subject to intense demand on the commodity in the exchange market and at that the price rise will not last. I don't believe there is any thing like stability in the cryptocurrency market.
Ultimist

Activity: 812
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 09:49:26 PM

Altcoins can not be more stable than bitcoin, because they are very dependent on it. Moreover, bitcoin has a very high capitalization, which also makes it less prone to volatility.

TheLoser

Activity: 462
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 10:06:01 PM

If we compare the charts of altcoins and bitcoins for this year, then we can confidently say that altcoins follow bitcoins. And now there is no stable cryptocurrency on the market. Bitcoin capitalization is the highest, so bitcoin determines the overall direction of the cryptocurrency market.
minersday

Activity: 1484
Merit: 535

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 10:08:30 PM

Generally a drop in Bitcoin leads to a drop in other cryotocurrencies but this is not all inculsive and any coin or token which is not overly affected by a crash usually experiences a pump as traders flip their holdings for those few greens in the sea of red.

And I don't think this is any argument to say a coin is less volatile than Bitcoin, you would need to fmdraw out a more detailed and longer chart analysis

Yes but during this time that dump was much more larger than before.

Take as reference what happened to bitcoin during the last two days, the price dropped from $6700 to less than $5500, that is HUGE, i was considering to buy a week before, i am glad that i did not .

The market is gonna recover, but not now
Glocalside

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 03:07:15 AM

So regardless of the reason of this last dip. I noticed 2 of the top 10 coins ( XRP and XLM) sort of survived the dip and performed well against BTC which usually is not the case comparing this dip to  previews dips . take 11th oct 2018 for example.

in USD rate in the last 7 days :

BTC dropped : 13.48%
XRP dropped : 6.7 %
XLM dropped : 9.2%

also XRP surpassed ETH "not for the first time" but this time i think it will last.

I think that these 2 coins will remain more stable than bitcoin for a long time.

seems like centralization or semi-centralization in crypto is going to take over one way or the other. I hope not but we shall see soon.

tell me what you guys think?

In what term are you comparing. you must classify it clearly. for me, I don't think that there are any ALTs are stable than bitcoin.
bolbau

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 04:24:32 AM

really? You do a bitcoin comparison of two altcoins in a relatively short time, only 7 days. you only judge when the two altcoins have experienced good market price developments, not the average market price since a significant decline at the beginning of the year. I think bitcoin has become the only one that is able to stabilize at the top price to this day. when other altcoins such as ethereum sometimes experience a surprising decline, bitcoin is able to stabilize in the same price range for several months. You have to do research and analysis again, unless you have an interest in providing a good image of the two altcoins.
Buttermellow

Activity: 462
Merit: 14

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 04:33:36 AM

The title is misleading. You have shown details of alts and for BTC to compare and base on the graph you show BTC has more percentage of market price drop than the alt coins. Anyway, you are right but your data is wrong. The altcoins could be easily agitated and will definitely will free fall for more than the BTC.
Lexurdania

Activity: 840

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 05:39:05 AM

Some alts coin survive when bitcoin drop recently and some increasing a little. But we know that most price altcoin depending on bitcoin and i think if more altcoin can survive when bitcoin price drop, its good for market healthy because can reducing bitcoin dominant in market

[ M p l a z a ]                  Metaverse with NFT  |  ▼ social events
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ A virtual hangout place forshopping    
discordtelegramtwitter  [ JOIN NOW ] |  ▼ culture        
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 06:14:51 AM

the main point here is simply asking why havn't we seen a huge drop on xlmbtc and xrpbtc ? usually when BTC dips alts dumps against it. but this last dip it was pretty different.

it is because in the charts you have posted here, you have zoomed out of bitcoin chart as much as you could and you are looking at the daily charts while you have zoomed in the altcoin charts and are only looking at the bounce back part of it so you think there was a rise.

what happened is that there is a huge FUD going on against bitcoin and there is a huge sell off in bitcoin market which is KEEPING the price down while the altcoins got dumped as bitcoin dropped but since there was nobody "continuing to sell them" the price bounced back a little hence decreasing the over all size of the drop when you calculate it using the current price and price before the drop.

Only Bitcoin
ubercool

Activity: 1078
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 06:23:00 AM

Is there any meaning to this thread.? Check your facts first, most of it is just your opinion and not truth. No alt has even a slightest chance to compete against BTC so there is no meaning in comparison.
BuyBuyBitcoin

Activity: 126
Merit: 29

Get Maximalist or Get Wrecked

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2018, 06:37:56 AM

look at the last 3 daily candles. BTC is dumping , xlm doesn't give a fuck ! .

look at your yearly chart.... it was more overvalued than any Alt during the December FOMO. It still looks overvalued by a lot of people but go hard if you want with it.

Avoiding ICO's and Shitcoins | Finding where people can Buy Bitcoin Around the World.
Umkar

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 01:39:14 PM

Today's fall is caused by market manipulations aimed at a bitcoin price collapse. Perhaps most of the Bitcoin was sold in order to buy BCH before the upcoming hard fork, and some traders began selling Bitcoin after succumbing to panic in the market. Some altcoins can actually show greater stability compared to Bitcoin, but this is more likely because teams are easier to control the price of coins with lower capitalization than to control the price of Bitcoin, whose capitalization exceeds 50%.
virtfund

Activity: 672
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 05:35:11 PM

Some of Alts might seem more stable than bitcoin in this period. But it doesn't show that they are stronger than bitcoin. Since their prices are les than bitcoin, they may be affected less by this recent dump. It is just a temporary situation and means nothing.
endlasuresh

Activity: 756
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2018, 05:41:34 PM

If a coin is more reliable and productivity, then it could pump in all the methods, but all of these coins rely on Bitcoin so they dance with BTC.
XRP still not yet reached $1 from the past few months, not sure why people sell.

For Telugu Translation Contact to me
Sirait

Activity: 1890
Merit: 101

1xBit 🏆 │ NotYourKeys.org

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2018, 07:55:41 PM

I pay attention to some stable altcoins, those are...
DGD (DigixDAO)
USDT (Tether)
MKR (Maker)
BTS (BitShares) and DAI
to be honest, Bitcoin is still far less stable than these five altcoins.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: