Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:35:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: We Need A New ICO Model  (Read 860 times)
Ozero

Activity: 2044
Merit: 180

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 04:52:24 AM

For ICO investments to be more competitive and profitable, we need a new ICO model. This present ICO model is not progressive in nature and it gives room to all forms of manipulation from project owners. We need a model that gives investors rights in decision making of a project, we need a system that will made project team to be accountable. With a new ICO model, investors right will be protected and even secondary buyers will be excited to buy the coin or token on exchange once they know that the project will not be a fly by night project or a slow dying projects.

What do you guys think about this?
All this new can be realized only when there is government regulation of the ICO process. For ICO activities, strict rules of the game must be established, not permissiveness that exists today. For example, I liked the rules on ICO, which they want to introduce in Russia. There are certain rules for the initial capital during the registration of the ICO, and strict control over the financial activities of the ICO team, up to and including the targeted use of the funds raised, which are only accumulated through banks, and therefore fraud is completely ruled out.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
rangnatht

Activity: 588
Merit: 110

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 04:56:52 AM

Yes this is really very important for the current ICO condition. This subject to be need to more research i mean we need to research what is the best way to conduct ico which is good for investors. In the current ico condition we already saw so many scams and lack of transparency. So we need to find more secure way to find the secure solution for ico regulation. Sto is also a good start for ico improvements.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 05:14:06 AM

That can be done by the regulators. we have no chance to do something. But if the core developer of tokenization platform can try to put more restriction to create asset just like it must be verified by the regulators and sounds look so good for me personally. That was i thought about that.
The first concern should be the investors, they have an option to pursue or stop their participation to that project.

As said by the person above who replied to my post earlier, having an intervention from the government is no good for those that doesn't want them to get involved. But for investors, having them is of a good purpose and protection.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Buntel168

Activity: 854
Merit: 100

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 05:19:52 AM

I think it is necessary to select a project before being able to take part in the ICO. At present everyone can make tokens through the Ethereum platform and can do ICO to raise funds, If it is not stopped, there will be more and more scam and fraud projects.

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     SPORTS ICON   │   NFTs WITH THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
[     Telegram     ] [       Twitter       ] [      Discord      ] [    Instagram    ] [      YouTube      ] [      Medium      ]
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE  ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Cordwel

Activity: 250
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 05:20:51 AM

For ICO investments to be more competitive and profitable, we need a new ICO model. This present ICO model is not progressive in nature and it gives room to all forms of manipulation from project owners. We need a model that gives investors rights in decision making of a project, we need a system that will made project team to be accountable. With a new ICO model, investors right will be protected and even secondary buyers will be excited to buy the coin or token on exchange once they know that the project will not be a fly by night project or a slow dying projects.

This is like what I am thinkin about. In my dream, next time there will be a platform that bridge between ICOs and investors, and the platform has many feature, like ICO rate that is rated by investors themselves, has an automatic lock ICO, I mean that if something suspicious happen, and some investors report the ICO, so The Investors money will be locked and refunded to investors automatically, etc.

Maybe this is just my dream, but I hope someday this can be happen
rosezionjohn

Activity: 882
Merit: 301

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 05:28:20 AM

I think STO can be the new model of token sale. If you see eye to eye with me, please discuss here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5057671.msg47887063#msg47887063 Cheesy

STO actually came to my mind while reading the OP's post.
---
Other than DAICO which was proposed by Vitalik, I have not read or heard any good suggestion yet. I think SEC might be the one who will ultimately set a new ICO model as there are no other regulatory bodies handling such. 
WackMack

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 05:42:21 AM

I recently read that one of the developers of the contractor erc-20 proposed the RICO model, that is, return ico. according to this model, your investment can be returned at any stage of the project development.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
Whaletale
Copper Member

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

CurioInvest [IEO Live]

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 05:51:50 AM

It is indeed over due as the ico method is really not helping the technology at all , we need some king of restructuring in the smart contract and a regulation board that will make sure all things are in line with the business law and will give a kind of assurance to investors .

jaocoincrypto18

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 06:59:44 AM

Could you suggest any project or any commodity that is really feasible to the masses that the idea is new so that many people will be attracted to invest into that ICOs including me. I think it is very easy to say but it is very tought to make it into reality.
Froy

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

https://saturn.black

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 07:04:49 AM

And it is possible to go further and so that it all develops with the direct participation of investors, and not just invested money and wait. Ie make yourself money yourself with your own hands, and do not rely on the team, white paper. Business does not tolerate such connivance.

SATURN
Liquidity providerfor crypto markets Cross-chain Exchange & OTC trading Platform
────────  Facebook Twitter ♦  Telegram ♦  Blog ♦  Bitcointalk   ────────
Asmh85

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 07:29:08 AM

I think you are talking about the ICO concept that already exist or DAICO , recently several ICOs emerged to organize the collected funds like ICOVO  and W12 which decide whether to refund or go on with the roadmaps.
Riki31

Activity: 333
Merit: 14

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 07:30:20 AM

In order investors believe again in the ICO of projects, first investor should be insured from losses of his or her assets in case the project appeared to be a scam.
Kevinatin

Activity: 612

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 07:37:24 AM

Everything is described correctly, but who can force developers to report to investors? We do not have such a body as a board of directors, which will defend the rights of investors.
rippar

Activity: 602
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 07:37:46 AM

We have a new ICO model already. It is called DAO. This standard of tokessales was introduced by Vitalik Buterin in order to allow investors to get refund if they don't want to take part in this ICO anymore.
mayan251

Activity: 267

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2018, 07:46:17 AM

I think the model includes several aspects:
1. Let the project team do open work safely after receiving funds
2. Investors'rights and interests need to be protected
3. Need to be regulated and prevent fraudulent projects

COPARTT23

Activity: 406
Merit: 49

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 07:50:03 AM

I think that it is worth implementing a kind of investment insurance to guarantee the return of funds and cover losses in the event of an asset depreciation.
kendedes

Activity: 728

Security and Privacy Features on the Blockchain

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 07:55:04 AM

A new form of ICO would take more time for implementation, I think.
But that also a good idea, cause it will be able to minimize the potential of cheating from many side, due to the unfamiliar way of doing ICO

▄▄▀▀ ▄▄▄███▀▀ ╙███▄▄
 █▀ ▄██▀└,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄µ¬╙▀ ▄▄
 ,▄█▀,▄▄█▀▀▀¡╓╓╓  ▀▀▀█▄▄ ▀█▄
▄█▀ ▄█▀.▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█▄µ ▀█▄ ▀█╖
▀ ▄█▀ ▄█▀`▄▄██▀▀██▄µ`┘,▄  ▄⌐╙█▄
▄█▀,▄█▀,▄█▀,▄▄▄▄▄µ└▀█▄ ▀█ ╙█╖╙█▌
▀ ▄█▀,▄█▀,▄█▀└;┌▀▀█▄ █▌ █▌ ║█ ▐█
╔▄┘ ▄█▀ ▄█▀ ▄█▀▀▄ ▐█ ▐█ ▐█  ▄ ▐█
█▀ ██ ▄█▀ ▄█▀ ▄█▀ ██ ║█ ║█ ║█ ▐█
  █▌ ▄█ ╓█▀ ▄█▀ ▄█▀ ▄█┘╓█▌ █▌ █▌
 ██ ▄█ ▄█┘,█▀ ▄█▀ ▄█▀ ▄█▀,█▌ ▄█
▐█ ╓█¬╓█H █▌ ██ ▄█▀ ╓ ▀ ▄█▀ █▀
██ ██ ██ ▐█ ▐█ ▐█ ╓█▀ ▄█▀ ╓█▀
█▌ █▌ █▌ █▌ █▌ █▌ █▌ █▌
█▌ ▄┐ █▌ █▌ ▀┘ ▀┘ ▀┘ ▀┘
█▌ █▌    █▌
   █▌ █▌ ▀┘
█▌ █▌ █▌ █▌
█▌ █▌ █▌ █▌
▀┘ █▌ █▌ █▌
   ▀┘ ▀┘
Privix.

Become part of a decentralized virtual
private network based on masternodes
and start earning money today.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
██
▀█
██

Snake9999

Activity: 415

Fast, Smart, Trustworthy

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 08:00:29 AM

Very good advice, but it seems impossible, I don't know if you are involved in forex trading, although it also has a lot of guarantees, but there are still many scammers!

FST Network   Fast, Smart, Trustworthy.   Bounty
Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
iconoclast

Activity: 770
Merit: 102

Matrix Built On An Ethereum Smart Contract

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 08:02:22 AM

We are getting a new model. Security Token Offerings with voting rights are going to replace most ICO's over the coming year. They will be just like buying shares and will make the tokenholders the owners of the business with the power to replace the directors if they are doing a bad job. All part of the ongoing maturation of crypto markets as they replace traditional ways of building and funding business.

indobitcoin.tk

Activity: 700

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2018, 08:14:12 AM

we need a system that will made project team to be accountable.
I agree on this.

This should be the job for the SEC to register these ICO makers so they will be accountable if they are planning something bad for the money of the people. But there's also a concern that crypto's purpose will be gone if SEC will start to intervene.
one side of the SEC can be helpful to provide a container to define this problem out ICO. but the other hand they can also make this to be difficult. but the obvious indeed investors needed a safe place to be able to express freely from the investments that they do. When only always meet a scam then it could be that investor confidence will be lost and the ICO into something worse to follow.

VESPUCCI
Analytical Engine

▄████▄▄   ▄██
                              ▄█▀    ▀▀███▀
                           ▄███▀
    ▄▄██████▄▄          ▄███▀▀   ▄███▄
  ▄████████████▄     ▄██▀    ▄█████████▄
 ██████████████████ ██▀  ▄███████████████▄
 ████████████████████  ▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████████████████████