Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:49:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can we sue bitcoin.com for plagiarism?  (Read 331 times)
jackg (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 10:52:27 PM

https://forum.bitcoin.com/

I mean there’s copying the board names and then there’s that,

Is it just me who’s looking and thinking that all of their boards are the same name as bitcointalk. I’m surprised they didn’t go any steps further.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bluefirecorp_

Activity: 574
Merit: 152

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 11:00:40 PM
Merited by Patatas (5)

who cares? If their community is better than your community, maybe you should have made a better community in the first place.

Might as well "sue" bitcoin cash while you're at it.

suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2018, 11:12:59 PM

Do they have merits? If they do then we should definitely sue.
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1330

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2018, 11:13:15 PM

So, we should sue all other bitcoin forums for plagiarism, not only bitcoin.com because there are you can find same boards as on Bitcointalk. I don't like like Bitcoin Cash, Rodger Ver and everything what is related to it, I don't see nothing in their forum. Yeah, they have boards with same name, but also there are some unique board. If Bitcointalk have boards like Bitcoin discussion, Marketplace Altcoin discussion, other forums aren't allowed to use these words and they should invent a bike and find other words to name these boards?

jackg (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 11:30:49 PM

So, we should sue all other bitcoin forums for plagiarism, not only bitcoin.com because there are you can find same boards as on Bitcointalk. I don't like like Bitcoin Cash, Rodger Ver and everything what is related to it, I don't see nothing in their forum. Yeah, they have boards with same name, but also there are some unique board. If Bitcointalk have boards like Bitcoin discussion, Marketplace Altcoin discussion, other forums aren't allowed to use these words and they should invent a bike and find other words to name these boards?

Development & Technical discussion? I mean, come on, can you not come up with a better name in a few hours or at least one that's different. A lot of them follow the same order as here too.

Maybe spending six hours reading through stuff about Bitcoins devaluation and the recent Bitcoin cash fork. They're now even more scammy than they once were.
Astargath

Activity: 1624
Merit: 645

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 02:56:55 AM

Well, it is clearly ''inspired'' in this forum, however they do have a few different sections so really taking any legal action would be quite hard.

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
    ▄█████▀▀▀          ▀▀▀█████▄
   ████▀      █████▄▄       ▀████
  ████        ██   ▀██        ████
 ████         ██    ██         ████
▐███▌         ██▄▄▄██▀         ▐███▌
▐███▌         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▐███▌
▐███▌         ████████         ▐███▌
 ████            ██            ████
  ████           ██           ████
   ████▄         ██         ▄████
    ▀█████▄▄▄          ▄▄▄█████▀
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀
........NEWS, UPDATES, & ICO'S........
...FROM ALL THE PROJECTS YOU LOVE...
▄▄█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████▀     ██  ██  ██     ▀██▀     ██      ██     ▀██  ██     ▀██     █████████████
█████████████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████▄    ▀██  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██▄    ▀██  ██████  ▀▀  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██     █████████████
█████████████████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██  ██████  ▄  ▀██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████     ▄██▄    ▄██  ▀▀ ▄██     ▄██      ██  ██  ██  ██  ▀▀ ▄██     █████████████
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////
Luchinono

Activity: 30
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 05:52:37 AM

While suing them may make some sense, there is actually no reason to do so, as they are apparently lazy and not innovative,they'll always remain in bitcoin talks shadows
 Suing them could actually give them cheap/fake popularity,as their site name would actually be flashed around the news,all thanks to us.
TheQuin

Activity: 2576
Merit: 882

Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2018, 07:46:44 AM

Development & Technical discussion? I mean, come on, can you not come up with a better name in a few hours or at least one that's different. A lot of them follow the same order as here too.

I think LTU_btc has a point here. They would need to actually copy content rather than just board names to make it plagiarism. That does remind me of when the Electrum 3.0 vulnerability was first discovered and they just copied theymos' announcement. If that's still up there you may have a case.

freebitcoin.TO WIN A  LAMBORGHINI!..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
                    ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
                    ▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
                    ▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
                      ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
                           ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
TheBeardedBaby
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 3134

₿uy / $ell

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 07:51:28 AM

It's the same as suing Craig Wright who claims to be Satoshi and he obvious is not.

I don't think the forum is right projected, but there is more chance to sue all those phishing clones of the forum like bitcointalk.to than the bitcoin.com

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 07:56:30 AM

I am not sure if this is a serious post or not.

There are a number of problems with your case, the largest being that forum.bitcoin.com is not plagiarizing bitcointalk.

There are likely a large number of forums with similar board names, and there is a decent chance that some of the admins of each of the forums had not even visited any of the other forums with similar board names.

I’m surprised they didn’t go any steps further.
I am not even sure what this is supposed to mean.
S_Therapist

Activity: 308
Merit: 277

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 07:59:11 AM
Last edit: November 16, 2018, 09:21:07 AM by S_Therapist

Almost all of the forums(same niche) have same kinda boards. Those are created for having discussion, safe and secured deal or discussing things specifically. Therefore, it's nothing which we should sue.
Earlier I was in a forum which had some boards only. But later, some more boards were also added just because of necessity.
Regarding this issue, we can say every other forum is following bitcointalk as role model.

Exchase
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CRYPTO EXCHANGE  │  MARGIN TRADING  │  TOKEN LISTING
CRYPTO-WALLET  │  CRYPTO-GAMES  │  CRYPTO LOANS
SOCIAL TRADING  │  P2P EXCHANGE  │  OTC TRADING
MONEY TRANSFER SYSTEM  │  BINARY OPTIONS
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
coin8coin8

Activity: 168
Merit: 47

False Moon

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 08:26:26 AM

Should KFC sue McDonald's because their foods all looks the same?
For similar forums, the design boards are mostly similar, which does not constitute any infringement.
Because it is like this,I think that except for maliciously registering similar URLs, nothing else constitutes infringement.
From the website URL of bitcoin.com, it is significantly different from bitcointalk.org and does not make people confuse them. Therefore, no matter how to sue bitcoin.com will not be legally successful.

Loser
Initscri

Activity: 1540
Merit: 759

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2018, 08:30:34 AM

It's the same as suing Craig Wright who claims to be Satoshi and he obvious is not.

I don't think the forum is right projected, but there is more chance to sue all those phishing clones of the forum like bitcointalk.to than the bitcoin.com

Well was just looking today, BitcoinTalk.to is down so let's hope it stays that way

Is it weird/stupid they used the same forum categories: yes
Is it illegal/suable: probably not, or not worth it.

----------------------------------
Web Developer. PM for details.
----------------------------------
Direwolve735

Activity: 448
Merit: 232

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 08:50:46 AM

So, we should sue all other bitcoin forums for plagiarism, not only bitcoin.com because there are you can find same boards as on Bitcointalk.

In addition, there`re a huge number of "local" forums, which are almost an exact copy of the bitcointalk. For example, Russian forums bitalk.org and forum.bits.media use more than half of bitcointalk titles, copy entire boards and plagiarize content. But it`s hardly possible to do something within the framework of the legal field, especially if we`re talking about forums in other countries (features of various laws, the inability to bring to justice). The best thing we can do in this situation is to develop our forum. After all, it still remains the main platform on which crypto enthusiasts and investors gather. The strength of the forum in its members and the quality of content. And the bitcointalk forum remains the undisputed leader in this regard.
Coinifyx

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

Personal Text

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 01:54:22 PM

60 users online, bitcointalk has 1500 users online
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=stats

They can copy but they won't get all the contents indexed on google

Nothing to say
jointherevolution

Activity: 229
Merit: 3

EndChain - Complete Logistical Solution

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 02:19:18 PM

I don't think Bitcoin Talk can sue even if they have merit system, you must first make a patent I believe. And even then I think if they do not call it merits and they name it rewards then they are not supposed to be identical. What I see now in that forum, it is just a similar forum structure, nothing wrong with that. If it is successful here someone else will use it elsewhere.

EndChain - Complete logistical solution for all markets and supply chains
ICO Start: 1.12.2018 (https://endchain.io/)
Jrashid

Activity: 154
Merit: 26

Need Forum Moderator?? PM me.

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2018, 05:58:35 PM

I don't think Bitcoin Talk can sue even if they have merit system, you must first make a patent I believe. And even then I think if they do not call it merits and they name it rewards then they are not supposed to be identical. What I see now in that forum, it is just a similar forum structure, nothing wrong with that. If it is successful here someone else will use it elsewhere.
Lol, you didn't get the point of suchmoon, on fact.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: