Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 01:18:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Where were you and what were you doing when bitcoin took this huge $1,000 Dump.  (Read 518 times)
biskitop

Activity: 686
Merit: 104

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 05:25:02 AM

take a cup of coffee and drink it while relaxing. there's no need to think too much that bitcoin has dropped dramatically. because most likely the end of this year will not be the same as last year. it could be next year  Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
albert11

Activity: 679
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 08:06:01 AM

and what did you think of it, LOL?

For me it was a disaster, I was just getting ready to do some btc transactions, and all deals fell through basically, and there is nothing looming in the horizon.I hope the market recovers fast.

I did pick up some cheap coins however.

What did you do??? Let us know.

This will have a great impact on investors especially. Because I did not hold Bitcoin I do is take advantage of the cheap cost of bitcoin to buy.

████████████████████
           ██████████████████████
          ████                ████
         ████   █████   ████   ████
        ████   ███████ ██████   ████
       ████   ████ ████   ████   ████
      ████   ████   ████   ████   ████
     ████   ████  ██ ████   ████ 
    ████   ████   ██  ████
    ████   ████   ███  ████
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███    ███
     ████   ████   ████ ████ ████
      ████   ████   ████ ██ ████  ████
       ████   ████   ████ ████   ████
        ████   ██████ ██████    ████
         ████   ████   ████    ████
          ████                ████
           ██████████████████████
            ████████████████████
I N D X
mr.mister (OP)

Activity: 299
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 02:42:53 PM

take a cup of coffee and drink it while relaxing. there's no need to think too much that bitcoin has dropped dramatically. because most likely the end of this year will not be the same as last year. it could be next year  Wink

I guess if you have nothing invested, and your business does not depend on bitcoin, then, yes, drink your coffee and relax.

Bitcoin Cash (BCASH) is NOT the real Bitcoin
rina aulia

Activity: 588
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 05:07:54 PM

Totally unexpected, Bitcoin fell $ 1000 in just one day even though before bitcoin slowly began to increase, it turned out there was a BCH hard fork that day which made the Bitcoin rate fall too deep but I'm sure it was only temporarily

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4458

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 05:15:13 PM

Totally unexpected, Bitcoin fell $ 1000 in just one day even though before bitcoin slowly began to increase, it turned out there was a BCH hard fork that day which made the Bitcoin rate fall too deep but I'm sure it was only temporarily

not to do with BCH

it was VC investment from last year that had a 12month contract to hold.
they finally got to sell this year.
also pools are using more efficient ASICS this month so can afford to sell coins cheaper.

craig right and others knew this.

craig just planned some social drama and forked a coin that wont last. and is just telling a story that he is the cause..
he is just trying to take credit and pretend he is a influencer. even though his coin has no impact on btc.

EG the price didnt drop at last years august event which was more directly linked to btc. so its un related to a fork of a fork that has no utility and is there just for dramatic effect

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
fulled

Activity: 644
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 05:22:59 PM

I currently only hold under 1 bitcoin and all i do is just wait till market recover, its too late to sell btc and keep fiat, the price dump drastically, losing almost 25% value in last 2days Sad
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4458

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 05:32:44 PM

I currently only hold under 1 bitcoin and all i do is just wait till market recover, its too late to sell btc and keep fiat, the price dump drastically, losing almost 25% value in last 2days Sad

25% ina couple days.. the price was never high $7k range a few days ago..

as for too late to sell lol
the price remained at above $5800 for an entire 12 months... pretty much to the day prices have been above $5800
check out the chart from mid november 2017 to mid november 2018

12 months to sell above $5800

anyway. the price is only $5500 so only a few hundred below the 12 month bottomline. so not much risk.
all i would say is buy some cheap coins before things move back into the above $5800 range again. because many have been screaming for some good discount days. so here is an oppertunity

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
thunderbitz2717

Activity: 594
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 05:33:08 PM

For me it was a disaster, I was just getting ready to do some btc transactions, and all deals fell through basically, and there is nothing looming in the horizon.I hope the market recovers fast.

During that time I do nothing about it, even I like to take the chance to buy it but I can't due to I don't have enough money to buy bitcoin by that time. Only I did was only watching what is happening on its price value, lucky to those have money by that time because they totally gained much in it.
Jating

Activity: 2912
Merit: 805

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 06:05:11 PM

Obviously, it was unexpected, remember we have been trading sideways for the last 3-4 months. So I'm not expecting something to happen at this point.

I was sleeping like a baby, Lmao. But when I wake up and checking out the forum, I saw several threads and look at the price in coinmarketcap. Damn, it was a dip that no one ever saw coming.

Good for you. Right move because all coins are cheap at the moment. Even bitcoin is still a good buy at this point.
Indamuck

Activity: 1120
Merit: 554

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 06:59:01 PM

Used the opportunity to buy more cheap coins.  This drop is nothing compared to hose that dabble in altcoins.  I've seen altcoins lose over 50 percent within a day before.  Bitcoin is still stable when it's compared against the low marketcap altcoins.  Just wait till the end of the year, this is when the market always picks back up.
norachuks

Activity: 331
Merit: 3

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 07:27:22 PM

Menh! that's a good question and am still thinking where i was and whenever i think of it i feel bad about it because i never believe in it.

YouSeeMe  - Bartcoin - Bartwallet
⚪ Infinite Possibilities ⚪
Pre-sale on Feb, 18
brooklynian

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 12:26:53 PM

I have never once given myself to frequently checking the price of cryptocurrency and bitcoin in particular. I got to know of this recent sharp drop from a coinmarketcap.com page image someone posted on Facebook. But basically what I did was to continue to hold despite the fact that the downtrend continued.
funchiestz

Activity: 1134
Merit: 342

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 12:41:38 PM

It can decrease that level. But if it will, we will suffer badly. I hope it won't never.
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2018, 12:43:57 PM

Well, I believe that Bitcoin has the potential to change the way we live today in financial aspects. However, I don't consider myself as a trader as I can not devote adequate time and flexibility which requires for trading. However, I can take some time out of my schedule and use it for research which allows me to take long-term investing decisions. Anything happening in the short term is not much relevant while considering the long-term growth and volatility of $1K is not abnormal for the crypto market.
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1332

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 08:42:24 PM

I am not really a trader so I was doing nothing except holding my coins and then I watched the market crashing down, it was really surprising because the crash happened very suddenly and I was speechless for a moment to see such a huge crash when I thought the price will not go any lower and after that I began to look for reasons for the crash and I could not find anything so this is really a mystery to me.
mr.mister (OP)

Activity: 299
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 03:30:11 AM

Well, since I started this thread, bitcoin dumped another $1,000, so what do you think of the 2nd $1,000 dump, and do you think it's going to go down further? I think we could actually see $3950 tonight...

Bitcoin Cash (BCASH) is NOT the real Bitcoin
Zin-Zang

Activity: 364
Merit: 13

Killing Lightning Network with a 51% Ignore attack

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 03:31:47 AM

You overpaid for those coins, prices are not yet done going down.

Well, since I started this thread, bitcoin dumped another $1,000, so what do you think of the 2nd $1,000 dump, and do you think it's going to go down further? I think we could actually see $3950 tonight...

There should be another $2000 lost before the end of the year.
None of the support floors can hold until ~$1500 , and then we don't know how long the btc miners can hold out.

I was Red Tagged because Lauda Blows Theymos to get back on DT
The rest are just lauda's personal butt monkeys=> Hhampuz , Vod, TMAN , achow101
Dummsaus

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 05:38:58 AM

You overpaid for those coins, prices are not yet done going down.

There should be another $2000 lost before the end of the year.
None of the support floors can hold until ~$1500 , and then we don't know how long the btc miners can hold out.

$1500 is realistic, that is where to hype started.
I was just wondering why it took so long to find out. We had a 1-Year 500-1200% hype.
The worst thing of all, I couldn't get any profit out of it, since the BitcoinPlus Up&Drop one year ago wasted all my investments.
Since then I knew everything was scam, even BTC.
amonymous

Activity: 1177
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 05:46:20 AM

I'm a Bitcoin holder so now I have hold decide finished 3000$ more them.
Well said that Bitcoin value now very dumping so best situation already created now.

since if you can buy some Bitcoin and keep it hold then you will makes profit everything.after if again Bitcoin value come back in the 2017 year last value.let me know Bitcoin value anything can be jump without any knock.so keep claim your best time ever and opportunities. definitely holders people will get more profitable.
TheClownSong

Activity: 1428
Merit: 251

solidtradebank.com | 5%-15% Welcome Bonus

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 08:19:56 AM

Off course its disaster when bitcoin drop more than $1000 but it also an opportunity for us to buying coin with cheaper price. Bitcoin volatile always happen and i think its good time for buying more coin. I am believe cryptocurrency market will survive and recover again to reach highest market cap value

Qi.Blockchain|The only blockchain the
world will ever need
|Eco-friendly
Decentralized
Secure, Fast
|
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌